Prestashop cookies - we use what cookies?

Hi

As its a legal requirement can someone please show me the way to find the types of cookies used by

prestashop?

I need to identify them, understand them, then list them making the information available to my customers

through my site CMS.

Thanks for your support.

Polynikes

Hi friend, I have test a lot of tools, for me the best is the extension for google chrome called "cookies button"

With this tool is very easy know what cookie came with what program, and delete all or one to one.

king regards from spain

Hi

As its a legal requirement can someone please show me the way to find the types of cookies used by

prestashop?

I need to identify them, understand them, then list them making the information available to my customers

through my site CMS.

Thanks for your support.

Polynikes

cookies that you see in your shop depends on modules that you use.

for example, if you use google analytics tool, your shop will create google cookie, if you use other services - it's more than possible that your shop will create also cookies for these services...

the same with cookies created by modules... everything depends on what kind of servies you use, and also on what modules you use...

Thanks to all for your help.

I need a link please to chrome developpers tool so I can download it. Searching on google is so confusing I'm wasting SO much time on this!

Does my 'shop' need to be live in order to test it for use of cookies? Any good training links on youtube?

Vekia - would it be an idea to notify prestashop store owners about the use of cookies when 'providing' / selling addon modules? If its a legal

requirement to declare it we need to know about it.

Thanks again

Thank you Vekia I'm checking out the link and so far it looks great.

France has a very strict legal 'code' for the use of cookies, I know because I have invested quite a lot of time and money into finding out just what the legal position is here.

I see from browsing around certain web sites here in France they are not conforming with current requirements and wonder if anyone IS responsible for policing this?

Anyway I'm quite happy to share some of my hard fought knowledge of the French legal side should anyone need it (and I may just save someone quite a few euros too).

Good luck to all

Poly

I spoke too soon I fear....

My list of cookies using editthiscookies.com is only 8 cookies long and does not give me what I need to satisfy the legal team.

They want a list of all cookies used by my site and a breakdown of each to give its name and its function! Then I need a cookies chart all of which is to be dispayed on my site.

So I need to know which are 'essentail cookies' or 'functional cookies' and what if any are in fact third party cookies?

If their is a way to do this with editthiscookie.com I can't see it? Maybe google dev tools? but I could do with some guidance.

Help anyone please?

Thank you

it's not possible to give cookie name, some cookies are based on random hash generated by server called "session cookies".

from technical point of view your legal team requirements are impossible to fulfill 

btw.this is how whole internet works

here is an example of cokie with random name. After expiry, new cookie will be generated with totally different name.

thYIfhR.png

with this tool you can find:

- cookie name

- information if cookie is a part of your website, or a part of external website

- cookie expiration time

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

hello! our laywer is proofing our website and he told me that i should give him the information which cookies (name) are used and which functions they have. so i' ve installed editthiscookie.com (because i found this forum-item, thanks vekia) and now i have the name of the cookies, but how to find out which function the cookie has? i should make categories like:

must-have cookies (responsible for standard function of the website) -

-> they should be included in each installation don't regarding which additional modules are installed or am i wrong?

functional cookies (storage user data, security, website analysis)

-> storage user data is also a standard feature or am i wrong?

marketing cookies

as long as i dont use google analytics or such stuff i know that i don' t use marketing cookies or website analysis - but how do i know which "standard" cookie has which function?

thx lg sigls

hello

everything depends on what cookies your website use.

it's hard to say about cookies type without possibility to check your website.

website that use custom modules may use different cookies than other websites.

hello

everything depends on what cookies your website use.

it's hard to say about cookies type without possibility to check your website.

website that use custom modules may use different cookies than other websites.

hello vekia!

our/my site is www.schulshop.at. i would be pleased if you could have a look on it.

lg sigls