Operating System

I use centos on my server, but really it doesn't matter as much as you would think. It all really depends on your need I guess. Are you trying to run it locally? Are you trying out hosting packages? Or are you trying to get a dedicated server?

Guest presta-modules-addons.com

I suggest you use CentOs, because I also use!

Very powerful and very user-friendly!

• 3 years later...

I see OVH suggest "Debian OS" for Prestashop and i don't know what's the reason about that?! I'm using CentOS around 5 years with Preastashop and i think every thing was good till now.

It will be great if you explain why you suggest others OS like Ubuntu or Debian. What's the points or what's the differences?

Regards

Edited by Dadash Ali (see edit history)

• 2 years later...

I use centos on my server, but really it doesn't matter as much as you would think. It all really depends on your need I guess. Are you trying to run it locally? Are you trying out hosting packages? Or are you trying to get a dedicated server?

Dear Dh42, may i know what version of CentOS? I try centOS 6 and the installation can't even start and tell error 5 can't handle request, I tried CentOS 7 after, the installation stop at 67% at module install. Do you have any idea what is the problem? Thank you in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have used both ubuntu and centos with xampp on ubuntu package and nginx , mysql separate installation. 

I feel ubuntu installation  and configuration easy because of large community support from forum and many articles on google if any technical problem comes in installation and configuration.

Centos is good option as well as my web hosting provider hostgator use it.