PayPal and Google Checkout within 1.5 RC1

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for using PrestaShop and trying out version 1.5. I know that many of you have asked questions in regards to the integration of PayPal and Google Checkout, and I would like to clarify some common questions that we've received.

PrestaShop is an open-source and free e-commerce solution, and our goal is to provide the best solution to help our merchants and community to be successful online. Everyday, we are hard at work, exploring innovative concepts, and developing new features for our community and our merchants.

Version 1.5 RC is not a stable version of PrestaShop but rather a release candidate and should not be used in a live environment. At the moment, Version 1.4.8.2 of PrestaShop, the latest stable release, continues to include both of these modules as you have seen in the past.

For those of you that need PayPal or Google checkout for your live store, please download the latest version of the stable software which includes both modules (1.4.8.2).

As far as version 1.5 RC1, please bear with us, as we are continuing to improve the application. We are working very closely with PayPal to create a strong synergy within the PrestaShop software.

Please feel free to PM me with any questions or if you need more info, or would just like to say Hi!

Matt

• Like 2

Hi Matt, pleased to meet you!

I'm testing PayPal in 1.5RC (sandbox), and I realized that the BlockTopMenu when I'm going to validate the PayPal payment (still in Prestashop enviroment) loses its css apperance (after selecting PayPal way of payment).

Do you know how to fix it?

Thanks

Daniel / Saryus

Edited by Saryus (see edit history)

Hi Daniel,

As Matt posted above, there is not currently a full PayPal module in the RC, so the version you are using will not be compatible with your system at the moment.

If you would like to already be accepting payments, please use PrestaShop's latest final release, version 1.4.8.2. The 1.5 RC is not yet meant to be used on a live shop.

-Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Daniel / Saryus,

I got some troubles when installing Paypal too (troubles with both blocktopmenu & homeslider). I opened tickets for this on the bugtracker but I found some correction for them.

Can you please look at my post on this: http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PNM-392

I hope it will help you,

Best regards

Helgvor STOLL

www.helgvor-stoll.com

• 1 month later...

Any idea when Paypal is coming for 1.5.0.17?

Many thanks ..

As above, it would be good to know when to expect paypal support as they are one of our main PSP's

EDIT:

Just been browsing the add-ons and seen that the Paypal module has been up-dated to a newer version than the one we are running on another 1.4 website, It also shows compatability with 1.5

Is this correct or has this been shown as compatable in error?

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/payments-gateways-prestashop-modules/1748-paypal.html

Edited by Ste00 (see edit history)

Hi, I did just that. Uninstalled it, deleted it all together, then reinstalled the PayPal module, but when it is all configured and I try a test order the module produces a 500 Internal Error (when clicked).

Anyone else has had this issues ?

solution ?

I reinstalled the Cart module and the Paypal module. At first both appeared to be working. Then A NEW customer attempted to use Paypal and produced this error:PayPal response:

• TIMESTAMP -> 2012-09-24T16:02:22Z
  • L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10002
  • L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Security error
  • L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> Security header is not valid
  • L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

I attempted to by as buy as an existing customer and the Shipping and payment options do not load. Refreshed and they loaded but Categories disappeared so I can not buy any product.

Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Please please please can I get some assistance with google checkout?

The module is taking me to payment.php with this error:

Cannot access protected property GCheckout::$context in /public_html/modules/gcheckout/payment.php on line 38

I'm using prestashop 1.5.1 - with the prestashop_new theme...and gcheckout version 1.2

If anyone else out there has the same problem or knows how to fix this...I'd appreciate your help super mucho bigly. :)

Will keep the thread posted if I do make any progress...

Thanks

Edited by Arkadia (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Arkadia, I have the same problem with you with the google checkout module.

I don't know why but this module is no longer available in prestashop, i'm gonna try Magento to see if it's available.

Thanks

Hi James,

Did you ever find a solution to the google checkout problem? I'm desperate for a solution. It's extremely urgent. If you have any suggestions or an alternative please let me know.

Edited by Arkadia (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

So what is the latest on this issue?

Have the google checkout and paypal issues been resolved for Prestashop 1.5.2.0?

without out these payment modules i dont see how Prestashop is usable to the average merchant

I have prestashop installed and i see the paypal module and google checkout module but before i start building, customizing and styling my store i want to know for certain if Prestashop will function with google checkout and paypal.

Also how does the transition from google checkout to google wallet affect prestashop google checkout module?

Please give us an update

thanks.