Layered Navigation At Manufacturers And Search Page

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

You will need to look at alternative modules, until Prestashop addresses this issue.

You can check out our Ajax filter http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/118467-module-ajax-filter-ajax-based-filter-using-price-supplier-man-category-feature-attribute/ (which can also be on the homepage and the center column)

You can also try to Addons store.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Is there a way to have layered navigation on Search Results page in prestashop 1.6?

Hello All

Update on my previous post; I searched for a method to enable the layered navigation search results page. But unfortunately I could not get it done.

Than we decided to do modify the search results page, and add some filters to it. We have utilized the DataTable which is implemented by Allen using JQuery and is a neat and clean tool. (Opensource)

Luckily the search method in PS like most of other components are very well documented so it was not very difficult to get search results out of the existing PHP search method, and then we only needed to get the list of matching products (or search results) feed that list to the DataTables and the rest is being handled by Datatables.

We liked it so much that we went on and utilized the same method for all other pages of the website as well.

It was one of our struggles, and today when I got a notification on this loop I realized I have shared the results of our efforts here.

Hope that gives some idea to you.

good luck

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello All

Update on my previous post; I searched for a method to enable the layered navigation search results page. But unfortunately I could not get it done.

Than we decided to do modify the search results page, and add some filters to it. We have utilized the DataTable which is implemented by Allen using JQuery and is a neat and clean tool. (Opensource)

Luckily the search method in PS like most of other components are very well documented so it was not very difficult to get search results out of the existing PHP search method, and then we only needed to get the list of matching products (or search results) feed that list to the DataTables and the rest is being handled by Datatables.

We liked it so much that we went on and utilized the same method for all other pages of the website as well.

It was one of our struggles, and today when I got a notification on this loop I realized I have shared the results of our efforts here.

Hope that gives some idea to you.

good luck

Hi,

Can you give some clue how this can be done exactly? I needed to add filter to Search results and Manufacturers pages

Thank you

For this to happen first you need to override the page which lists search results and in that page you need to implement the DATATABLES 

It helps greatly to understand / know that for each search the SEARCH.PHP is called and it basically sends a SQL query to MySQL database and stores the results of products' search in an array of sort.

So once you have re-configured your search results page, then you will implement the DataTables JQuery tool there, with products / items returned by Search.PHP, DataTables will provide the filtering and search within results features.

Search.php is somewhat commented and documented both in the php file itself and in these forums, also the DataTables has got its own website and forum with many active users which is a great resource.

In our case I have overriden both the search.php and search results page's smarty (tpl) file to get the desired outcome.

I assumed you are familiar with these concepts of over riding functions/classes in Prestashop and also with SQL queries and SMARTY etc. Otherwise it will take some effort to manage this. But the result is totally worth the effort, visitors will like the feature.

hope this helps

• Like 1

For this to happen first you need to override the page which lists search results and in that page you need to implement the DATATABLES 

It helps greatly to understand / know that for each search the SEARCH.PHP is called and it basically sends a SQL query to MySQL database and stores the results of products' search in an array of sort.

So once you have re-configured your search results page, then you will implement the DataTables JQuery tool there, with products / items returned by Search.PHP, DataTables will provide the filtering and search within results features.

Search.php is somewhat commented and documented both in the php file itself and in these forums, also the DataTables has got its own website and forum with many active users which is a great resource.

In our case I have overriden both the search.php and search results page's smarty (tpl) file to get the desired outcome.

I assumed you are familiar with these concepts of over riding functions/classes in Prestashop and also with SQL queries and SMARTY etc. Otherwise it will take some effort to manage this. But the result is totally worth the effort, visitors will like the feature.

hope this helps

Thats great, makes sense. I will try it myself by following what you suggested

Thank you

• 3 months later...

hope this helps

Thats great, makes sense. I will try it myself by following what you suggested

Thank you

is it possibile to share this code with community? :D

• Like 1