Good web hosting to recommend?

Johnrabom

I am using prestashop in bluehost and it is very slow loading speed, i have done a lot of jobs to optimize the database and even only host one site on it(it said we can load unlimited sites!!!), but still slow( need 10-20seconds to open the page). I think it is too bad and bluehost have very bad support, it is sucks. they only tell you you are down and never give you reason and cut your live chat as they like, so is there anyone have a better web hosting to recommend? How is hostgator( Many guys said it is good but the price is similar as bluehost, will it be better?) I hope our speed is around 1-3 seconds, it is my expectation. thanks.

Hi Johnrabom,

I use JaguarPc and I must say they are really good to me and their support is awesome. My site isn't live yet but I can tell you this I have a fairly large site and when I open it up to check it for a review it's within your speed. All pages are fast when I click on them.

Atleast check it out http://www.jaguarpc.com/

I would recommend calling and talking with them before you make a decision and discuss with them what you're looking for that way you can base that on your own.

I am just offering you my personal preference only and not advising you to buy this product

Edited by clayton29657 (see edit history)

Hi Johnrabom,

I use JaguarPc and I must say they are really good to me and their support is awesome. My site isn't live yet but I can tell you this I have a fairly large site and when I open it up to check it for a review it's within your speed. All pages are fast when I click on them.

Atleast check it out http://www.jaguarpc.com/

I would recommend calling and talking with them before you make a decision and discuss with them what you're looking for that way you can base that on your own.

I am just offering you my personal preference only and not advising you to buy this product

Thanks for your recommend clayton,

Our sites have need to host a lot of image to show product, can.jaguarpc afford? And could you tell me how many seconds you need to open your large site?(can be less than 3 seconds?) and are you using their web hosting?(if use the dedicated, it will cost much more). Thanks for your info.

By the way, there are many guys said need to run well prestashop at least in VPS configuration, so there is not a web hosting to run it well? ( i can run zencart well in bluehost, but prestashop can not, it frustrate me a lot)

Yes my site open in less than 3 seconds. The dedicated servers they offer there's 3 different packages depending on your current needs that's why I asked you call them. I believe their dedicated servers start at like 189. a month to 329 a month depending on your package and they have tons of add-on's you can add at a later time such as they will manage your server also.

Just remember it also depends on how your site in configured to help the speed so you may want to ask them when you talk to them. I can not tell you for sure that your site will run the same as mine seeing that it's 2 totally different sites and configured probably different so keep that in mind also.

Please give them a call or use their 24/7 live chat line. They are always there and quick to reply to all your questions you've. I do know that I am very please the way they have treated me. If I ever have an issue they will check on it for me and if they find something either they will fix it or explain how to fix it.

Edited by clayton29657 (see edit history)

I use hostgator for a year. We have 25000 users and 17000/20000 visits x month, and never have a problem. The support is great, any time, any day. Real 365.

The control panel is complete, and price is good (10 dls x month)

I use hostgator for a year. We have 25000 users and 17000/20000 visits x month, and never have a problem. The support is great, any time, any day. Real 365.

The control panel is complete, and price is good (10 dls x month)

Hello, how about your website? I feel prestashop is too slow to run, I am running it in bluehost and always need to load the home page more than 5seconds, sometime need 10-20seconds, it said database query slow. I tried to solve this with many methods but still can not run well..if it is a bug of prestashop?

that's a pretty big stretch to assume the site is slow because of the old connection information in the database. i don't necessarily disagree, it becomes a problem when allowed to grow, but you should probably ask them first to confirm.

@Johnrabom: I offer private hosting to my prestashop clients, and have extended an offer to you via PM, but never heard back. Are you still interested?

This is true cleaning it excellent practice. You will improve the display performances of your webtore as well as user experience by deleting statistics that have become unnecessary by freeing space on your server. It's like giving your server a new youth :-) Terminator can help you do this and achieve greater performances.

I'd suggest Vidahost (link removed). I'm currently using it for my website, and so far it's superfast even with the basic package. Another site useing it is www.totallybike.com. It has lots of products, and you can see how fast it is (again, cheapest package!).

Cheers!

Edited by Mike Kranzler
Affiliate links are not permitted (see edit history)

again, you are assuming this store has a lot of visitors and that these connection tables have grown out of proportion. there are many other forum posts that show other issues exist, and simply clearing old connection information, while having a positive effect, may not be the issue.

• 2 months later...

I'd suggest Vidahost (link removed). I'm currently using it for my website, and so far it's superfast even with the basic package. Another site useing it is www.totallybike.com. It has lots of products, and you can see how fast it is (again, cheapest package!).

Cheers!

Vidahost has no 24x7 chat support. Better to avoid such hosting companies.

• 3 months later...

I am using prestashop in bluehost and it is very slow loading speed, i have done a lot of jobs to optimize the database and even only host one site on it(it said we can load unlimited sites!!!), but still slow( need 10-20seconds to open the page). I think it is too bad and bluehost have very bad support, it is sucks. they only tell you you are down and never give you reason and cut your live chat as they like, so is there anyone have a better web hosting to recommend? How is hostgator( Many guys said it is good but the price is similar as bluehost, will it be better?) I hope our speed is around 1-3 seconds, it is my expectation. thanks.

Sorry i don't have experience in Hostgator .If you need cheap and reliable web hosting provider

i would suggest that 9cubehosting.com is good and trustable because i hosted my web there.They provide you hosing in Linux at low cost.Some of the key features of their plans are

* Unlimited diskspace

* Unlimited monthly traffic

* 99.9% Service Uptime Guarantee

* 24/7 Customer Support etc.....

Regarding more information you can view that site.

When it comes to hosts I would recommend www.Carpathiahost.net , We're using them from like 10 years already , from minor, satellite projects till mammoth ones, with several 100k visitors.

Anyway before you go on changing your server, at least send me your URL, as 99% of the cases the server is not faulty for this slow speed.

Reasons for it could be :

1. Wrongly made template (90% of the presta templates are a total mass(personal idea), they use inner-line CSS, they are not cut in a professional way, using like 2 billion requests in order to use only 1 images, and leave the rest for the CSS. Each request eats a lot out from your speed)

2. Module like a slider, what hasn't been optimized well - all your slider images are like 600Kb (and you have like 4 ) , huge mistake, all images needs to be web-optimized (frequent presta setup problem, images uploaded in png, and than used as a jpg )

3. 3d party modules - they add, each a new css, a new js etc...(it just makes me cry when I see project full with bought 3d party modules written in a beginner style, where elements a missing , creating 404 requests, and using a different css than the global one + not well written JS(usually copied))

Send me a URL, and I'm willing to tell you at least if you need a different host or not. A location of your business would be nice also, in order to choose a test server from the same country ;)

There are some other parts, that could be the reason for it, but if I'm telling you " I'll need to ....you :)" - just kidding.

Drop me a pm, and I'll see how fast I can make the checking.

all the best

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry i don't have experience in Hostgator .If you need cheap and reliable web hosting provider

i would suggest that 9cubehosting.com is good and trustable because i hosted my web there.They provide you hosing in Linux at low cost.Some of the key features of their plans are

* Unlimited diskspace

* Unlimited monthly traffic

* 99.9% Service Uptime Guarantee

* 24/7 Customer Support etc.....

Regarding more information you can view that site.

There is no such:

• Unlimited diskspace
  • Unlimited monthly traffic

If your site has plenty of content and heavy traffic they will not keep you as a customer.

• 1 month later...
But dont you think 24x7 chat support is must for our kind of online business??

it's about 3hours that my whole account is down

(with 4 sites on it...)

Really I think reliabilty is more important than support;

you need to have good support but usually when I need support it's when something is going wrong on the server...

(so it's better not having problems ..)

I choose to go with a major Provider(one of those 24/7 always chat support+phone+ticket which offers unlimeted everything .... .) thinking that many issues could be avoided,

don't believe in the ones that offer unlimited.....that doesn't exist...

maybe it's true that it's cheap,

but those who have gone through a situation like mine can assure you it's better spending a little bit more,

I hope googlebot doesn't notice what's happening...

from my experience I can suggest to never choose the cheapest,

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

There's no hosting that provide unlimited traffic/bandwidth. You will be informed when your site's traffic/bandwidth exceed their limit. That's what I got with so-called Unlimited hosting

Better to choose a hosting that shows exactly the resources they provide to you