[VIDEO TUTORIAL] Faster Prestashop Back Office #1: removing modules and themes Ads

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you Nemo for this video,

my site on VPS with 4GB RAM, after upgrade to 1.6.0.14 was unable to load modules, but after I did what you describe it start to work normaly again. Thank you again for your contribution

Martin

• 4 months later...

I have found problem with this modification. After I made this I never get notification about upgrade of any module. This can be problem for modules like 1-click upgrade and several other module for prestashop to run correctly.

Any idea how to fix that?

martin

I have found problem with this modification. After I made this I never get notification about upgrade of any module. This can be problem for modules like 1-click upgrade and several other module for prestashop to run correctly.

Any idea how to fix that?

martin

As Nemo said...

If you need to update modules, you can take it back, update, and disable again

• 10 months later...
Excellent tutorial, Nemo! I got rid of the theme ads. Thank you.

I refrained from disabling (renaming with an underscore so they don't interfere) the trusted_modules_list.xml and the modules_native_addons.xml.

This is because my site is brand new and I'm too new with PrestaShop to know how to look for modules I may need from those. I have 108 add-ons listed and 74 installed. 

post-1292894-0-05662900-1477151916_thumb.jpg