Prestashop 1.4.6.1

Hi All,

There are a new version of prestashop, and I still have my website under construction.

The thing is, this is the 2nd release in 1 or 2 month, first the 1.4.5.1 and now the 1.4.6.1 but I had many costumizations and modifications.

My question is: What's new on this version?

Can we just upload manually the files by FTP without lose any costumization already made?

I can't find on the prestashop site the new features or files released, does any one knows?

I want to stay update but I don't wanna mess up what I made until now with so hard work.

Thanks

Yes that's my problem too because at this rate, I do not know if it's worth anything because now I update to 1.4.6.1 but in 1 month they release the version 1.5 .. etc etc

If there is a way to update without losing customizations, that would be perfect.

As I am inexperienced, first time I tried to make one. Htaccess file in store to be possible the friendly url I messed it all.

Now I am afraid to update something and change files that I do not know how to repair without having to format all over again.

Thanks for the changelog Emobex,

Cheers

Just be careful when upgrading. There's always a changelog so you can see what's added, improved or fixed.

Test before doing an actual upgrade - just duplicate the DB and the files at a subdomain, backup them, perform the upgrade and test the results.

If you've changed core files, just keep somewhere the changes that you've performed and after the upgrade add them to their corresponding places.

PrestaShop 1.5 has a lot of programming design changes, so it's very important to make a test upgrade. Note that in 1.5 Smarty 2 is not available, so there may be a lot of problem with 1.4 templates that use Smarty 2. And wait for a stable 1.5 release, before even thinking for upgrade. I usually do not recommend to my clients to upgrade to every new version that's released if there's no feature or bugfix that they are interested in.

• Like 1

I think there was sufficient bug fixes to warrant the upgrade.

Also used the auto updater and all went smoothly on my localhost (Wampserver) test site.

Now I'll do my other sites.

For some reason I am unable to get the auto-updater module to display the upgrade option in the tools tab, which is weird seeing as I used it to update to 1.4.5.1.

If there is a way to update without losing customizations, that would be perfect.

Why would upgrading remove customisations? The whole point of the override system, translations tools and custom themes is to enable easy upgrading of the software without losing customisations. If you are not using these tools that are being created for this purpose what's the point of having them?

For some reason I am unable to get the auto-updater module to display the upgrade option in the tools tab, which is weird seeing as I used it to update to 1.4.5.1.

Hi,

Which version of the updater are you using?

On my localhost I had autoupdater V1.0 installed and it upgraded flawlessly.

Then I noticed there was an autoupdater V2.2 available, so I downloaded that. I have tried installing it on two other V1.4.4.0 sites and it will not install, I just get the The following module(s) were not installed successfully: error.

If you are now using autoupdater V2.2 maybe there's an issue with it.

I'm only just getting what you mean. Got my stupid head on tonight.

I had the upgrade tab on there right from when I first installed. Although on one of my sites it's located under Languages for some reason (position wise, not inside Languages of course).

I just took the old version of autouploader which is actually V0.1 from my localhost (Wampserver) on to a hosted V1.4.4.0 site and this will not install either.

I'm now thinking it can only be installed on 1.4.4.4 or above. This seems to ring a bell in my dizzy 3:25 am head.

post-202354-0-84356200-1322221198_thumb.pngThis is really unfortunate that something that once worked in 1.4 is now broken. I am trying to go from 1.4.4.1 to 1.4.6

Only after changing the them to the Prestashop theme would the v0.2.2 autoupgrade module install. The module thinks my shop is up to date, and will not let me run the updater. I will wait for the fix.

Finally, after having a lot of problems with products images and import tool, it seems working on 1.4.6.2 (yes, there is today a minor update).

I updated from 1.3.5 and everything went ok, but i must check a lot of things...

By the way, PS update tools doesn't work properly.

I have upgraded manually, when I tried to update from 1.4.5.1 I got the message "I'm waiting for your command, sir" and the update didn't run.

All works nice after upgrade but in the Upgrade tab I see this message in "PrestaShop original version": [TECHNICAL ERROR] Unable to check md5 files

Hi,

I try to use autoupgrader but didn't worlk as well,

I upload the files manually by FTP, the ones that show on the autoupgrade module in red (core files) but I think my shop is the same, and on backoffice the new version is not recognized either.

I'll wait for better solution.

I had previously used autoupgrade from 1.4.4.1 to 1.4.5.1 but when 1.4.6.2 was available, it did not have the upgrade link in the autoupgrade module, even though an upgrade was shown as needed. I had to replace the contents of the modules/autoupgrade folder on my 1.4.5.1 installation with the contents from the SVN folder. Once I did this, I was able to autoupgrade from 1.4.5.1 to 1.4.6.2 with no problems.

ps - update: I updated two shops (hosted on different servers) from 1.4.5.1 using autoupgrade. The one above required the SVN files to update. The other shop upgraded just fine.

The two upgraded shops now display in the autoupgrade tab as follows (I annotated red highlight):

--------------shop # 1 that used SVN files for upgrade---------------------------------------------

PrestaShop Original version : warning.gif [TECHNICAL ERROR] Unable to check files

Your current prestashop version : 1.4.6.2

Last version is 1.4.6.2 final (1.4.6.2)

Your shop is already up to date.

last datetime check : 2011-11-27 18:04:05

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------shop # 2 that used 1.4.5.1 files for upgrade---------------------------------------------

PrestaShop Original version : warning.gif Core files are ok See or hide the list

last datetime check : 2011-11-27 17:09:57

Can anyone explain in detail on how to upgrade?

I'm using v1.4.5.1 and having autoupgrade module v0.1

When i upgrade do i need to update the autoupgrade module if yes where can i download it and update it?

I see lots of people having trouble to upgrade even with the latest autoupgrade module plus using prestashopv.4.5.1 is it true?

Can anyone show step by step like last time when we want to upgrade from v1.4.4.1 to 1.4.5.1?

Or do i have to wait for 1 to 2 weeks first before upgrade since there is alot of problem here that haven't solve?

Hi goodboy88,

You can find a howto for autoupgrade module here :

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/136668-1451-upgrade-guide/

You can also find in this topic the latest version of autoupgrade.

@all, We are looking into the autoupgrade module to fix as quickly as possible the issues you may encounter.

Meanwhile you can always do a manual install.

[....]

The two upgraded shops now display in the autoupgrade tab as follows (I annotated red highlight):

--------------shop # 1 that used SVN files for upgrade---------------------------------------------

PrestaShop Original version : warning.gif [TECHNICAL ERROR] Unable to check md5 files

last datetime check : 2011-11-27 18:04:05

[.....]

That's my problem, but I used the official release, not svn.

Hi goodboy88,

You can find a howto for autoupgrade module here :

http://www.prestasho...-upgrade-guide/

You can also find in this topic the latest version of autoupgrade.

@all, We are looking into the autoupgrade module to fix as quickly as possible the issues you may encounter.

Meanwhile you can always do a manual install.

Hi Carl Fayre,

Thanks i saw it already at the bottom it stated module updated as at 22nd November.

I prefer to autoupgrade because it consume very less time which is around 10 minutes compare with manual upgrade which is around 6 hours.

In the mean time i will defer to upgrade it since the autoupgrade not working at all as comment by other user.

By the way Is it prestashop v1.5 going to release in within this week is end of Nov already?