Remove Unused domain Names from My Account

emmacouk

Question

Hi

I've recently passed the admin of one of my stores over to another person who will be using another Prestashop account to run it. I've unassigned the stores from my account but they are still sat as Unassigned Domains ready to be assigned (see attached).

The problem we are facing is that while these domains are sat here on my account, my colleague cannot add the domain to his account as they are saying that the domain is already registered?

Is there a way to completely remove the association between my account and the domain?

Many thanks

Ryan

post-1045220-0-78422600-1441880390_thumb.jpg

20 answers to this question

Oh bugger... I am in exactly the same boat.... I need to remove the old ones. Why every little tiny thing seems to be complicated with this system is astounding. 

Now I've got a domain "Ready to be assigned" with the only option of assigning it. Meanwhile, I can not add it to the other PS Cloud shop as it is in use already.... banging head against wall.

• Like 1

I've had a reply from the Support Team but they were asking for my new account id? I'll update this topic when I hear anything more from them.

In this case you should open a new Cloud Account with your credentials and pass them the new ID, for they can move the content to your new account. You should stay in touch with the support theme on your account, by using the tab "support", as this is not a problem which could be solved in the forum. ;)

In this case you should open a new Cloud Account with your credentials and pass them the new ID, for they can move the content to your new account. You should stay in touch with the support theme on your account, by using the tab "support", as this is not a problem which could be solved in the forum. ;)

Thanks for adding your insight, but if you re-read the question you'll find we don't want to move CONTENT. We want to completly DETACH a formerly assigned DOMAIN NAME from Cloud install 1 and assign it to Cloud install 2. If the "detach" functionality provided by PrestaShop in the Site Admin (not the shop backend) actually worked, we would all not need to have this prolonged conversation...

• Like 1

Thanks for adding your insight, but if you re-read the question you'll find we don't want to move CONTENT. We want to completly DETACH a formerly assigned DOMAIN NAME from Cloud install 1 and assign it to Cloud install 2. If the "detach" functionality provided by PrestaShop in the Site Admin (not the shop backend) actually worked, we would all not need to have this prolonged conversation...

Sorry, but I cannot find your topic here insight this one.

Only Prestashop Cloud Administrators can do what you want. So please stay in touch with them. Account-ID is the Mail-Address of Cloud-Account. If you don't remember that, so you can check it on tab "settings" of Prestashop Cloud dashboard.

• Like 1

Sorry, but I cannot find your topic here insight this one.

Only Prestashop Cloud Administrators can do what you want. So please stay in touch with them. Account-ID is the Mail-Address of Cloud-Account. If you don't remember that, so you can check it on tab "settings" of Prestashop Cloud dashboard.

"Sorry, but I cannot find your topic here insight this one."

Lieber "Selectshop.at Prestashop Superstar": Wollen wir angesichts der offensichtlichen Sprachschwierigkeiten vielleicht auf Deutsch weiter diskutieren? Es ist nicht das erste Mal, dass ich von eurem Team englisch sprachige Antworten lese, die völlig aus der Thematik entfernt scheinen. Daher mein Verdacht dass auf eurer Seite gewisse Defizite im englischen bestehen. Das an sich macht ja nichts, kommt in deutschsprachigen Ländern häufig vor, nur bringen solche "Halbantworten" den Usern halt auch absolut nichts ausser verschwendete Zeit. Der erste Satz eurer letzten Antwort macht sprachlich erneut keinen Sinn, ich verstehe trotz dem vorhandenen Willen und 30 Jahre Deutschlandaufenthalt und mehr als 5 Jahren in englisch sprechenden Ländern die Antwort einfach nicht, und vermutlich auch sonst keiner, der hier Hilfe sucht.

Zur Sache: Der Thread-Starter fragt sich, genau wie wir auch, wie man eine zuvor hinzugefügte externe Domain bei einem Cloud Shop komplett deaktiviert, so dass diese zur Verwendung in einem anderen Cloud Shop ausgewählt werden kann.*

Daraufhin kommt von euch zunächst die Antwort, dass es doch ein Chevron zum anklicken gibt, nur halt leider ohne eine Delete Funktion - das hättet Ihr als Prestashop Superstars ggfs. wissen können oder selbst testen können, aber gut. Danach kommt dann der Hinweis von euch, dass man zwecks Umzug des CONTENTS die PrestaShop Admins ansprechen soll. Fein, darum ging es aber nicht.

Mein Kommentar weiter oben bezog sich darauf, dass es alles sehr viel einfacher wäre, wenn die TRENNUNG von Domain und Cloud Shop seitens PrestaShop Shop Einstellungen nicht nur ansatzweise, sondern richtig funktionieren würde. Daraufhin dann irgendwas als Antwort von euch, das ch beim besten Willen nicht mehr verstehe :-)

*Da Ihr euch evtl. fragt, weshalb man überhaupt in die Situation kommt, dass man eine externe Domain von CloudShop1 auf CloudShop2 transferieren möchte, dann hat das damit zu tun, dass PS Cloud intern nicht wie "versprochen" möglich war, so dass es sinnvoller erschien, einen Shop basierend auf dem default theme nochmals mit einer frischen, neuen 1.6.1 Version in die Welt zu setzen, anstatt ggfs. noch bis nächstes Jahr auf den versprochenen Update-Knopf zu warten, der in unserem CloudShop1 Version 1.4.x einfach nicht beikommt.

Alles klar?

Und, ja - wir haben verstanden, dass wir für das oben stehende an das PrestaShop Support Team (nb: "team", nicht "theme") wenden müssen und tun dies auch...

Beste Grüße aus Schweden - wir verstehen uns schon noch irgendwann :-)

Jonas Eriksson

INNOMEGA AB

Doubts for Prestashop Cloud in German:

"Sorry, but I cannot find your topic here insight this one."

Daraufhin kommt von euch zunächst die Antwort, dass es doch ein Chevron zum anklicken gibt, nur halt leider ohne eine Delete Funktion - das hättet Ihr als Prestashop Superstars ggfs. wissen können oder selbst testen können, aber gut.

Prestashop doubts in German, please on German Cloud forum. I'm still not able to see your doubt added to this topic.

For your comment: No it is not possible, not for to execute, nor to test, if you didn't add any domain to your cloud shop. This setting is not available for xxx.pswebhsop.com domains. So sorry, I added my comment as a hint with question mark.

Other things of your topic I don't want to discuss with you. If you think you are a better user for to solve problems for Prestashopo Cloud, so go on...

You are free to help others here instead to add a topic in foreign language discrediting others knowledge (BTW it is the second time you are doing this - may be jealousy ?) One of the spirit of a forum is to learn, discuss and give help to others. You should follow this.

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)

Dear selectahop.at - as you evidently removed my post from 22 Sept 2015 - 1:33 PM (I have a PDF version of the thread including my answer) and you further went on to show only a part of my post, I see zero value in continuing any communication with you on this forum. You might be a moderator of this forum and have those powers, but it doesn't change the fact this is a behaviour I would perhaps expect in China or Saudi Arabia, but certainly not in a forum hosted in the EU. As for your suggestion that I instead help others instead of criticising your posts  - I will gladly do so when I can in a qualified way. Until then, I refrain from posting answers which don't add value to the original thread starter, and you are of course free to go about your business differently. /JE.

Dear selectahop.at - as you evidently removed my post from 22 Sept 2015 - 1:33 PM (I have a PDF version of the thread including my answer) .....

You might be a moderator of this forum and have those powers, but it doesn't change the fact this is a behaviour I would perhaps expect in China or Saudi Arabia, but certainly not in a forum hosted in the EU. ...

Please stop unverified allegations, this is not professional, besides it hurts your business...

Hi techimab. An moderator has hidden your post because you wrote in german. This not match with the forum rules.

MVH

Thanks for the clarification - all understood and fine. Apologies for writing parts in German as Selectshop.at and I had difficulties understanding each other in english. In the unlikely event I'll need to clarify something with him/them again, I'll do it via email.

All good, have a great evening!

Jonas