1.6 Upgrade a mess

Go to modules position

move the cart module so that it is above the top horizontal menu

this will fix the misaligned cart module in the header

Then Have a look at the themeconfigurator module this will fix the slider and image issues.

Disable the reassurance module in the footer, this is from the old default theme

Have a look at your modules. Go to modules => positions and look what is hooked at the displayFooter hook.

There are obviously some modules that need to be unhooked.

It's not that difficult, just have the courage to do some module rearragements ... :)

Edited by prestamax (see edit history)

Done the one-click-upgrade and my front page is somewhat of a mess.

http://www.tabletenniswest.com.au

I have cleared cache and regenerated images etc. 

I have the same issue with home slider: 

Tried to reset theme configurator module, uninstall then install again, but its the same.

Any solution?

EDIT1:

I just redownloaded and installed from scratch and slider behaves same as on video.

EDIT2:

Slider behaves normal in Internet Explorer & Mozilla Firefox, so I belive it has something to do with Chrome.

Regards,

Vedran

Edited by vmarkovic (see edit history)

Hi Guys,

ever thought about the fact that some of the modules integrated in your custom themes may not be compatible to the new prestashop 1.6.0 version?? Just my 2 cents...

Mine was pretty much the default template from the previous version. Dont know why it would get so messed up with an update but oh well.. 

well, but in my shop, nothing was changed, I did not install any customer module different from the default modules. Therefore it should not be any compability problem.

Same as me. I just done a clean install and am liking it so far :)

Its disappointing that i have to redo all my products and stuff though. 

Same as me. I just done a clean install and am liking it so far :)

Its disappointing that i have to redo all my products and stuff though. 

But, is there any kind of import some data after reinstalling 1.6 from scratch maybe? Or do I have to set up the whole shop completely from beginning?

How do you do this with the modules and the cart?

Go to modules position

move the cart module so that it is above the top horizontal menu

this will fix the misaligned cart module in the header

Then Have a look at the themeconfigurator module this will fix the slider and image issues.

Disable the reassurance module in the footer, this is from the old default theme

Have a look at your modules. Go to modules => positions and look what is hooked at the displayFooter hook.

There are obviously some modules that need to be unhooked.

It's not that difficult, just have the courage to do some module rearragements ... :)

How do you do this with the modules and the cart?

In the backend go to the menu modules => positions

Here you will find a confusing long list of hooks. Look for the display-Hooks. These are the hooks that display the modules in the frontend. Look for displayTop to find the header modules.

Here you will find all modules that are hooked to show up in the header region if they are enabled.

You can reorder them by drag & drop with the mouse

move.png

Same with the footer modules ... displayFooter ...

• Like 2

Thanks Prestamax! You provided a very good insight on how to perhaps fix the issue! I installed a fresh copy of 1.6, and you can see here, it works perfectly:

http://testpresta2.trueseeing.com/

Now, comparing the upgraded site with the new one, the modules enabled and the positions are not the same.

1.6 upgraded footer

post-761932-0-53149200-1395187886_thumb.jpg

1.6 fresh footer
post-761932-0-35938900-1395187893_thumb.jpg

The header is also different. I will post it later and perhaps this can help others fix it by reordering their headers / footers :)

post-761932-0-53149200-1395187886_thumb.jpg

post-761932-0-35938900-1395187893_thumb.jpg

Ok, things are already start to look better! Besides configuring the hooks as above, you also need to configure the module "theme configurator", and enable everything there to be like the fresh install (or customize to your needs).

Then, you need to go to Preferences -> Themes, and change the options to look like the attachment...

Now the bottom of the site is fixed, I will try to fix the header...

post-761932-0-05767800-1395190514_thumb.jpg

Edited by mymtgstore (see edit history)

I will have to agree. I spend another chunk of time on this, and found more stuff:

install layered navigation block

reset wishlist

add / reset dashboard trends

add / reset dashboard products

remove dashboard activity

remove favorite products

remove image slider for your homepage

reset featured products on the homepage

add / reset new produts block

Then, I still need to fix the header, the top, the left column, etc etc. It's too much work. Since I'm just starting the shop, it's easier to just export the content and start from scratch...

I don't see how the prestashop team will be able to fix this one...

It is very important to test each new prestashop version with a test site version of your store. Been burned with the 1.3 to 1.4 upgrade and again to the 1.5 upgrade (lot less problems). I am definitely not in a rush to upgrade to 1.6 for a little bit (even though i am very excited for the features).

Let them smooth over some of the kinks in the upgrade process and i will tackle it when my theme is update for 1.6.