Can PS 1.6.0.5 be used in production site?

roo10

My question is simple. Can PS 1.6.0.5 be used in production site?

Its because this page says that its a "test version for developers and can't be used in production website" even though on left side its written in big letters "Prestashop 1.6.0 stable".

Also, when I click on "Download" button on Prestashop site homepage slider, it will still download the PS 1.6.0.5 which is development version.

Edited by roo10 (see edit history)

I would not suggest using this on a production site.  But that is up to each merchant to decide for themselves. 

You should install a test copy of v1.6.0.5, and then test various aspects that you will need on your production store. (ie..  if you don't need stock management, then disable it and make sure you can order products).

If everything works properly, then you might want to load test the application to ensure it will handle your expected volume of visitors, customers, products, categories and orders.

ABSOLUTELY NOT !!! Do not use 1.6 in production, way too many bugs.

Actually, you can't even use it for test purposes because of many many many issues!

@skiletmk you really want people to get mad on you? I would say something about your neurons, but I might get banned, but SHUT IT UP if you're useless.

Of course you can use 1.6 in production if you tested it first as we recommend. Many live stores have already upgraded. Here is one that was upgraded on Monday www.gazzz.com .

You will get banned if you continue abuse and offend other members. 

This version will be free from defects maybe a year. (version 1.5 still does not work properly blockcard module) This is about what the customer gets design. Can there be any revolutionary technology of the world, if it can not be seen. It's just a disaster.

it is wise to install it separately with data from your shop and test it for several days, better weeks and than, when every bit of problem is solved and benefits excess possible errors, use it on production site. All depends on size and importance of your shop. If you cannot accept any errors, then it is better to upgrade later.

A little offtop, but guys stop complaining about 1.6 and fighting against each other. You all are the members of prestashop community and only you can help to make it better. Instead of complaining you'd better install it on some test domain and look what is good and what is wrong with it and give your results to the public and help the team of developers to solve the problems you have found. That's my opinion. Too many rumorous too less work. I know that everybody was waiting impatiently for 1.6 and could be a little bit dissapointed, but I can see the progress. I also use Magento CE and for me it also has many bugs (including polish translation which is a disaster - lack of good community). There is no perfect solution which is for free and good for each site.

• Like 1

+1 @Lucas Kr - We should work as a team and help making PS the best E-commerce software. But, some users get frustrated as they waited long for PS 1.6 and in the end does't get what they want.

@Benjamin Utterback - I have read in forums where many users have issues with new PS 1.6. So, is there any approx date to release the next version with those reported issues solved?

Its simply because I'm in no hurry and can wait (if next version available shortly within 2-3 weeks) considering those reported issues will be solved.

@Benjamin Utterback - I have read in forums where many users have issues with new PS 1.6. So, is there any approx date to release the next version with those reported issues solved?

Its simply because I'm in no hurry and can wait (if next version available shortly within 2-3 weeks) considering those reported issues will be solved.

@Benjamin - I await your reply..

roo10 many of the issues can be fixed with some simple adjustments and reseting modules. It`s not that hard just needs some time.

as mentioned too many times in this thread test it adjust it then upgrade with thos changes needed.

my site is working fine except my manually upgraded payment modules which i need to reconfigure. not an issue though my fault for not backing up the changes i made.

only other issue i have is not being able to link googleanalytics to the backend.

It can definitely be used as a production site. There are a few minor things to take care of, but solutions can easily be found by searching here and on Google.

My first production site has been live for a week now and I do not have any problems.