Moving Prestashop to new vps

Hi,

Hoping someone can help, bit stuck!

I've decided to move my hosting from shared hosting to a vps. I've never used a vps before its running plesk panel.

I've followed this guide http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS14/System+Administrator+Guide#SystemAdministratorGuide-MovingPrestaShop

I currently have the shop running on a live site and was hoping to make a copy of it, put it on another spare domain name i have then switch domains.

I've copied the hosting files from the live site to my local disk and uploaded to a new domain folder i created on the plesk vps.

I exported the database from the phpMyAdmin of the live site. Created a new database in Plesk (not sure how its linked to which domain, perhaps thats the issue?) gave it the same name as the existing db, same username and pwd.

I then updated settings.inc.php with the new settings and updated the "PS_SHOP_DOMAIN" and "PS_SHOP_DOMAIN_SSL" rows in the "ps_configuration" SQL table.

The result is i cant get anything to show when i go to the duplicate shop's url, or its BO login page. Just a blank page.

If someone could help, it would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

Thanks Carl,

Will try that shortly. I dont think i had the vps setup correctly.

So i'm creating a webspace this time and it looks like the database will be assigned to that.

Fingers crossed, i'll let you know how i get on.

Thanks.

Thanks Carl,

Will try that shortly. I dont think i had the vps setup correctly.

So i'm creating a webspace this time and it looks like the database will be assigned to that.

Fingers crossed, i'll let you know how i get on.

Thanks.

Hi Carl

I'm not sure where you turn that debug setting on?

Can you detail how to do it?

THanks.

Hi Paul,

Did you turn on debug mode to see any error messages?

/* Debug only */

@ini_set('display_errors', 'off');

define('_PS_DEBUG_SQL_', false);

change to 'on' and you should see error messages.

Ok got the debug working.

when i go to the shops url i get:-

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function mcrypt_encrypt() in /var/www/vhosts/bbqsrus.co.uk/httpdocs/classes/Rijndael.php on line 46"

Its the same when i try to access the back office folder as well.

Perhaps this is to do with the settings in settings.inc.php

"define('_RIJNDAEL_KEY_', 'c4nENBOHQ1GOWxkVY2Ed80zETnr3E6Ru');

define('_RIJNDAEL_IV_', 'WsOjIk08tDVTWtfK5fpUjg==');

define('_PS_VERSION_', '1.4.7.0');"

Thanks for the quick reply.

Sorry i dont know how to modify php.ini on the VPS hosting. I've mentioned it to my hosting company but that could take a while!

Welcome to the world of VPS where you are basically running your own private server in a virtual dedicated environment. You should prepare yourself for learning all sorts of new things.

Start by getting the putty application and shell 'root' access to your server.

Then you will need to find your php.ini (see phpinfo) or use command php -i | grep php.ini

then use the linux vi or vim commands to edit the php.ini.

some server configurations do not support the use of mcrypt (ie... centos with php5.3 64 bit). you just need to trust me on this.

I suspect that is the issue, since you stated you have a plesk install, you probably have a very similar setup as me.

In the meantime, you can get past the issue by changing the cookie encryption to the custom blowfish class. This is typically changed in the back office, but you cannot log into the back office :)

So you will need to use phpmyadmin to change the value directly in the database.

Open phpmyadmin, select the correct database, and then select the "SQL" menu option.

Enter the following query in the text box and then click go.

UPDATE `ps_configuration` SET `value` = '0' WHERE `ps_configuration`.`name` ="PS_CIPHER_ALGORITHM";

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

some server configurations do not support the use of mcrypt (ie... centos with php5.3 64 bit). you just need to trust me on this.

ahahahahahah really? don't do it! it's not true...noway! Your PS will become slowcoach! :lol:

only be sure to have something like this on the phpinfo

mcrypt.jpg

if you're on linux (eg centos) and don't see that you have to install php-mcrypt and (if don't see that yet) then insert into php.ini the following

extension=mcrypt.so

making sure that the dynamic library is loaded as usual without any error.

:D