1666 Errors Original Image Is Missing Or Empty

hi all,

after i upgraded my prestashop using the 1 click upgrade, 

all my product images are missing with a ? 

i did do my back up.

please advice on how i can put back the product images,

many many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

do u receive the 500 error immediately, or after 30 or more seconds?

if it is immediate, then you need to explore your error logs to see what you can find

if it is 30+ seconds, then it means it is working properly, but your server is configured with a max time out.  in this case, go back and regenerate images again but do not select the option to erase images.  just keep doing that repeatedly until all thumbnails are created.  eventually it will succeed.  the alternative is to increase your max time out setting, but that is not necessary

do u receive the 500 error immediately, or after 30 or more seconds?

if it is immediate, then you need to explore your error logs to see what you can find

if it is 30+ seconds, then it means it is working properly, but your server is configured with a max time out.  in this case, go back and regenerate images again but do not select the option to erase images.  just keep doing that repeatedly until all thumbnails are created.  eventually it will succeed.  the alternative is to increase your max time out setting, but that is not necessary

hi there, i am getting it 30 seconds or more.

i make another move.

after the one click upgrade to 1.6.1.4, i attempt the regeneration of thumbnails and all the 1666 errors appears

there after i deleted all the images. 

so now the error 500 appears.

please advice again what should i do.

well if i am understanding you properly, then your original images are gone, and perhaps you need to consider restoring from a backup

Hi Bellini13, thanks for helping so actively.

let me describe my actions for you and hope you can guide me better there after:

1. i updated prestashop to 1.6.1.4

2. there after the thumbnails regeneration shows 1666 errors of original images missing or empty

3. not too sure whats going on (on hindsight it might be that there are in a different location), i deleted all my product images and upload back them manually.

4. by doing so it causes me to have error 500 when i regenerate thumbnail under products.

5. currently this is what happening:

you cant see the images at the frontpage http://www.ezovclothestore.com.sg/

after you click on an item you can see the images but those little ones still cant be seen: http://www.ezovclothestore.com.sg/dresses/415-colourful-floral-print-cheongsam-.html

Please help me understand why i cant regenerate thumbnails and why some of the images cant be seen. =(

much thanks,

giant