Another Addons unsatisfied customer

Omega

I went to the addons store to purchase a module to help my customers narrow down their search. I wanted a make model year search. I was advised by a customer service chat that the software I was looking to buy was suitable to my needs. It wasnt, so I requested a refund only to be told that :

"We unfortunately will not be able to respond positively to this request.
Indeed, refunds can not be done on simple demand as PrestaShop is a Marketplace. However,

a refund is possible in case of a malfunction that the developer of the module itself can not solve".

Surely this is a case of mis sold due to inaccurate information that was recieved, This has nothing to do with the developer as the module is not faulty. The correct module is urgently required but I am, as it stands, not likely to be purchasing from the addons store again if this is not rectified asap. I have sent an email to the developer and addons has contacted the developer. What they expect the develper do, I have no idea as it has simply been mis sold to me via a chat.

Also, there needs to be a better ticket system in place. When I recieve an email from addons, it is a noreply email address and i would have to contact addons again explaining again my problem, because there seems to be no record of the conversation anywhere.

I quote "Our team of experts will give you the advice that's right for you"

please work by your moto and admit when you have been wrong.

Edited by Omega (see edit history)

Hello Omega,

Sorry to read this. Modules can indeed get refunded when the user can't use it because of a major bug. We can't directly refund a module developped by a developer of the community, we need to have his approval.

Could you please post me your order number so I can take a look at all this?

Thanks a lot! :)

But the customer is saying that Addons Sales misrepresented what the module can do for the customer.  It has nothing to do with the developer and a buggy module.

Perhaps Prestashop Addons should stop providing pre-sales support for community modules, and leave those pre-sales questions up to the contributor directly?

Now granted I am taking this all at the customer's word, but now you have this scenario

1) The customer has a software product that cannot be returned

2) The customer has a module they cannot use

3) Prestashop and the developer have money from a misrepresented sale

4) If a refund was granted, Prestashop and the developer cannot enforce that the module is not used

@Omega, I hope you have learned that in the future, you need to screen shot your chat conversations so you have evidence of the conversation.  Otherwise it is just "he said, she said"

Edited by bellini13 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Hi Bellini,

That's exactly why I ask for more details, to get informed. That isn't normal that he gets that kind of recommandation if the module doesn't suit his needs, we agree on that. 

@Omega, I hope you have learned that in the future, you need to screen shot your chat conversations so you have evidence of the conversation.  Otherwise it is just "he said, she said"

Not exactly. All the conversations are recordered, that's why we ask for the order numbers everytime :)

I did get the  chat transcripts sent to me, but not the first one :( 

I didnt know that addons was just a market place like Amazon for modules otherwise I would have put a request on the forum for a developer.  When you ask questions before purchase and get the ok that it is suitable, what more can I do?

My request for a refund has now been accepted and should be with me within 10 working days! At least it is on it's way.

I would advise people to deal with the developer direct as knowledge of the modules on Addons is not as good as it should be. If you have "Our team of experts will give you the advice that's right for you", on the front page of your store, please make sure that  you know what you are advising on. I would have prefered it if Addons said "Sorry, but we are not too sure. Let us contact the developer and get back to you". That way I would not have been inconveinienced buying the wrong module and I would have been more likely to make further purchases from addons. As it stands, I will proberbly not buy from Addons and seek module programmers direct.

There are too many complaints like mine from other addons customers. Please sort something out. You have a supurb e-commerce platform.

• Like 1

Hello Omega,

I understand your position, and I'm sorry that you've been through that bad experience. We shouldn't have advised you a module that doesn't suit your needs. 

I'm sure this is a bad misunderstanding, and I'm glad that the refund got accepted. This is the proof that things finally worked out :)

Have a nice day!