Upgrade breaks 1.5.6.2 theme - easy to reproduce

I tried this on 2 separate sites I have, from 1.5.6.1 and 1.5.6.2 to 1.6. Both pretty much standard install, and both horribly broken after the upgrade:

http://www.allthingsccg.com/index.php

http://testpresta.trueseeing.com/index.php

I guess the only solutions:

1 - Install from scratch and avoid the headaches?

2 - Install a new store, and compare the modules / hooks to try to restore the upgraded site to the correct setting?

Any other ideas? Did the prestashop team even test a simple upgrade scenario, going from stock 1.5.6.2 to 1.6? It should work, but it doesn't :(

hello,

a suggestion also to check is that unwanted modules were re enabled.

My site was a mess bcause it re-enabled all the default menus etc i don`T use.

Also regenerating images and clearing smarty cache helped

now i just have some annoying flickering img issue and some images don`T scale correct seem to have changed the size?

Wrong, the 1.5 theme does not have any updates that will make it compatible with 1.6.

But lets say you modified the 1.5 theme to be a two column page and that is how you want 1.6 to look, you will then need to modify the theme with 1.6 to resemble the two column layout such as I did with my test site.

So if you are happy with the standard theme layout shipped with 1.6 you want need to modify the template.

As with any upgrade the new upgrade will have modules enabled by default that may not have been part of your original shop or modules that you did not use.

There is an option on the upgrade page so that non native modules (modules you installed) to be or not be disabled during upgrade.

switch back to your previous version, i think ver 1.6 not stable yet.

Agree! The few hours delay yesterday at the release of release are indicative that there seems to be problems with this version. I personally met some problems and I can not get my theme also modified from version 1.5 to work correctly on 1.6. Work, but I can not add the left column.

I think the update should affect only the administration first and only then to introduce bootstrap for client end . Now many traders are confused because the new client part seems odd .

I will be wait for next release. 

Usual 'stable' release issues then! Not quitesure 'stable' is appropriate lately with Prestashop upgrade process.

Does anyone at Presta ever test it out on a live, real worls server before release, by upgrading an earlier version?

this is what happens when you try to be early adopters.  the version is PS v1.6.0.5, that means 5 minor alpha releases before being declared 'stable'...

Always allow new software to mature before you move to it.  Always test the upgrade process on a copy of your store to determine what issues you will have before breaking your production store.

this is what happens when you try to be early adopters.  the version is PS v1.6.0.5, that means 5 minor alpha releases before being declared 'stable'...

Always allow new software to mature before you move to it.  Always test the upgrade process on a copy of your store to determine what issues you will have before breaking your production store.

Good advice, I always test on a test site and once I have the bugs worked out then and only then do I use the upgrade.

I also use this time to modify the theme to my liking along with any other options I want.

A link to my current test site: 1.4 to 1.5 to 1.6

https://team-shepherdusa.com/shop15/