Maintenance of the forums

ttoine

Dear PrestaShop forums members,

On Tuesday morning, the forums will be in maintenance, and so, it might  be very slow or not available during a moment.

On the schedule:

• Upgrade to the latest version of the forum engine, Invision Community, from version 4.2.9 to 4.3.6
  • Back to default theme, with just a few colors changes and the logo in order to match the current prestashop.com website; default Invision Community theme will also be available; the aim is to provide the best user experience with the forums
  • The theme is compatible with mobile devices
  • More account settings will be editable, including the email; it was asked for a long time ago
  • The upgrade come with new features with the forums engine, including a new rules editor; this will help to fight spam

Please have a look at the screenshots below, taken on our integration and testing server:

Forums - PrestaShop - Google Chrome_096.png

Settings - PrestaShop - Google Chrome_105.png

Screenshot_20181102-125337.png  Screenshot_20181102-125548.png

This upgrade has been prepared with great care and discussed with moderators, in order to take in account important feedback.

At the PrestaShop company, we really hope this will be appreciated by the forums members :-)

This discussion is open, feel free to comment.

• Like 6

:D Tuesday morning is over and nothing happened. The Prestashop team is really the uncrowned master at arousing great expectations and then delivering nothing - at least never at the announced time. Anyway... maybe I ought to be careful with such statements, because politeness seems to have the highest value and apparently ranks far above expert knowledge, as one can study here: https://github.com/PrestaShop/welcome/pull/43#discussion_r232677106

Hello,

Part of the maintenance has been done this morning with no impact on the forum. Another part of the maintenance will be operated between 14h00 and 16h00. I just get the information now.

About the GitHub discussion: 
https://github.com/PrestaShop/welcome/pull/43#discussion_r232729613
https://github.com/PrestaShop/welcome/pull/43#discussion_r232948886
Please note that between my two comments, there was an agressive comment from @snowycatsoftware that has been deleted by its author. Sometimes, it seems that people don't assume afterward.
Respect and politeness should always be the bases for contributions. This is the case in many successful open source projets with a Code of conduct. This is also the case since this summer on Stackoverflow. This is now the case for Linux since October. And, really I hope that this will happen with the PrestaShop open source project.

• Like 2

A quick work about the issue we had from yesterday evening to this morning: the new theme was not correctly setup, introducing errors with some static files like javascript.

This is fixed now, and the colors and logo are back. At the bottom of the website, you can choose between the PrestaShop look, and the default Invision Community look.

I would like to thanks everybody who reported the issues and helped us. You are awesome 😀

@joseantgv strange behavior for the links. However, in the screenshot, it seems that this is the first post a new member. This should be related to the spam protection.

@eleazar  thanks for your feedback, you are right, the bots are visible in the list of current visitors. There are other priorities after the forum migration, but this is now on the todo list.

On 11/14/2018 at 4:39 PM, ttoine said:

@joseantgv strange behavior for the links. However, in the screenshot, it seems that this is the first post a new member. This should be related to the spam protection.

Not sure, please check this thread: 

There's one link, in the "New thread" mail is highlighted but not in the forum.

hace 5 horas, joseantgv dijo:

Not sure, please check this thread: 

There's one link, in the "New thread" mail is highlighted but not in the forum.

+1

I have been told by many users who have the same problem, both new users and active users in the forum.

On the other hand, spam seems to keep appearing.

Sorry for my English

Yes, there are still some spam, testing and installing the advanced spam filter is the next step of the forum improvements. We needed first the new version to be in production. That's why the flood control (one post per minute) is still enabled for all users. Otherwise, spammers could really go faster.

I will see if I can remove it for moderators. But in order to disable it for standard Members, it would mean that a new group must be created, something like "New Members". And when they have posted a defined number of contents, a rule should then move them in "Members".

About the links: if you want it to work, you must start each link with http:// or the detector will not handle it. (That's the results of my tests).

Antoine

9 hours ago, ttoine said:

I will see if I can remove it for moderators. But in order to disable it for standard Members, it would mean that a new group must be created, something like "New Members". And when they have posted a defined number of contents, a rule should then move them in "Members".

You can't filter by "forum levels"? Legend, Fanatic, Apprentice..

PD: Today I talked to Johan and he explained me some things about the past and the future of the forum ;)

I can't  see a way to filter by 'forum levels', this is independent from "user group". However, I can use the number of posts (the same data than forum levels) to create rules to move users in groups. Not sure this is retro-active, so the best way seems to create a "new member group". 

Now that the migration is done, the team is working on improvements on the preprod, so when it will be back again, I will do this kind of tests. This is part of the next step: fight spam.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

yes, that's the default behavior of all CMS and forums, no? 😉 but usually, it's when it is on a dedicated domain, not in a subfolder, you are right.

that's why I added a link "go back to prestashop.com".

do you feel it is critical to change this link? that would mean edit the theme template, and I would like to avoid that.

47 minutes ago, ttoine said:

yes, that's the default behavior of all CMS and forums, no? 😉 but usually, it's when it is on a dedicated domain, not in a subfolder, you are right.

that's why I added a link "go back to prestashop.com".

do you feel it is critical to change this link? that would mean edit the theme template, and I would like to avoid that.

I saw after my feedback the 'go back to prestashop', took me a minute...but I'm grandfather of 8 already so I may not be sharpest lol

• ttoine unpinned and unfeatured this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...