Forward e-mail from customer help

Hi,

When a customer goes to Contact page, and sends a message, i can only see the message in BO. This is uncomfortable for us, because we regullary check the e-mail but not the BO. What i would like is to forward,redirect the message sent from the customer in contact page, to the e-mail we use ( in the same way we receive an e-mail notification for a new order.

Thanks !

I am using SMTP to send emails. It works well except the contact from.

Here is the situation:

Customer can not get the confirmation email after send a contact form. I can see the message in the administration, but I do not get a email about this message. I can only reply the message from the customer service in administration.

Other email function, like new order, mail alert all works fine. 

Code:

2013-10-14 08:02:45 [28297] H=([email protected]) [119.81.15.197]:52870 I=[119.81.15.197]:465 F=<[email protected]> A=dovecot_plain:[email protected] rejected RCPT <[email protected]>: SITEGROUND: AUTHENTICATED Sorry 119.81.15.197. The "MAIL FROM" email address [email protected] / siteground.com you are using is not hosted on this server. Tried to use [email protected] / siteground.com as mail from address. Sending mails from addresses not hosted on our server is not allowed. Please check the "MAIL FROM" settings of your mail client and make sure you set the "MAIL FROM" address to an email account which is hosted on the server.

2013-10-14 08:02:45 [28297] H=([email protected]) [119.81.15.197]:52870 I=[119.81.15.197]:465 incomplete transaction (RSET) from <[email protected]>

The FROM setting should be available via the backend of the application. I cannot specify which is the exact file that needs to be eddied. The conatact form itself is configured to be a mail from and thus it sends from [email protected] instead of [email protected]. I can suggest that you install another form or try to reconfigure this one initially.

Let us know if we can perform anything form our end.

Best Regards,

Georgi L.

Technical Support Team

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The hosting guy found the probem, does anyone know how to fix it???

the answer is here:

email address [email protected] / siteground.com  you are using is not hosted on this server. Tried to use [email protected] / siteground.com as mail from address. Sending mails from addresses not hosted on our server is not allowed

it's a part of "SPF" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sender_Policy_Framework

you need to use correct email address related to your store domain (mail with your store domain)

yes, I am using the email from my hosting, my site is kaka-x.com, and my email is [email protected]. I have filled this email address in advanced parameters-email, preference-shop contact, customer-customerservice

The question is that The contact form itself is configured to be a mail from and thus it sends from "the customer email address" instead of [email protected]

How can I change this?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

When a customer goes to Contact page, and sends a message, i can only see the message in BO. This is uncomfortable for us, because we regullary check the e-mail but not the BO. What i would like is to forward,redirect the message sent from the customer in contact page, to the e-mail we use ( in the same way we receive an e-mail notification for a new order.

Thanks !

Hello, I have the same need to do this, but reading the thread, I don't see any suggested solutions. Am I missing something? I simply want to get an email notification when a customer uses the contact form to send a message. 

The backoffice notification works fine, but we are often away from the dashboard and would really like emailed versions of the backoffice customer messages to be forwarded.

I looked around for modules, for other threads and in general on the web, and surprisingly did not find anything about this (imho) pretty basic feature. Can anyone give me a hint? ;-)

Thanks,

H

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello, I have the same need to do this, but reading the thread, I don't see any suggested solutions. Am I missing something? I simply want to get an email notification when a customer uses the contact form to send a message. 

The backoffice notification works fine, but we are often away from the dashboard and would really like emailed versions of the backoffice customer messages to be forwarded.

I looked around for modules, for other threads and in general on the web, and surprisingly did not find anything about this (imho) pretty basic feature. Can anyone give me a hint? ;-)

Thanks,

H

I agree 100%. This is such an obvious requirement and you would expect this to be a simple configuration item (forward customer messages to

1. ). It makes perfect sense for the list of roles to include the Customer Service role by default. The suggested solutions (if they really are) are so cumbersome and host-environment dependent as to deter me from attempting them. I wonder if the OPs question was really properly understood?

Why is this important anyway? Well from my point of view, we get order notifications in email form already, but if the customer uses a message to relay important shipping information (call this number, leave parcel here, whatever) we won't be aware of this unless we check in BO. This shouldn't be necessary as the order can otherwise be fulfilled based on the content of the system generated order notification.

Steve

this thread is a year old, but i can't find any other threads with a solution. i gotta have the messages going to our customer support email address, not the back office of prestashop. our customer service people don't even know how to get into the back office of our site, and i prefer it that way. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I am also having problems with the support e-mails

At first i thought it was because of the error of the mail alerts module, but now i am receiving the e-mails for the orders and out of stock, but not the messages for costumer support.

I am using SMTP and receiving all other e-mails.

PS 1.5.6

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Wow, i cant believe that there still is no solution to this simple problem!

As soon as i have some spare time I'll write a module for it. Meanwhile here is the quick&dirty fix:

/controllers/front/ContactController.php

After (~line 186):

if ($id_product)
					{
						$product = new Product((int)$id_product);
						if (Validate::isLoadedObject($product) && isset($product->name[Context::getContext()->language->id]))
							$var_list['{product_name}'] = $product->name[Context::getContext()->language->id];
					}

Replace the if/else statement with the following:

if (empty($contact->email)){
    Mail::Send($this->context->language->id, 'contact_form', ((isset($ct) && Validate::isLoadedObject($ct)) ? sprintf(Mail::l('Your message has been correctly sent #ct%1$s #tc%2$s'), $ct->id, $ct->token) : Mail::l('Your message has been correctly sent')), $var_list, $from, null, null, null, $fileAttachment);
    //send copy to support!
    Mail::Send($this->context->language->id, 'contact_form', 'New support message received', $var_list, '***YOUR EMAIL***', 'Support', $from, null, $fileAttachment);
    }
    else
    {					
    if (!Mail::Send($this->context->language->id, 'contact', Mail::l('Message from contact form').' [no_sync]',	$var_list, $contact->email, $contact->name, $from, ($customer->id ? $customer->firstname.' '.$customer->lastname : ''), $fileAttachment)
     || !Mail::Send($this->context->language->id, 'contact_form', ((isset($ct) && Validate::isLoadedObject($ct)) ? sprintf(Mail::l('Your message has been correctly sent #ct%1$s #tc%2$s'), $ct->id, $ct->token) : Mail::l('Your message has been correctly sent')), $var_list, $from, null, $contact->email, $contact->name, $fileAttachment)
     || !Mail::Send($this->context->language->id, 'contact_form', 'New support message received', $var_list, '***YOUR EMAIL***', 'Support', $from, null, $fileAttachment)
	)
    $this->errors[] = Tools::displayError('An error occurred while sending the message.');
					}

REPLACE ***YOUR EMAIL*** with the support address!

Hope that helps!

Edited by Mexxim (see edit history)

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

OK has anyone found a solution to this email issue.  I also have a client that need the contact and orders to go to her gmail account.  COME ON PEOPLE this is NOT Rocket Science - there MUST BE A SOLUTION.

Thank you and let us know HAVE NOT AND WILL NOT GIVE UP UNTIL THIS IS ANSWERED.  And Yes we all know about cross domains - that is NOT the issue - the issue is a simple forward of the email in the BO.