Unable To Login To Admin Page After Installation V1.4.6.2

Hi, I need some help to solve this. After I use 'simple script' to install prestashop v1.4.6.2, a pop-up icon shows something like "delete some install folder and rename the admin folder/file" if i not wrong but I accidentally close the pop-up. And now, I can't login to admin page. Can someone tells me which files/folder to delete and folder to rename? Thanks in advance!

Hi bellini13, thanks for replied. However I still can't get it works out. I've deleted "Installer_disabled" folder and rename "administrator" folder but nothing seem to work. Instead I got an error after I've renamed "administrator" folder. :(

what is the error you get "Instead I got an error after I've renamed "administrator" folder."

make sure to clear your browser cache...

Hi bellini13, thanks for replied. However I still can't get it works out. I've deleted "Installer_disabled" folder and rename "administrator" folder but nothing seem to work. Instead I got an error after I've renamed "administrator" folder. :(

Hi Sylvester,

There shouldn't be any folder called "Installer_disabled" on a new installation. It should be titled "install." The same goes for the other one, which is titled "admin" by default. Once you've changed the name of the admin folder "admin123," for example. Please try navigating to www.yoursite.com/admin123 instead of www.yoursite.com/admin.

Even once you've changed the admin directory, if you are still on that confirmation page with links to your front and back offices, the back office link will still be routed to www.yoursite.com/admin, which is no longer available. But by going to the /admin123 directory, you should have no issues accessing your control panel.

I hope this helps.

-Mike

did you install prestashop, or was it install by your hosting company or via script? i suspect "simple script" means it was scripted by your host and that script renames the folders appropriately.

have you tried using IE or Firefox to see if the issue is related to Chrome?

can you PM me the url of your front office and back office so I can see what is going on?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

hi! I still have problem, permanent redirection to this page:

http://vipamoda.ar/a...irect=index.php (shop is intalled on local machine, so link is not working for you)

this is configuration of my local server: http://gabdi.anivers.ru/phpinfo.htm — it's a standart xampp-win32-1.7.7-VC9-installer

i have Win 7 x64, Chrome 18.0.1025.168 (i'm try to clear all browser's cache, using private mode and also using Google Chrome Canary — no positive results...)

prestashop 1.4.7.3 (full mode)

and very intrested moment, it's absolutely no problems on ALL other browsers!! A have tested it on last versions of FireFox, Safari, Opera, IE. Just only with Chome I have a problems... Instruction above by jhonzz007#11 do not works :(

And proxy is off.

please, help!

Edited by argimko (see edit history)