How to upgrade 1.6. to 1.7

Hello. How can I update to 1.7 from 1.6? 1-click-uplodater show only the latest 1.6 update but no 1.7 update. I tried to install the fresh 1.7 to a test subdomain, but than I can't copy the data from the old store. Someone can help me?

I'm moving your question, as it is not the same of topic you added your post. Please open own topics when your question is not available on the forum. Use the search function before you add your doubts. Thank you.

Use the 1-click module version 3.0 you can download on Prestashop addons for free:

https://addons.prest...ckup/5496-.html

Download the module version 3.0 there. Rename on your FTP the folder /modules/autoupgrade to /modules/autoupgrade.old and than upload via filezilla to your FTP the downoaded and extracted zip to your FTP to the folder /modules. Clear browser cache (F5), login in to your backoffice and go to the tab of the module list and search for the module. Activate, if not active and use it as usual.

Before you upgrade deinstall all non-native modules and also third party theme, if in use.

As PS 1.7. is still in development and full of bugs I don't suggest you use it in production. El Patron is the only one of the old Prestashop users giving the advice to upgrade running shops. Sincerely he is the ONLY from a couple of developers saying the contrary. If you are only user/seller don't upgrade, stay with 1.6. and only if you are developer you can give a try on a cloned shop, for to learn. There are no improvements in PS 1.7. besides with this version Prestashop removed some features.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

I just upgraded to 1.7 by installing the migration module of Presto Changeo. Works super easy and without any problems! I tried the 1-click upgrade module first but after many failed attempt I gave up.

The good thing about this PP 2 PS migration module from Presto Changeo is that you can start working from a clean and fresh PS 1.7 installation. You just install your new PS 1.7 shop in a subfolder or on a subdomain and you configure the new template and when you're done you just import all native Prestashop data and that's it! Run some tests and when you're done you just import the latest data and move your shop to your 'old' shops location.

More info: PrestaShop to PrestaShop 1.7 Migration

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/18/2018 at 2:35 PM, Lunar said:

I did what Selectshop.at said but it will crash when I try to use 1-click-

what exactly does crash mean?  Are you receiving an error?  There is a beta version of the autoupgrade module that is necessary to upgrade to PS v1.7,   I have used that beta module an upgraded several shops successfully. 

This post should help.  If you are still having problems, then it could be related to your hosting provider settings, but since you have not provided anything more than "it crashed", its kinda hard to help you

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/626472-error-at-final-stage-of-1click-upgrade-ajax-server-error/?do=findComment&comment=2677692

Hi all, since PS 1.7 seems to be mature enough (1.7.3) both for stabilty and modules+themes, I'd like to upgrade from 1.6.1.8.

I think I understood that 1 click Auto Upgrade doesn't work, so I should proceed manually. Right?

Is it a easy procedure: download 1.7, unzip, upload via FTP, access to Install folder and then follow an upgrade procedure? Or is it more complex?

What shall I expect from this procedure?

Regards,

Edo

• Like 1

On 31/3/2018 at 2:34 PM, bellini13 said:

did you bother to read my post directly above yours... with a link to something that could help you

Hello Bellini13, thank you for your reply. Of course it didn't bother me: I read your link but it doesn't seem an official guide for the upgrade and most of all some steps are not completely clear to me.

I mean:

• Make sure I added a Store. ??
  • Use the beta autoupgrader to go from 1.6.0.14 to 1.7.2.0. where shall I find the autoupgrader which allows me to upgrade to 1.7? Mine shows sme only the last 1.6.1.8 version.
  • After upgrade to 1.7.2.0, in the actual database, set PS_VERSION_DB to 1.7.2.0. Not clear
  • Fully uninstall any unnecessary / unsupported modules that I won't use any more. Ok, done
  • Any legacy modules that I do hope to use, I moved their physical folder out of the /modules directory to a temporary directory. (Be sure to get rid of upscarrier and uspscarrier, too!) Ok, done
  • Cleared the cache. Ok, done
  • Updated the 1-Click Auto Updater to 3.0.3. I think this step will be possible when PS would be upgraded successfully to 1.7, right?
  • Try the upgrade to 1.7.2.4. Ok
  • If successful, verify PS_VERSION_DB. Ok

Thank you.

Edo

I would really love to see a good explanation of how to upgrade from 1.6 to 1.7.

I have been trying to do this after our previous active shop began to fail (by attempting the 1-click upgrade?)

There doesn't seem to be any proper guide to follow. What I have seen appears to be out of date, with various discrepancies about what needs to be done. No one seems to know what to do. We have hundreds of products, hundreds of customers, and we need to connect any new installation with the existing database otherwise we might as well just close down completely and start an entirely new business, losing 9 years of work.

We can't afford to lose all the links we have into our existing store.

This is a ridiculous situation and it feels like Prestashop has just abandoned everyone to try and work everything out for themselves.

I'm extremely disappointed. We need some guidance here!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RobbieBlokeToys said:

I would really love to see a good explanation of how to upgrade from 1.6 to 1.7.

I have been trying to do this after our previous active shop began to fail (by attempting the 1-click upgrade?)

There doesn't seem to be any proper guide to follow. What I have seen appears to be out of date, with various discrepancies about what needs to be done. No one seems to know what to do. We have hundreds of products, hundreds of customers, and we need to connect any new installation with the existing database otherwise we might as well just close down completely and start an entirely new business, losing 9 years of work.

We can't afford to lose all the links we have into our existing store.

This is a ridiculous situation and it feels like Prestashop has just abandoned everyone to try and work everything out for themselves.

I'm extremely disappointed. We need some guidance here!

It seems like PS has more interests selling some Premium Addons to upgrade to 1.7 instead of letting us do this with a simple procedure.

After many years installing PS on several websites and supporting it... I'm wondering to move to another CMS...

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 22.08.2017 at 7:18 PM, farrvince said:

Hello. How can I update to 1.7 from 1.6? 1-click-uplodater show only the latest 1.6 update but no 1.7 update. I tried to install the fresh 1.7 to a test subdomain, but than I can't copy the data from the old store. Someone can help me?

Hello,
Specifically for this problem, we developed a 1-click update module.
Which has successfully helped to move a few stores, I think this is what you need:
https://addons.prestashop.com/en/data-migration-backup/29736-1-click-prestashop-upgrade-16-to-17.html

Feel free to ask any questions to us.

Edited by Prestapro LTD (see edit history)

On 7/11/2018 at 10:26 PM, Prestapro LTD said:

Hello,
Specifically for this problem, we developed a 1-click update module.
Which has successfully helped to move a few stores, I think this is what you need:
https://addons.prestashop.com/en/data-migration-backup/29736-1-click-prestashop-upgrade-16-to-17.html

Feel free to ask any questions to us.

Hi Prestapro LTD!

Unfortunately, your link is missing now:

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/data-migration-backup/29736-1-click-?_ga=2.162528380.1732873286.1531848059-1357810406.1530729587

Please check it.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...