[Solved] White screen

Diana Hansen

Hello everyone,

I am in the process of configuring Amazon payment. Everything was going well until this morning I updated the module. 

I have to also mention that before doing that I also changed my primary domain from www.ecofreshblooms.com to ecofreshblooms.com because the day before I had changed it to the first one and today my hosting support said it should be without the www 

Reading the forums, I found I should clear Smarty and my web browser´s cache which I did but it didn't help. 

Then I turned on Error Reporting and got the following error:

Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty Compiler: Syntax error in template "/home/ivinggl1/public_html/themes/default-bootstrap/header.tpl" on line 86 "(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){" - Unexpected "[", expected one of: "}" <-- thrown in/home/ivinggl1/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php on line 86

Please help. I don't understand what could have happened to the default theme header.tpl file because I haven't changed anything in it.

Edited by Diana EFB (see edit history)

Hi there,

Funny thing is that the same thing happend to me when i updated paypal. The mobile confirmation page went white. What i did to solve the problem was switch the confirm tbl back to the previous version and that fixed my problem for the moment. I don't know how amazon works so that might solve your problem as well...or at least for the moment.

Cheers,

Not sure which module you have upgraded, I guess it has messed up the header.tpl file.

From the error message, It seems related to "GoogleAnalyticsObject", which is related to payment module.

It is better to contact developer of the module to see if they can help.

Otherwise you may consider to restore your store from a backup.\

you may try to restore header.tpl only first to see if it fixes.

That error is occurring because Smarty is reading the {i in the Google Analytics JavaScript code and then expecting a }, but finding a [ instead. You can fix the problem by adding a space after every { in the JavaScript code or by adding {literal} before the JavaScript code and {/literal} after it.

• Like 1

Hello guys!

Thank you all for your time and your suggestions. 

Rocky, I send you a big hug and special thanks because your answer solved my problem! 

That error is occurring because Smarty is reading the {i in the Google Analytics JavaScript code and then expecting a }, but finding a [ instead. You can fix the problem by adding a space after every { in the JavaScript code or by adding {literal} before the JavaScript code and {/literal} after it.