500 Internal Server Error on main shop page.....help!

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody could help me out... I am new to using prestashop and when I try to view the main page of my shop I receive a "500 internal server error" message.

Is it a case of file permissions? Something to do with the .htaccess file? The php.ini settings? by the way I should mention that I am using ipage to host prestashop!

I know this question has probably been asked loads of times, I'm sorry, but if anyone could help it would be fantastic!

Thanks

Adam

Mike is right. most cases internal 500 server error is related to hosting configuration.

But some times, PrestaShop also causes 500 Internal server error. It could be caused by some 3rd party modules.

if you know it happen on what page, try to add following code at the top of your page to see if it display the message.

die("This is test break");

After that, run the page again, If you can see "This is test break", then it means the error is inside PrestaShop.

Then you move this a few lines forward to the same to identify the location of the problem.

This is just tell you a technique on how to identify/locate the problem.

• Like 1

I am having the same problem and i do not know how to solve it. here is the message i get:

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

The script had an error or it did not produce any output. If there was an error, you should be able to see it in the error log.

I was adding a product and i try to see how it looks and i get the above.

any help. www.zangor.com

Mike is right. most cases internal 500 server error is related to hosting configuration.

But some times, PrestaShop also causes 500 Internal server error. It could be caused by some 3rd party modules.

if you know it happen on what page, try to add following code at the top of your page to see if it display the message.

After that, run the page again, If you can see "This is test break", then it means the error is inside PrestaShop.

Then you move this a few lines forward to the same to identify the location of the problem.

This is just tell you a technique on how to identify/locate the problem.

i try and i can see that line you mention. i move it at the end and i am not able to see it anymore. what shall i do?

<?php

/**

* Grabs blog pages from Weebly or gives 404 message

**/

$ch = curl_init();

$nTimeout = 20;

//$sUrl = "http://www.dragndropbuilder.com/weebly/apps/404/404.php";

$sUrl = "http://www.zangor.com/p/";

$aryPost = array();

$aryPost['REQUEST_URI'] = $_ENV[ 'HTTP_X_REWRITE_URL' ] ? $_ENV[ 'HTTP_X_REWRITE_URL' ] :

($_SERVER[ 'HTTP_X_REWRITE_URL' ] ? $_SERVER[ 'HTTP_X_REWRITE_URL' ] : $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']);

$aryPost['HTTP_HOST'] = $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'];

//$aryPost['user_id'] = file_get_contents( 'userid.txt' );

curl_setopt( $ch, CURLOPT_URL, $sUrl );

curl_setopt( $ch, CURLOPT_POST, true );

curl_setopt( $ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $aryPost );

curl_setopt( $ch, CURLOPT_USERAGENT, 'WEEBLY/1.0' );

curl_setopt( $ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true );

curl_setopt( $ch, CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT, $nTimeout );

$sContents = curl_exec($ch);

curl_close($ch);

if( strpos( $sContents, "Error 404" ) === false )

{

header("Status: 200 OK", true, 200);

}

until here it shows your message

print $sContents;

here is giving me the error

?>

what shall i test next?

thanks