1.6.0.11 problem with saving products

I just updated to 1.6.0.12 and this issue persists for me.

Seems like people are describing slightly different symptoms and problems in this thread. But for me if I go to a product, the tabs (SEO, Warehouse etc) of the product is taking forever to load (Aprox. 2 minutes and 30 seconds load time).

If I try to save the product before these tabs are loaded I get an error saying friendly url field etc is missing (Because they haven't been loaded yet in the tabs).

We had 1.5.6.2 previously without any issues. Loading products and saving them were done in seconds.

We then upgraded to 1.6.0.9 where this issue started, and it's so bad that it's impossible to do day-to-day work tasks.

We then upgraded to 1.6.0.12 as I mentioned above, and the issue persists.

We have about 5000 products and 400 categories in our store. 99% of our products do not have any attributes or combinations but are just plain, simple, basic products. This issue seem to happen on all products I try to load.

Well I have updated and not a difference has it made, in fact unbelievably, it is taking longer. As i type this it has been spinning for over 10mins since the update.

Can somebody please look at this and get it sorted as Prestashop is unusable like this.

Hi all,

As Xavier said previously in this topic, we fixed an issue on this subject but the main reason is:

"when you save your product, you send 12 requests (one for each tab of your product page) to your server and to prevent mod_evasiv DOSPageInterval to block your requests we must slip 1s between each call."

So don't hesitate to contact your server administrator or your provider in order to change DOSPageInterval.

It is mainly due to the server you use.

Best regards,

Hi all,

As Xavier said previously in this topic, we fixed an issue on this subject but the main reason is:

"when you save your product, you send 12 requests (one for each tab of your product page) to your server and to prevent mod_evasiv DOSPageInterval to block your requests we must slip 1s between each call."

So don't hesitate to contact your server administrator or your provider in order to change DOSPageInterval.

Best regards,

Seriously? How arrogant could you be? After using Prestashop for more than 5 years, I'm so freaking tired of your attitude, responses and just plain arrogance. You seem to think that the people reporting these problems are stay-home moms who set up their hobby store, know nothing about web development and is not worth listining to, because "you know better". The reason I say this is because if you really had read the comments in this thread, and listened to the issues people are reporting, you would laugh at the idea of saying that the solution is the server DOSPageInterval.

Yes you are right. DOSPageInterval can help you fix a couple of seconds of load time. But is it 12 seconds people are reporting? No. People are reporting 2min, 5min, 10min load times. Timeouts on server, 500 errors etc.

While you guys have been writing this issue off, I have been trying to experiment and find a solution to it. I have yet found the exact reason why the load times are insane as they are. But I have found how to stop it and how to avoid it as a temporary solution.

Our temporary solution: 

It seems like if you login to another user profile that has less permissions, the load time issue is gone. We use the Translator profile and we activate Product-permissions to it. The tabs then load instantly and we can save and update products fine.

On the SuperAdmin user profile. which have all permissions activated, the load time are 2-3min long.

This is means that you can bascally not use your SuperAdmin to manage your stores products. You need to use a second account with less permissions and therefor I don't see this as a permanent and final solution. But a temporary one.

So... there you go Prestashop staff... Hopefully after being spoonfed a clue to the problem, perhaps maybe you will be able to fix it for real this time.

Regards

A user who will never set up a secondary project in Prestashop ever again.

Edited by xertion (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Hi all,

We are listening to all your complaints about the save buttons problems in the product page on the Back Office.

Before this current system on the product page, a lot of people were complaining about technical errors they had when trying to save the product page before all tabs could be loaded.

We resolved this issue by blocking the "save" buttons until all tabs are loaded.

Be sure we don't want to be arrogant, i repeated what Xavier told in the different topics about this issue because almost each time we ask merchants access to their shops, we could see that they had overrides or modules which impacted the proper functioning of their shop; or that their server was not powerful enough.

We understand that some people have very long loading times which can be very annoying to work with.

In your Back Office you can go to "Advanced Parameters" -> "Performance".

In the "Debug Mode" section, disable non PrestaShop modules and disable all overrides .

If you don't have this slowness problem anymore, you probably have a problem with non PrestaShop modules or an override.

If you still have this issue, don't hesitate to send me your FTP and Back Office accesses (by private message) and we will investigate in your shop.

You can be sure that we are listening to you. We are working for you, not against you.

Best regards,

• Like 3

Hi all,

We are listening to all your complaints about the save buttons problems in the product page on the Back Office.

Before this current system on the product page, a lot of people were complaining about technical errors they had when trying to save the product page before all tabs could be loaded.

We resolved this issue by blocking the "save" buttons until all tabs are loaded.

Be sure we don't want to be arrogant, i repeated what Xavier told in the different topics about this issue because almost each time we ask merchants access to their shops, we could see that they had overrides or modules which impacted the proper functioning of their shop; or that their server was not powerful enough.

We understand that some people have very long loading times which can be very annoying to work with.

In your Back Office you can go to "Advanced Parameters" -> "Performance".

In the "Debug Mode" section, disable non PrestaShop modules and disable all overrides .

If you don't have this slowness problem anymore, you probably have a problem with non PrestaShop modules or an override.

If you still have this issue, don't hesitate to send me your FTP and Back Office accesses (by private message) and we will investigate in your shop.

You can be sure that we are listening to you. We are working for you, not against you.

Best regards,

hi Vincent gonna message you details to mine. i disabled all overides and disabled non prestashop modules and still slow.

Seeing the thread, I tested with my site.  It is now v1.6.0.12.  (I upgraded from v1.6.0.11 with 1 click upgrade and it worked.  However, trying to upgrade to v1.6.0.13 failed with 1 click upgrade)  I am using a dedicated server with Centos 7.  Trying to save a few products and all are done within 0.5s.  Now I have only less than 20 products to test.  Don't know if more products will have the issue coming out.

One issue I found out is on the product duplication.  If duplicate a product with image already uploaded, duplication will be failed.  When I delete the image, the same product can be duplicated. 

**** Just upgraded to 1.6.0.13 by clean installation.  Products can be saved within 0.1s.  Duplication of products is still the same as above.  ***

Edited by des2006 (see edit history)

**** Just upgraded to 1.6.0.13 by clean installation.  Products can be saved within 0.1s.  Duplication of products is still the same as above.  ***

Didn't had the dubplication problems..  I upgraded to 1.6.0.13 (no clean install) and still have the longgggg loading problem 1minute+

Is a clean install a solution? how do i keep all my settings? 

Or is there anybody who can look at my install? thanxs in advance.. 

I'm trying to work out a fix to REMOVE this ajax thing and take it back to how it was before. It might cause the "required fields' issue again though, still testing (can't have appropriate results as my servers are quick enough)

• Like 2

I'm trying to work out a fix to REMOVE this ajax thing and take it back to how it was before. It might cause the "required fields' issue again though, still testing (can't have appropriate results as my servers are quick enough

Don't you think the problem is admin-products.js?

In two shops (without evasive_mode ->as far as i know..) the load time in products has been decreased half time when upgrading from 11 to 13, so those changes

https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/commit/12c3af670c5ccf0bdf72fca735057e542d423dc5

should be the ones related with https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/393218-16011-problem-with-saving-products/page-5?do=findComment&comment=1960762

WORKS FOR 1.6.0.14

Using FTP go to "admin > themes > default > template > controllers > products" and in all .tpl files find:

<button type="submit" name="submitAddproduct" class="btn btn-default pull-right" disabled="disabled"><i class="process-icon-loading"></i> {l s='Save'}</button>

<button type="submit" name="submitAddproductAndStay" class="btn btn-default pull-right" disabled="disabled"><i class="process-icon-loading"></i> {l s='Save and stay'}</button>

1. Remove " disabled="disabled "

2. Replace "process-icon-loading" with "process-icon-save"

The results should be:

<button type="submit" name="submitAddproduct" class="btn btn-default pull-right"><i class="process-icon-save"></i> {l s='Save'}</button>

<button type="submit" name="submitAddproductAndStay" class="btn btn-default pull-right"><i class="process-icon-save"></i> {l s='Save and stay'}</button>

NOTE:

I used Dreamwaver to open all files from the >>products folder and then I used "Find and Replace" tool to search and replace in all files at once.

Save all files and you're done!

Edited by Sorodocul (see edit history)
  • Like 4

WORKS FOR 1.6.0.14

Using FTP go to "admin > themes > default > template > controllers > products" and in all .tpl files find:

<button type="submit" name="submitAddproduct" class="btn btn-default pull-right" disabled="disabled"><i class="process-icon-loading"></i> {l s='Save'}</button>
<button type="submit" name="submitAddproductAndStay" class="btn btn-default pull-right" disabled="disabled"><i class="process-icon-loading"></i> {l s='Save and stay'}</button>

1. Remove " disabled="disabled "

2. Replace "process-icon-loading" with "process-icon-save"

The results should be:

<button type="submit" name="submitAddproduct" class="btn btn-default pull-right"><i class="process-icon-save"></i> {l s='Save'}</button>
<button type="submit" name="submitAddproductAndStay" class="btn btn-default pull-right"><i class="process-icon-save"></i> {l s='Save and stay'}</button>

NOTE:
I used Dreamwaver to open all files from the >>products folder and then I used "Find and Replace" tool to search and replace in all files at once.

Save all files and you're done!

PS 1.6.0.14 this solution works for me !

Many thanks Sorodocul  :D

This is just changing the save button... its not solving the issue 

Am i only one facing the issue ??

No, I am still having the same problem.  There have been three updates since the problem appeared and none of them have fixed the problem.

In fact, I thought the problem was solve but not... The "save" button works but another problem came, I can t add any image on products ... There s an infinite loading ... nothing apear after Hours and Hours lol

Solution : I downgraded to 1.5.6.2 :) and waitint for a better version

Same problem in PrestaShop 1.6.0.14 (migrated from 1.5.6.2). When going in product editor, the save buttons take some time to become active. Using Firefox 36.0.1 and IE 10.0.9200. Haven't been able to go in production yet; something's always not working...

I have same problem. I am new to prestashop. Since I was tired of many buggy e-commerce solutions, I switched

to prestashop. Till now everything worked fine and I could not believe that there is at last the product which really works.

After making some changes, I switched to adding products, but what I see is disabled save button. IS THAT JOKE?

No is not joke, is real problem.

I actually think they might have been doing something, because this issue is not as bad as it used to be. (at least for me).  

I downloaded the GitHub dev.version today to do another test on this particular issue, and this is what I found out:

Uninstalled ALL modules and the the spinning save buttons and prestahand used about 8-10 seconds to load. And compared to 30-40 seconds a few weeks back, this is a major improvement(!) 

I then installed ALL the modules, and now I experienced the old familiar issue with a load time of 25-35 seconds. I recall reading something about the crontask module a while back, so I started with uninstalling this one, and it went back to 8-10 seconds. Maybe there is something fishy regarding this crontask module?

Even though it's a MAJOR improvement going from 30+ load time to 10 seconds, I personally think 10 seconds still is kinda slow. Waiting 10 seconds each time editing a product will casue some heavy cursing in this room at least...

This issue alone made me install the dev.version of OpenCart just to compare, and I got to say when it comes to speed, OC beats the living shit out of PS. Everything practically loads in a nanosecond. 

Now I really can't compare these two since it's PS i know my boogie around (1.4 that is), and I have only been playing around in OC for a few hours. So this comparison might not be totally fair if PS 1.6 got a zillion features OC don't have, but I thought it was worth mentioning how freaking fast it loads.

• Like 1

Thanks Izraelviz,

I had completely forgot about OpenCart. I just finished installing it with 3 languages, store logo and information, etc. took less than 15 minutes. It's so blazingly fast I hardly see how I could go back to PrestaShop now. It's like using an SSD and asking yourself if you wanna go back to a disk drive...

I'll still be around though. I somehow kinda like PrestaShop, just like I still love spinning drives. :D

Thanks!

I know, Sam_2015

The speed of OC caught me by surprise for sure, and I got to admit I am really torn regarding what platform I will use for my next store. Can't say I am too eager starting on something totally new, and when you've put hundreds of hours translating PS into Norwegian, in addition to knowing how it all works, it's with a little saddened heart you're thinking about moving on. Then again; Slow response time is my worst enemy. I can spend quite a few hours ironing our "personal issues" in a platform, as long as things save and loads in a fair amount of time.

I've decided I will wait and do a final test of the next PS release. If the issue still remains, I guess I will have to do like you and dive a litte deeper into OC and set up my store there.

I know, Sam_2015

The speed of OC caught me by surprise for sure, and I got to admit I am really torn regarding what platform I will use for my next store. Can't say I am too eager starting on something totally new, and when you've put hundreds of hours translating PS into Norwegian, in addition to knowing how it all works, it's with a little saddened heart you're thinking about moving on. Then again; Slow response time is my worst enemy. I can spend quite a few hours ironing our "personal issues" in a platform, as long as things save and loads in a fair amount of time.

I've decided I will wait and do a final test of the next PS release. If the issue still remains, I guess I will have to do like you and dive a litte deeper into OC and set up my store there.

I tried all the suggestion regading the saving products.But for me, the only solution was to delete a several attributes ( color). Now the save button works well .

Guys, it seems my problems are solved. My save and editing takes place now very fast and within a second not seconds. Step 2 of the installation instruction for  1.6.0.14, which I did not bother to read at first, becuase after all who reads it, right, clearly states delete all existing demo categories and poducts and make sure you get all the images too. Well after having nothing else to lose, voila, I did just that, deleted every bit of demo content, flushed the cache reload all cateories and products with a breeze and my Prestashop is now singing in acapella. Al sorted, ligthing fast, all problmes with saving gone.Oh and be very careful not to type over demo content to add your own product because that is where the indexing and caching really get messed up!

Yeah, it seems it pays to read the manual, not too experienced to go back to basics! My lesson learned! Happy Prestashop user again. Cheers!

I tried all the suggestion regading the saving products.But for me, the only solution was to delete a several attributes ( color). Now the save button works well .

Guys, it seems my problems are solved. My save and editing takes place now very fast and within a second not seconds. Step 2 of the installation instruction for  1.6.0.14, which I did not bother to read at first, because after all who reads it, right, clearly states delete all existing demo categories and products and make sure you get all the images too. Well after having nothing else to lose, voila, I did just that, deleted every bit of demo content, flushed the cache reloaded all categories and products with a breeze and my Prestashop is now singing in acapella. Al sorted, ligthing fast, all problems with saving gone.Oh and be very careful not to type over demo content to add your own product because that is where the indexing and caching really get messed up!

Yeah, it seems it pays to read the manual, not too experienced to go back to basics! My lesson learned! Happy Prestashop user again. Cheers!

Even though it's a MAJOR improvement going from 30+ load time to 10 seconds, I personally think 10 seconds still is kinda slow. Waiting 10 seconds each time editing a product will casue some heavy cursing in this room at least...

Yes 10 seconds seems to be the "normal/ideal" behaviour. Is quite obvious that the product admin page should be  completely rewritten.

You can have a look at a third party module/software like

https://www.prestashopmanager.com/

or

http://www.magneticone.com/store/PrestaShop.Modules

Let me just add here to maybe help and avoid people scrolling to the last post, problem for me solved and I very optimistic it will also help most with this same problem.

My save and editing takes place now very fast and within a second not seconds. Step 2 of the installation instruction for  1.6.0.14, which I did not bother to read at first, because after all who reads it, right, clearly states delete all existing demo categories and products and make sure you get all the images too. Well after having nothing else to lose, voila, I did just that, deleted every bit of demo content, flushed the cache reloaded all categories and products with a breeze and my Prestashop is now singing in acapella. Al sorted, ligthing fast, all problems with saving gone.Oh and be very careful not to type over demo content to add your own product because that is where the indexing and caching really get messed up!

• Like 1

Let me just add here to maybe help and avoid people scrolling to the last post, problem for me solved and I very optimistic it will also help most with this same problem.

My save and editing takes place now very fast and within a second not seconds. Step 2 of the installation instruction for  1.6.0.14, which I did not bother to read at first, because after all who reads it, right, clearly states delete all existing demo categories and products and make sure you get all the images too. Well after having nothing else to lose, voila, I did just that, deleted every bit of demo content, flushed the cache reloaded all categories and products with a breeze and my Prestashop is now singing in acapella. Al sorted, ligthing fast, all problems with saving gone.Oh and be very careful not to type over demo content to add your own product because that is where the indexing and caching really get messed up!

This may work for a fresh installation but I would imagine those who have an active shop and have upgraded from an existing version then it will make no difference.  This topic has been ongoing for weeks, there are been several upgrades and still it persists!

This did not work for me. I flushed, deleted, cleared and reloaded pretty much everything using the tools provided by PS and the browsers. Made a new product with the basic names etc on the first page, but still it took me 10-15 seconds when I tried to edit it. That said I tested this on the dev.version i downloaded and installed on monday, so my test might not be valid...

Israelviz, just check the following settings under performanceas well:

SMARTY

Cache = YES, with option "Recompile templates if the files have been updated"

DEBUG MODE

BOTH OPTIONS = NO

OPTIONAL FEATURES

COMBINATIONS = YES

FEATURES = YES

CUSTOMER GROUPS = YES

CCC

Smart cache for CSS = YES

Smart cache for JavaScript = YES

APACHE Optimations = YES

CIPHERING

SELECT = OPTION Use Rijndael with mcrypt lib. (you must install the Mcrypt extension)

CACHING

SELECT OPTION: Memcached (If you have Cpanel activate this under Php control version)

DO not select FILE SYSTEM FOR CACHE!!!!  Leave cache off until you can activate Memcached!

Please comeback to me, if this worked after you once again flushed your cache!

Israelviz, just check the following settings under performanceas well:

SMARTY

Cache = YES, with option "Recompile templates if the files have been updated"

DEBUG MODE

BOTH OPTIONS = NO

OPTIONAL FEATURES

COMBINATIONS = YES

FEATURES = YES

CUSTOMER GROUPS = YES

CCC

Smart cache for CSS = YES

Smart cache for JavaScript = YES

APACHE Optimations = YES

CIPHERING

SELECT = OPTION Use Rijndael with mcrypt lib. (you must install the Mcrypt extension)

CACHING

SELECT OPTION: Memcached (If you have Cpanel activate this under Php control version)

DO not select FILE SYSTEM FOR CACHE!!!!  Leave cache off until you can activate Memcached!

Please comeback to me, if this worked after you once again flushed your cache!

Still a no show for me. The only thing I had to skip was the Memcacache, since the host I'm currently testing this dosen't seem to support this. At least I can't find it anywhere. We do have a domain at bluehost though, and I believe they got Cpanel if I remember correct. If Memcache is very crucial, I can always give it a go there...

Thanx for reaching out your hand though! Highly appreciated =)

Elviz

Eiviz, just ask your hostng company change it in your php config file.

I've too had hundreds of products but never updated my PS because of the fear that i might crash. So decided t start fresh with a complete new installation. I suffered for a week trying to get it to work, and it is ticking now. Hope you find your problem.

If you want I can have a look for you, just send me your logon particulars which you can off course change afterwards.

South African regards!

Thanks for m3isd's suggestion. The solution is not good for me.

I have two environments.

Both starting at 1.6.0.9 with all demo data deleted.

One upgrade to 1.6.0.11 (production)

and one testing for 1.6.0.14, ALL done by 1-click upgrade. (by the way, don't use 1-click upgrade v.1.4.8, it will crash your site. I user 1.5.0 is ok.)

Both environment face the "slow save" issue.

I tried all suggestions, e.g. features.tpl, jquery.scrollTo.js, admin-products.js, smartycache...

Hope we will get solution soon...

Cheers and thanks to all working on the solution and been giving suggestion/solution...

I've too had hundreds of products but never updated my PS because of the fear that i might crash. So decided t start fresh with a complete new installation. I suffered for a week trying to get it to work, and it is ticking now. Hope you find your problem.

If you want I can have a look for you, just send me your logon particulars which you can off course change afterwards.

South African regards!

My primary hosting company do not support Memcache as of today, so it can't be done. Think I'll just put this to rest for now and go fiddle with another platform meanwhile. Hopefully it'll be fixed some day.  

Thanx again for the support though! Highly appreciated!

• Like 1

South African regards!

Hi m3isd,

my hostng company has mencached enabled. But the problem still exists. Kindly shine me light on what to change in php config file ?!

Many thanks in advanced.

Elviz, something else, some modules really do not like cache turned on. Try switching of cache and see if you improvement?

Advance Parametres - Performance - scroll down to last option that page - "Use Cache = No".

Other than this I am aout of ideas, my site is still tiking great. Can you also just dump you php configuarion here? "Advanced Parametres, Configuration information"

SA regards!

attachicon.gifconfig 1.jpgThanks m3isd for additional information.

I have turned the cache off but makes no different.

Here's the screen dump of the configuration. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks again.

dtwfung

I see 1 X Minor and two major issues here:

1) You have installed PS in a subdirectory - nothing wrong but it can really create a lot of problems - if this is your ownly shop set it up in the root directory, in other words: http://yoursite/public_html/  where public_html is the root. It is not necessary to create a sub-directory. See if you can consider doing this.

2). Magic Quotes is on - ask your host to turn it off.

3) The same wih register_globals - ask your host to help you. If you have access to your config file yu can do it yourself.

Then some other things that i've picked up - you are running friendly URL's, if your re-write settings regarding this is not appropriiately set with Apache, you are going experience extreme problems in addition to the installation within the sub-directory. See if you can use PS native URL settings.

Otherwise your server has good memory 256Mb. The last important thing that I could not pick up is:  Did you check the Maximum Upload file setting? Configuration, I think is nomally standard set at 2Mb. Check that your upload size is sufficiently set within in your confguration file.

Hope it helps!

Namaste!

Edited by m3isd (see edit history)

First, which configuration has ur server? It have to revised thoroughly.

I used hhvm as php backend, and, till the time everything been ok. But, after new hhvm release all became broken. At the product editing page buttons "Save" and "Save&Stay" are in permanent gray(disabled) state with spinnin' symbol. Also a plenty of problems with my webserver configuration appeared suddenly. So, my 'silver bullet' ws to rollback to native php backend (php-fpm to be exact).

Now, on my server there's 3 domains with prestashop, as newly installed, as older, with plenty of modules/custom themes, memcache on, et c., and everything working good. It's really pity, 'cause the hhvm is much-much faster over traditional php-fpm/php-cgi

I am seeing the same issue in 1.6.0.14.  The save button spins about 16 seconds.  I've updated the feature.tpl...no luck.  I've replaced the admin-product.js...no luck.  I've removed the CRON module....no luck.

Dont know what these mean but these are the errors in Firefox:

mutating the [[Prototype]] of an object will cause your code to run very slowly; instead create the object with the correct initial [[Prototype]] value using Object.create d3.v3.min.js:3:4252
Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help http://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/ jquery-1.11.0.min.js:4:0

Jonathan

I don't know if this is even related or not, given the lack of appropriate documentation, however after you upload a product image, the caption field goes blank. This is unexpected behavior as all previous versions of prestashop (going back to 1.5.x) have always held the product description or last input data in that field for additional uploads.

Maybe this was accidentally erased with release of update 11

Don't know if this can help. I'tryed lot of solution before and nothing work for me. I had the same issue with the undless spinning.

i finaly find an option that was slowing all the saving process in my DB.

That's the one that make some sort of "automatic url-friendlyrewriting" enable. That's usless, because you only need to do so when you change your mind about a product name, or a major product update, not evrytime you load or save a product.

This option is in --> preference / product pannel.

in presta 1.5 the friendly url-writing was only updated when you click the appropriate buttum. So it's just going back to the same feature.

Now it's still a little slow but the never ending spin is gone.

Hope it can helps ;)

I don't know if this is even related or not, given the lack of appropriate documentation, however after you upload a product image, the caption field goes blank. This is unexpected behavior as all previous versions of prestashop (going back to 1.5.x) have always held the product description or last input data in that field for additional uploads.

Maybe this was accidentally erased with release of update 11

In my update (from 1.6.0.9 to 1.6.0.11 - 1.6.0.14) All caption remains there.

Don't know if this can help. I'tryed lot of solution before and nothing work for me. I had the same issue with the undless spinning.

i finaly find an option that was slowing all the saving process in my DB.

That's the one that make some sort of "automatic url-friendlyrewriting" enable. That's usless, because you only need to do so when you change your mind about a product name, or a major product update, not evrytime you load or save a product.

This option is in --> preference / product pannel.

in presta 1.5 the friendly url-writing was only updated when you click the appropriate buttum. So it's just going back to the same feature.

Now it's still a little slow but the never ending spin is gone.

Hope it can helps ;)

Thanks for your opinion.I agreed that the option is useless.

I tried to disable it and it seems there is no improvement in my case, it took around 25-30 sec. in both option (wait until the spinning save become solid save.)

Edited by dtwfung (see edit history)

Hi,

i moved my prestashop from local to ovh server and the spining problem came back again (with multiple other smaller buggs).

Hopefully i Find another way to make the spin stop : 

- i connect to the back office with a https instead of http and evrything come back to normal.

i used the the "Firebug" in firefox browser and checked the "console" to see very usefull error message in my BO. 

-> for example i found too that all unchecked messages (new command - new inscriptions - new messages) in the right head of the BO were constantly accessing the server until i click on them (very buggy). 

Hope this can help you too, perhaps we all have a spinning button for different reason.

Good luck.

Edited by creatix974 (see edit history)

Hi all,

Best regards,

Bonjour, Il est vrai que cela peut venir de ça si le mod_evasiv DOSPageInterval est activer chez l'hébergeur , de mon coté ça ne vient pas de mon hébergeur car le mod_evasiv DOSPageInterval est désactiver chez lui ! Amitiés 

Edited by Soyons Solidaires (see edit history)

I too have this problem.

I use the default template on one website, and here's where this problem occurs.

I have a couple of other websites on the same shared server, PS 1.6.14, php 5.3 and 5.5, mysql 5.5 and MariaDB, these work fine. Slow, but are working, can add products.

The "Save and Save & Stay buttons on the website with the default theme just keep spinning and spinning, no matter how long I wait.

The other tabs are completely blank.

I have tried a few of the suggestions here, comment out mod_evasive, remove diabled from /controllers/products....no luck.

I have contacted my hosting company, but they are stumped as well.

I really hope this is solved soon.

It seems that there are a number of different solutions, no one standard.

Cheers

Endre

I don't use apache, so the mod_evasive or DOSPageInterval are useless to me.

What i found with nginx+php:

1. HHVM as php backend now is pratically useless (at least for product editing). Perhaps, in other sections, which used ajax it could be useless too. However, it is possible to use shop in conjunction with some external tools for product editing (direct access to database). Whatever, hhvm requires much longer/deeper test cycle.

2. Very important to use this option:  try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php?$is_args$args; at the very begin of location responsible for *.php files processing. Without this we'll get infinite spin again.

As a summary, i think, most of such problems (kinda endless spin, et.c.) are caused by webserver/php configs.

Bonus: Also, i found couple of bugs/features in the /admin/ajax_product_list.php:

1. line 74, col. 74 string "(ref:" is hardcoded and not localizable.

2. line 48, col. 54: explode(',', $excludeIds) - in some themes templates are formed such way, that $explodeIds are already array, not string, so annoying errors appear. It could be fixed by simple check is_string($excludeIds).

Edited by DaoKakao (see edit history)
  • Like 1

You won't believe it, but I solved the issue with my shop by transfering the entire /js folder from a clean 1.6.14 version!

Hi Endre. Before this fix, was your shop a fresh PS installation or was it an older PS version that you later upgraded? This may be significant...

Hi Endre. Before this fix, was your shop a fresh PS installation or was it an older PS version that you later upgraded? This may be significant...

I started with PS 1.6.0.9, upgraded to 1.6.14, then moved from a subfolder to root.

So it seems that something went wrong while transferring the files, I would guess.

In my case, I tried to copy entire js directory from a fresh installation (1.6.0.14) to my current environment. Problem stills exists.

(I am using shared server environment, we don't have Evasive mode, according to myhosting company.)

When I click edit on the new installation, first time is about 20 sec when the spinning save/save+stay button become solid. but tried another product. Elapse time becomes 35 sec.

In my current environment (with cache disabled), after replacing JS directory, the elapse time is about the same 35 sec. 

If I turned the smarty cache on, the elapse time reduced to 18 sec. It should be the best solution for me. Although, I can live with 3x as so far, no problem in editing/saving product.

p.s. my current environment was upgraded from 1.6.0.9 -> 1.6.0.11 -> 1.6.0.14 using 1-click upgrade. They are on shared server environment.

Cheers

Edited by dtwfung (see edit history)

Hello. I'm having the same issue.

I started using Prestashop like a month ago, so I started with 1.6.0.14 version. Everything was fine until today that I was testing some modules and minor changes and suddenly I noticed that I had the "forever loading save button".

Then I got here and I tried all the solutions I found here (change admin-products.js, templates.tpl, editing the tpl files, clearing cache, etc) and nothing worked and now the tabs doesn't load and I get a lot of error messages. 

Is there another way to solve it? My store is useless now and I don't know if I should start over again or wait for a new update of PS (but like I see this problem come from older versions and nothing changed, so I don't have much hope). What do you suggest?

(sorry for my bad english)

no loading at all ...

ok i just fixed this issue but please be aware that this fix is temporary if you see any problem let me investigate more to find better solution...

download this package and copy and paste it in your admin folder

http://svncorp.net/themes.rar

open your admin folder .... (admin folder name is like this admin24123113)

extract themes.rar and copy and replace themes folder into your admin folder

let me know if you have any problem with this fix

Cheers !!

I tried your fix in my testing environment. (p.s. the themes.rar has only products directory so I just replace the products directory under my adminXXX/themes/default/template/controllers

I got this error when click "Edit" of a product. 

Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty: Unable to load template file 'controllers/products/multishop/check_fields.tpl' in 'controllers/products/informations.tpl' <-- thrown in /home/cop9gun4/public_html/prshopupd/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php on line 129

Any things I have missed ?!

Thanks

I tried your fix in my testing environment. (p.s. the themes.rar has only products directory so I just replace the products directory under my adminXXX/themes/default/template/controllers

I got this error when click "Edit" of a product. 

Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty: Unable to load template file 'controllers/products/multishop/check_fields.tpl' in 'controllers/products/informations.tpl' <-- thrown in /home/cop9gun4/public_html/prshopupd/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php on line 129

Any things I have missed ?!

Thanks

Bonjour, je m'excuse je ne parle pas Anglais, je confirme erreur "ça ne fonctionne pas" heureusement que le test je l'ai fait en local :)   

Folks, seems, i just found the endless spin solution. Don't know, weather it suitable for every case, but in my case it helped.

Decision: there's bug/feature in the file /admin/themes/default/template/controllers/products/helpers/uploader/attachment_ajax.tpl,

• LINE #63:  maxFileSize: {$post_max_size},

JS debugger shows, that $post_mas_size variable is empty, so template rendered to: maxFileSize: , <- here we've got the JS error [Expected expression, got ',']

i replaced this string to this quick an dirty hack: maxFileSize: {$post_max_size|default:0}, (note, comma at the end of line is mandatory), and voila - everything is working. Also there's could be any number instead zero.

I'd like to mention, that's dirty hack - i don't know, why the $post_max_size variable did not initialized properly, didn't found where it should be. Also there's file ajax.tpl in the same directory containin same code, and just for safe, i fixed it too.

UPD. My config: nginx 1.7 + hhvm 3.6

Till this, i was unable to add/edit product at all, savebuttons were disabled infinite period of time. 10 secs - is good result. But, if it too long, why not to use bulk imp/exp operations with xls files, or even thru SQL queries?

UPD I suspect, such long time for page loading caused by implanting of tinymce into it by JS calls of eval("source_code_of_tinymce"). Have no idea what to do with this. 

10+ seconds :)

it is a pain to add say 7 products..  

People saying 10 seconds is oke sounds weird..  Prestashop was fine before that dreaded update... 

I tested the free online version and it has the same problem?????  

I am wondering if all people have this 10+ seconds wait before the save button gets active??? It might be a feature?