very low loading time

I don;t know what is the issue but my site speed suks bigtime. I am using presta 1.5.4.1 and i don;t have that much products, around 300. In the begining the site was loading just fine, then in a few weeks i noticed a slight decrease in loading time but in the few days it is a nightmare. My BO loading time is more then 15-20 seconds. My front office is even worst. I can\t figure out whats wrong. My resources usage in cpanel tells me i have 100% cpu usage in the last 24 hours, and i was limited, but now it on 0% usage and still i have very low speed. I deactivated all the modules i don't use, like statistics. No change. I can't upgrade do 1.5.5.0 because i had to make some manual changes in the code, a long time ago.

Btw the site is www.ebrother.ro

I use cache on, never compile theme, CCC for CSS,CCC for javascript,minify html, compres javascript in html, cache:file system.

What the heck is wrong?! i also receive a lot of 

504 Gateway Time-out

nginx

I will try to do a clone on another hosting server to see what happens. Btw, cand anyone point me to the location of config file, where database connection settings are?

Edited by anukku (see edit history)

my cpanel says:

Your site has been limited within the past 24 hours

CPU resources were limited for your site

Your site might hit resource limits soon

Your Physical Memory usage was at 971.2M out of 1.0G

You had 256 I/O usage out of 256 max I/O usage allowed

[Details]

And also my database has 8.5MB...is kind of huge considering the fact i only have no more then 300 products, a few accounts and a few orders.

Now my datafeed scrips give a bad gateway nginx :(

For now yes, but it loaded faster then yesterday even before i disabled the specials block. I will keep u posted. I will try tomorow to ask some of my friends to acces the clone site (dives-fashion-design.ro) simultanely to see how it performs. Then i will do the same test on the principal one(ebrother.ro)

I will also  start reading your signature link :) 

You can use loadimpact.com to put a load on the site, they also will show you a metric of how long things take. If you have a vps with root access or a dedicated machine you can also install new relic on the site. It gives good information on loading times. 

My situation suks! The site loads now kind off slowish but it works... What doesn't work anymore is my shopmania feed and others feeds. And again:

Resource Usage Overview

Your site has been limited within the past 24 hours

CPU resources were limited for your site

Current Usage Description Usage Limit Fault CPU Usage 16.7% 100% - I/O usage 256 256 - Entry Processes 1 25 0 Number of processes 3 60 0 Physical Memory Usage 198.86M 1.00G 0

• 2 years later...

Also try disabling your best selling block. I haven't had issues with it, but I could see it becoming an issue. Also, how many products do you have assigned to the home category in the back office?

Hello .

I have some problem whit my Prestashop. My aplication generate a hight I/O usage . I have tried a lot of things but so far problem is not resolved. www.zootehnice.ro

I have disable some modules like: special products, and new products, not a diference.