How to disable rich snippets data on product page in related products module ?

milanko123

I have prestashop 1.6.10 with custom theme.

On product page a have module productscategory. I need to turn off rich snippets in this module, because google dont support multiple products on product page. 

When i shut down this module,on https://developers.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool/ i seen one product, this is OK but with thist module i seen 31 products.

productscategory.tpl.txt

Edited by milanko123 (see edit history)

if the rich snippets data is set in a correct way, I think it should be fine.

make sure you are modifying the correct file, this module's theme file has its override file under folder

/themes/YourTheems/modules/productcategory/productcategory.tpl

Try to remove the attribute related to rich snippets data such as 

itemprop="name"

itemprop="price"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

if the rich snippets data is set in a correct way, I think it should be fine.

make sure you are modifying the correct file, this module's theme file has its override file under folder

/themes/YourTheems/modules/productcategory/productcategory.tpl

Try to remove the attribute related to rich snippets data such as 

itemprop="name"

itemprop="price"

Hi,

I serached for this elements in productcategory.tpl and dint't find them. Where else can I look for them? I also need to make google webmasters to stop giving me the erros of Markup schema. I have 863 items with erros of missing price and name. This is frustrating.

are you looking are correct file?

if you are using custom theme, then you should look at the file under your theme folder

/themes/YourThemeFolder/modules/productcategory/views/templates/hook/productcategory.tpl

I use a different theme and in "\themes\leo_bloom\modules\productscategory" there is no views folder. Only translations. Instead, in root directory of my website in /modules/productscategory I found the views/template/hook  folder and the tpl file but anyway, there is no itemprop="name" and itemprop="price"

These names are not present in any productscategory.tpl of my website

Prestashop version is 1.6.1.5

Any other suggestions please?

Google markup schema shows 890 error items and keep growing...

if there is no override theme file, then it will use original theme file.

if there is no attribute something like "itemprop" then, I guess the issue might be from different area.

if you use Google rich snippets data tester, you will be able to find out which line so you may be able to find out which module comes from.

if there is no override theme file, then it will use original theme file.

if there is no attribute something like "itemprop" then, I guess the issue might be from different area.

if you use Google rich snippets data tester, you will be able to find out which line so you may be able to find out which module comes from.

Im thankful for your quick responses.

I have trouble into understanding a part of your advices.

Here are the errors I get in the Webmasters Test tool on google

http://floristica.md/images1.html

How do I detect lines with that specific itemprop lines throughout my website?

just checked your screenshot images. in your scenario,  if you want to remove the rich snippet data, you need remove following part

itemscope itemtype="....."

What I really want is to remove the erros I get in webmaster tools. And I really want to make google create a structured form of the search results of my website. I found old posts on this forum from 2014 with people having the same issues. And it is only related to Markup Schema of product prices ( Google does not allow more than one product on a page )

This is the main problem. And nobody actually found a solution for that yet. And when I found this post I understood that the main reason of the issue is that "productscategory" module does the most part of the errors because another 4 products appear under each product on the product page and it creates the impression that there are 5 products on that page. Thats why I am trying to find at least how to remove it. I have 500+ products on my website and each product page displays another 4 products which makes google say that I have 900 erros.

you may try to use the attached file (please rename from .txt to .tpl) that I used for my online store. the rich snippet data should be fine.  bur there might be some issue with styling or layout because we are using different theme.

Please make a backup of your original file before replace it, in case it does not fit your theme.

productscategory.txt

• 4 weeks later...

This is the same problem that I have. If you will notice in the Google Product Manager query I raised- https://groups.google.com/a/googleproductforums.com/d/msgid/webmasters/84404d3c-ef9e-4127-9515-0ba4aa96104d%40googleproductforums.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer, they ask me to add isrelated to for avoiding this error as even my product pages are detecting more than 1.

Did any solution work for you? If not can you advice if the steps adviced by Grace needs to be taken in which file?