tomerg3

[MODULE] Ajax Filter - Ajax based filter using Price, Supplier, Man, Category, Feature, Attribute.

Add an Ajax product filtering option to Homepage / Category / Manufacturer / Supplier / Search / Best Sales / New Products / Specials pages.

No theme modifications needed.

Infinite scroll available for product-list pages. 

Use URLs to pre-select filter options.

Hooks on Left, Right, or Center (new hook) column.

You can filter by Price, Stock, Supplier, Manufacturer, Category, Feature or Attribute.

You can control which filter options will be shows (IE Attribute group / Attribute Values).

You can hide or show the number of matching results, use Strict or Relaxed filter / hide or disable filters with 0 matches, hide / show the filter group name, and group or separate all the filter options.

Tested on Prestashop 1.4, 1.5 & 1.6.x

Available at http://www.presto-ch...ilter.html

Front Office Demo (PrestaShop 1.6, 8,500+ products): http://demo.presto-changeo.com/ajaxfilter (Note: PrestaShop can be slow to load pages with 1000's of product with or without the filter)

Front Office Demo (PrestaShop 1.6, 'Attributes as Products' featured + many filter options): http://demo.presto-changeo.com/ajfaap/3-women

Back Office Demo (Prestashop 1.6, 'Attributes as Products' featured + many filter options + Infinite Scroll)
Email: demo@demo.com
Password: 12demo34

Front Office Demo connected to Back Office Demo above: http://demo.presto-changeo.com/ajfaap/bo/3-women

V1.0.1 includes
* New option to include filter name under images.
* Fix for separated filter groups in backoffice (rare case).
* Fix for Feature index when English is not enabled.
* Fix for high pagination number.
* Fix for delete product hook error (private function).

V1.1 includes
* New option to display filter on the Homepage (http://screencast.com/t/HutGMDn67eT).
* Enable filter only on certain pages.
* Filter method added (Strict / Relaxed).
* Added upgrade notification.
* Fix for add to cart when logged in (static token was missing).
* Fix for product compare (PS 1.4.4).
* Fix for sliders (PS 1.2).

V1.1.1 includes
* Added German translations.
* Ability to enable / disable filter types.
* Fix for Ajax add to cart.
* Filter selections are retained when clicking on a product and going back.
* Fix for ui-slider CSS possible clash with other modules.
* Updated installation instructions.

V1.1.2 includes
* Added option to use on right Hook.
* Fix for category names with numbers in from for sorting (PS < 1.4)
* Fix for enabling attribute / supplier filter (From the previous version).
* More detailed instructions on customizing the filter to match your theme.

V1.1.3 includes
* Improved search speed by removing unused filters from index.
* Improved Attribute indexing speed.
* Added Spanish Translations.
* Added "Very Strict" filter option (product must match all selected filters).
* Fix for manufacturer and supplier empty filter name.
* Fix for themes that are not using Sort-by dropdown.

V1.1.4 Released
* Added filter by stock.
* Fixed a bug for "Tag" searches (filter was not active).
* Fixed a bug with non-price sliders (removed currency sign).

V1.2 Released
* Support for Prestashop 1.5.x
* New Front Office design
* Fix for price filter when using discounts of customer group pricing.
* Price increase

V1.2.1 released

* Fix for attribute names with apostrophes
* Fix for out of stock product message (PS 1.5)
* Added option to sort filter groups and values alphabetically

V1.2.2 released 

* Optimized SQL select for getting MaxTax Rate
* Fix for Indexing Features for speed optimization
* Fix for hiding unavailable dropdown options in IE and Safari
* Optimized Relaxed mode in PrestaShop 1.4 & 1.5 for increased speed and performance

v1.3 released *Major Upgrade*

* Ability to use infinite scroll instead of pagination
* Ability to display of selected filters with an X to remove
* Ability to use a URL to pre-select filters (Using # to indicate selected filters)
* Theme changes no longer needed
* Price increase
See some of the new features in use in this short video: 
http://bit.ly/1e6AoF1

V1.4 released

* Added support for PrestaShop 1.6
* Fixed price filter (with specific pricing or tax)
* Fixed sorting by price
* Fixed disabled product indexing in multistore

V1.5 released

* New price filter index: unprecedented speed and accuracy including discounted / taxed prices
* New option to display 'Attributes as Products' on category pages
* Miscellaneous improvements
*Price increase

V1.5.1 released
* Optimized speed on Search Page
* Fixed price filter issues when hide unavailable filters is used

post-20153-0-87709900-1400731398_thumb.png

post-20153-0-14012700-1400731406_thumb.png

post-20153-0-94112500-1400731414_thumb.png

post-20153-0-75997000-1400731419_thumb.png

post-20153-0-00968400-1429305125_thumb.jpg

post-20153-0-12286600-1429305130_thumb.jpg

post-20153-0-06448100-1429305135_thumb.jpg

Edited by tomerg3 (see edit history)

Tomerg3 does it again with a fantastic new module! :)

Very very nice module tomerg.
I will buy this one after my holiday, this is truly a amazing module.

Congrats with the new module.

Best regards,

ysco..

Thanks, a lot of time was spent on this module, especially on indexing, to make sure it works very fast with large number of products.

Also, in a future release, there will be an option to hook it on the homepage as well, and search the whole site.

Hi Tomer,

Great to see that you have released yet another excellent module.
I do have a few questions which I hope you can address, before I decide to purchase this module.

1) I've played a bit with the different options in your BO demo site and noticed that checkboxes are only allowed for center column display. I'd prefer using the filter function in a side block. Any plans on supporting checkboxes for side block in a future release?

2) I think that adding an 'All' or 'No preference' option to the filters may be useful. Any plans on adding this as well?

3) I have a large pool of features, about a 1000 currently. This is because I find it important to display a comprehensive list of specs in the data sheet of the products I plan to sell (IT hardware). I'm not planning to allow filtering for every feature (just the most important ones) but could this large database of features lead to a potential performance issue?

4) If I'm correct, the current release has no option to display a specific set of filters per (sub)category. Am I right and if so will this be added in a future release?

Thanks in advance.

1) It's currently available (look at the images).
The center column has the option to show more than 1 checkbox per row, side column can only show 1 per row.

2) Maybe.

3) It should work just fine.

4) Correct, it will be available in a future release.

V1.0.1 includes
* New option to include filter name under images.
* Fix for separated filter groups in backoffice (rare case).
* Fix for Feature index when English is not enabled.
* Fix for high pagination number.
* Fix for delete product hook error (private function).

Hello Tomerg

I saw your module and it's really awesome...

I was thinking to get it but i have some questions...

I have inside Home categories like 50 brands and for each brand even 900 models..

For every model there are 5 products (and the products can belongs to more than one model of the same brand..)

do you think that module would work fine?.. Of course i can't let the user see a list of 800 products (they are print models)..

It would be better to make a first search on the 42 brands and then narrow the search inserting the model name... like in an electronic shop...

Is is possible to do such a thing with this module? ()

Thanks, I.

Ivan: I'm not sure I understand, you should be able to place all the product in 1 category, and let the user filter them down.

This is the best filter no normal, best! Configure and main support.I would certainly buy it again.If there were more people like everything would be easier. Ten points from ten.

Hi,

i've bought your module, vers. 1.0.0.

It works perfectly in backend.

It doesn't work on frontend, i see only a blank module, only written "FILTERS".

i'm using prestashop 1.3.7

Please help me, i've attached a screenshot.

Roberto

post-254640-0-56301300-1312625405_thumb.jpg

I already replied to your email about this, it looks like there is a problem with your theme / site, as some Javascript code is placed at the top of the file, and causes jQuery Javascript errors which prevent any other JS code to stop working.

I already replied to your email about this, it looks like there is a problem with your theme / site, as some Javascript code is placed at the top of the file, and causes jQuery Javascript errors which prevent any other JS code to stop working.

Thanks Tomer for your disponibility! +++++++

Your module doesn't work on my site with PHP 5.3.x.

It works fine with 5.2.x PHP version!!

Roberto

I think it was a PHP configuration issue rather than a problem with the module, as it was returning "Error 500" for some of the files.

Either way, I'm glad it's resolved and working now.

hi, have few questions

1. how does it looks like with place the modul in home page, or is it posibble to do this just by editing template file?

2. any free update after buy your module?

3. when i have two filters and pick some in the first one i want options in the second filter with (0) zero products disappeared

1) You can't yet, it will be added to a future version (hopefully within a month).

2) If the price of the module is the same, upgrades are free (see our upgrade policy at http://www.presto-changeo.com/en/content/3-terms-and-conditions-of-use)

3) We are about to release a new version with 2 filter options.

1) Strict - After you apply any filter, any filter option that is not found for of the products will be disabled / hidden (similar to amazon).

2) Relaxed - After you apply a filter, you can still choose other filter options that are not found on the filtered products.

thank you,

and one more, i need save adjustment of filter, cookie should be ok, can you do that in next release?

just need save adjustment of filter because of going to other category. When you change category i want the filter remember its last state.

Sry my english is not so good :)

I can add this to the wish-list for the module.

so I updated your filter module and its remember its state.

And now i need put the compare button under filter, dont you have some tips?

check my progress at http://autoecho.cz

//sry category with products http://autoecho.cz/4-brzdova-desticka

I could not find a category with products....

you can move the place of the filter hook to be wherever you need, or move the compare button to where the hook is located.

sry category with products http://autoecho.cz/4-brzdova-desticka

and about compare button, i didnt find it in prestashop BO how to put that button anywhere, i think i have to edit some theme files, starting with product-sort.tpl from where i have to move {$HOOK_AJAX_PRODUCT_FILTER} somewhere, but i dont know where. I try move it to some other files, but nothing helped, so i think i have to move compare button from file product-compare.tpl

I just try if you have some experience with that, but as i see you never try to move compare button :) nevermind.

//finaly i make it - I put {$HOOK_AJAX_PRODUCT_FILTER} into file category.tpl

{if $products}

{$HOOK_AJAX_PRODUCT_FILTER}

{include file="$tpl_dir./product-compare.tpl"}

//ehm really dont know why, but now compare of products dont work, i try to get original theme and original ajaxfilter, but nothing help, but when i turn off ajaxfilter (by deleting {$HOOK_AJAX_PRODUCT_FILTER}), everything works. Whats that :)

V1.1 includes

* New option to display filter on the Homepage (http://screencast.com/t/HutGMDn67eT).

* Enable filter only on certain pages.

* Filter method added (Strict / Relaxed).

* Added upgrade notification.

* Fix for add to cart when logged in (static token was missing).

* Fix for product compare (PS 1.4.4).

* Fix for sliders (PS 1.2).

Sorry for not being clear. I hope this clears this confusion.

The new Layered Navigation Block 1.4 module offers the ability to build your own filter template that will target specific categories. In the available filters you are able to select Feature catalog tags.

For example, you are currently on a Rim/Tire Webstore and you are on the rim product list page. You are able to click on the 17" Rim Feature to filter only 17" Rims on the product list.

With your module am I able to create a variety of templates, and having the ability to select different features for that particular template?

No, that option is not available yet, but will be added to a future release

http://www.presto-changeo.com/142ajf2/category.php?id_category=6

For this center column demo, is it based on attributes? Suggestion, it would be better if you have the option where when you select a brand/product type that once you click anywhere on the module that it will automatically deselect the selection. This giving the customer ability to faster navigate through the brands rather than having to click back on the brand/product type the customer have selected to re-select another brand/product type.

It's using attribute (color), manufacturer (brands) and category (bra type)

There's a reset button in the module, I don't think that clicking anywhere in the module to deselect makes any sense, not sure what it would do with multiple selections, and would probably create more confusion then help.

With that said, as this is open source, you can customize it to behave any way you want (with some coding knowledge).

Hello,

I am currently working on www.online-shop.ie

I believe that your module would do the job, what I'm looking for is something along the lines of the following:

I am looking for a solution to make searching for a product easier for my customers.

For example, when looking for a laptop, I would love them to be able to choose by price category for example from €0 - €400 and then from €400 - €600 €600 - €1000 €1000 - €1500 €1500 – No maximum price

In memory DDR DDRII DDRII

In Harddrives, Internal HDD External HDD 2.5" HDD 3.5" HDD etc…

Could you please advice if your module would be suitable for my needs and what requirements I need to full fill to be able to use it to the full extent.

Thanks Rathnam

The module does not have a price filter in a drop down, only a slider (drop down option will be added later).

It sounds like the module can do everything else you are asking for, to be sure, you can go to the backend demo we have for this module, and try it yourself (details are in the first post)

Hi Tomerg,

Thanks for the reply, could you please PM me your contact details?

One of my main questions is the difference between "attributes" and "features" as apparently my content is updated on a features based system instead of attributes.

Also do you offer a money back guarantee on a "non suitable" base?

Thanks

Hi,

If you have any questions, use the contact form on our site https://www.presto-changeo.com/en/contact_us

Attributes can be selected by the user for each product (like color), while features are static values you assign (like width or height), both are a part of Prestashop, the module simply uses them for filtering.

Our refund policy is available at http://www.presto-changeo.com/en/content/3-terms-and-conditions-of-use

Sry but what is difference betwen strict and relaxed mode, the option selects are still there. Is that right?

"Strict" updates the counts and disables / enables filter options based on the selection you made (similar to how amazon works).

IE if you choose "Red" in a color filter, other colors (Blue, Green etc...) that are not found on in the resulting products will be disabled, and you will not be able to display both Red and Blue products.

"Relaxed" updates the counts and disables / enables filter options for any filter group that did not have at least option selected.

IE if you choose "Red" in a color filter, you will still be able to choose "Blue", and display Red and Blue products.

Hmmm ok, Iam sory to bothering but i need something different.

I need to hide rows in one filter which are not found in products (there is a zero in brackets).

U can see that at http://autoecho.cz/

there is maybe a way by editing source code, but i dont know where to find. Yes in javascript but what to edit there ...

Oh, Iam so sory, really ok, but its not workin in Opera browser (which I use as a main browser) so now its ok.

Thanks a lot

It looks like Opera is not handling Javascript very well (when it comes to hiding drop down options).

I guess there's a reason why it's one of the least popular browsers ;)

yep opera doesnot work as well, but i like it.

next problem is in internet explorer 9 the rows are not hiding (even in your demo, the hiding tool is through jquery, right? IE9 is bad browser, but more popular then opera).....

and in Chrome when i pick option and then click the second, i can see only one row (in your demo shop with left column its ok, even when i put it to the left column its bad)

blbost.jpg

It looks like IE 9 may have some issues with hiding, we will look into an alternative in the future, for now you can use the disable option.

tomerg3 very good product!

I have already installed it in my shop and using it.

I want to ask you to add one variation in the presentation of the values of a feature.

Right now I have setup most of the features with the checkbox option and I select the columns for each one.

I would like an option to show the values as simple text, without the text box, and without the column format, so that they would wrap at the end of the line and minimizing the empty space between them.

They could be greyd out and when you select one value, then that one could turn black so that you know that it is "active".

That way we wouldn't have to calculate the width of the values of a feature in order to select the number of columns.

e.g.

Feature 1 value 1 (2), value 2 (4), value 3 (1), very big value 4 (7), etc (12).

I believe this wouldn't be difficult to add.

Thanks,

Lefteris

ermis: Glad to hear you like it, we will add your suggestion to the "wish-list" of the module, and hopefully add it to a future version.

V1.1.1 released, it includes

* Added German translations.

* Ability to enable / disable filter types.

* Fix for Ajax add to cart.

* Filter selections are retained when clicking on a product and going back.

* Fix for ui-slider CSS possible clash with other modules.

* Updated installation instructions.

tomerg3,

This looks like the most superior module for filtering, however I have a few questions, before I make my purchase.

Can I first clarify that checkboxes can be used for the filter in the left column.

Can I also confirm with you that this will work with templates that are not Prestashop default.

Will you also add the ext links as stated by ermis as well as the center module.

Chris

1) Yes they can, 1 checkbox per line.

2) Yes, you will have to modify the included tpl files to match those of your theme (there are instruction in the configuration page, and we offer help if needed).

3) We will look into adding the text links to a future release.

I'm not sure what you mean by "center module", the module can be hooked in the center column, and also on the homepage.

Sorry, I was talking about the center column. I am very tired, I have spent all night looking for product filters that match my requirements ;-)

One last question, if I purchase now, will I have access to your future releases? If so, for how long?

Chris

Great module, thanks a lot!

I think that the manufacturers filter shouldn't appear at the manufacturer's page. How could I get it please? Thank you in advance.

Glad you liked it, we will look into adding it to a future release.

Thank you for your answer. Is there a quick fix I could add in order to remove the manufacturer's filter at the manufacturer's page? Thank you in advance.

We do not have a quick fix for it, we will look into to it for a future release (the wish-list for the module is very long).

If you must have it sooner, contact us from our site and we'll send you a quote for it.

V1.1.2 includes

* Added option to use on right Hook.

* Fix for category names with numbers in from for sorting (PS < 1.4)

* Fix for enabling attribute / supplier filter (From the previous version).

* More detailed instructions on customizing the filter to match your theme.

Please use the contact form on our site to report issues.

This is the first time I hear you're having this issue since we helped you resolve it last month.

I'm very interested in this module but I have a question, does it possible to enable some features filter in a category and other features filter in a other category ? I mean if you enable per example the filter for the width feature, the filter will be displayed on every categories or I can choose on which category I would like to display it ??!

The module currently lets you select which filter options to use site wise, however, the module will only show filter options that are used in products in a certain category.

For example, if you have an iPod and Laptop categories, if no Laptop has a headphone feature (and iPod do), you will only see the headphone filter option in the iPod category, and not in the Laptop.

We plan on adding the ability to select which filters will be shown in each page in a future version.

• Like 1

V1.1.3 includes

* Improved search speed by removing unused filters from index.

* Improved Attribute indexing speed.

* Added Spanish Translations.

* Added "Very Strict" filter option (product must match all selected filters).

* Fix for manufacturer and supplier empty filter name.

* Fix for themes that are not using Sort-by dropdown.

I'm confused. why one product is shown several times when in fact is one. demo is very simple and does not show what the module does. filtration can be done gradually? Select a filter and second filter to show me only the options related to the previous filter. This module do that? how the total module can be tested by setting the BO to observe changes in FO. testing what now offer you something predefined and does not show changes made ​​by me. I am interested about the module, but I have great reservations about how it works

We duplicated a single module to show the pagination option, this is simply a demo site.

The module has 3 different filter methods, "Relaxed", "Strict" and "Very Strict".

If you use "Very Strict" then you will only see products that match all the filters that are selected (which is what you were asking for).

We have a demo site for the backoffice, which will reflect any changed you make in the front office.

If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us using https://www.presto-changeo.com/en/contact_us or live chat on our site.

Hi, recently purchased your module and it works great. I only have one issue though, because I have certain links in my navigation bar that require searches as the url, but since this is an ajax filter, I don't know how to make this work. Like for example I sell books and I have the author's name as an attribute, now I want my customers to be able to click on an authors name and all his works will show. So this would be similar to having an ajax search and then just filtering the authors name as one of the filters. How can I make this happen as a url link? thanks.

The module does not have this option yet, we may add it to a future released based on demand.

If you need it sooner, you can contact us about adding it as a custom job.

excellent, I'm very close to purchasing this module for my site. If I purchase this module I would be installing it in 1.3.7. Should anything weird happen, would you be able to support me?

We offer free installation support for all our modules.

The left column demo also has a backend demo, and someone turned off the module :)

I just restored it.

Hi tomerg

If I purchased the module you it be possible for you to add a loading image and fade the background when a filter is selected ?

We could do that as a paid job, but it's not included with our free support.

Hi - just one more question. I was showing my colleague and one of his concerns was the filter seems to be quite slow than the other module "live filter pro" however your functionality is better. Is there any way it could be speed up ?

forgot to mention, we have over 5000 products.

The module works quite fast, it took about 1-2 seconds when tested with 10,000 products.

While we always look to improve our modules, we do not have any near future plans to work on the speed.

ok, I'm running 1.3.7. We've decided to buy it. I'm going to head over to the presto store and grab it now :)

chat soon.

OK, I bought the module and have implemented.

I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW FREGEN GOOD THIS IS ! I'm so glad we decided to go with your module than the rest.

That website you've got up for people to test the module with doesn't do it justice, it's running on my laptop in lighting speed. I'm still working my way through your code.. btw. so far nicely done.

I'd recommend this module to anyone who wants a ripper filtering capability. :)

tomerg

just a quick one, if I want to change what the check boxes look like for example remove the shadow and just have plain boxes for put an image there instead of the default, how do I do this in the CSS this ur mod ?

You Should use firebug for firefox, it will let you see exactly where the css code for element is defined, you can then change it there, or override it from the css file of the module.

Hi Tomo

Not sure whether this is a bug but whenever I place a colour attribute against picture and save it try to filter on that attribute it always brings up the default cover picture, not the actual picture against the attribute.

For example, I upload two handbags images, black and red. I choose black as the cover image. I have created two colour combinations. Black and red. When I search for the red colour which is a combination against the red handbag picture only the cover is displayed not the red handbags picture. I would of thought the red handbags picture would be displayed not the black handbag picture (which is the cover) as this wouldn’t make sense to the customer.

Is there a fix for this?

Hi Tom. I dont have a hosting plan yet, only have bought a domain and working on the local desktop planing to go live in 1 week so this is really important.

GOing through the DB module I can see there is a filter:

LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'image` i ON (i.`id_product` = p.`id_product` AND i.`cover` = 1)

Indicating it will only ever pick up the cover image. I can hack it, but it there a way you could give me some pointers on how to fix it properly?

Hi tomo, is it possible when you click a filter checkbox that the page doesn't take the user to the top of the page ?

Once again, see my previous message....

Send us a contact message with a link to your site so we could see what you are referring to exactly.

V1.1.4 Released

* Added filter by stock.

* Fixed a bug for "Tag" searches (filter was not active).

* Fixed a bug with non-price sliders (removed currency sign).

I've got it up and running, excellent module tomo. You see can it up and running here at handbags n things:

click any category.