Huge problem: in orders I see demo products

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry for my english but I need a quick answer and italian community is quite slow ;)

I have a huge problem which I had not realized before the first order today.

when I open the order in back office (to see all informations about it) there are:

two couriers (I set up only 1) , the second seems to be the one we see after 1st installation

some products in the list of purchased items taken from the examples (from first installation too)

( I attach screens )

what can I do????

thank you all

post-782488-0-45756100-1412085620_thumb.pngpost-782488-0-09948700-1412085623_thumb.png

If I understand your query correctly you just need to delete the default carrier. See Shipping > Carriers then delete the unwanted carrier. You are seeing two different carriers for the order because two different orders were placed.

Marty Shue

I have only two options in shipping: pick up in shop and nexive (the right courier). "my carrier" (as seen on the screenshot) doesn't exist!  :wacko:

also  you can clear demo products using module clean 

I cleared them manually when I installed PS...

maybe I can check better with that module, but these products don't exist in my catalogue..

can you provide link in front office where these ghost products are?  or are they just in back office?

tip: never/ever use cleaners to clear out demo data...simply cancel the orders/disable products/categories.  so says el.

hi el patron 

I can't give you a link because they are not visible, not in front office and even in back office!

I mean

If I try to search them in my catalogue ( manually or using the search bar doesn't matter) they don't exist.

They appear only in order resume, as you can see in my screenshot.

The same for "my carrier".

Ghosts in my poor shop! 

hi el patron 

I can't give you a link because they are not visible, not in front office and even in back office!

I mean

If I try to search them in my catalogue ( manually or using the search bar doesn't matter) they don't exist.

They appear only in order resume, as you can see in my screenshot.

The same for "my carrier".

Ghosts in my poor shop! 

yes, you will not be the first to create ghosts with deletion...one delete and these issue crop up...very difficult to solve.

what I would really worry about is another manifestation deletions create, adding ghost products to visitors cart...unless you have this issue we can downgrade 'huge' to 'minor'.  if you don't get this issue then thank your lucky stars.

personally if it's not issue in front office, and you do not see products when view = 'enabled' only, I'd not worry about it.

is the 'ghost' carrier showing up in front office?

btw: fun video I sent to my good Italian friend nemo1. 

by latest grand daughter likes it as well...

I have only two options in shipping: pick up in shop and nexive (the right courier). "my carrier" (as seen on the screenshot) doesn't exist!  :wacko:

But it will continue to be seen in the BO (Orders) because it is associated with that particular order. If it is not listed under Carriers then no future orders will be placed with it.

Marty Shue

• Like 1

yes, you will not be the first to create ghosts with deletion...one delete and these issue crop up...very difficult to solve.

what I would really worry about is another manifestation deletions create, adding ghost products to visitors cart...unless you have this issue we can downgrade 'huge' to 'minor'.  if you don't get this issue then thank your lucky stars.

personally if it's not issue in front office, and you do not see products when view = 'enabled' only, I'd not worry about it.

is the 'ghost' carrier showing up in front office?

btw: fun video I sent to my good Italian friend nemo1. 

by latest grand daughter likes it as well...

No, in front office everything is ok... but all documents (invoice, bill, etc) are wrong. This is very unhandy.

But I didn't use module to clear... I manually delete demo custom/order/products... so why do I have to cohabit with this?  <_<

no, the ghost carrier is shown ONLY in that order (and in those following, I've tryied...)

I'll see it  :)

But it will continue to be seen in the BO (Orders) because it is associated with that particular order. If it is not listed under Carriers then no future orders will be placed with it.

Marty Shue

...unfortunately you're wrong.

The ghost carrier doesn't exist since my first installation. It can't be associated with an order made today. 

Furthermore, it appears in every following order... 

Edited by Serina (see edit history)

No, in front office everything is ok... but all documents (invoice, bill, etc) are wrong. This is very unhandy.

But I didn't use module to clear... I manually delete demo custom/order/products... so why do I have to cohabit with this?  <_<

Simply put, because you failed to clean up everything

• Like 1

I had an Epiphany tonight:

I have not delete demo data

I've only choose "no" in demo modality.

Could this be the problem?

how can I solve it? (I found some ways but everyone should have been made with an empty catalogue, at the very beginning of all)

If I'm not mistaken, the demo mode "on/off" switch in the main Dashboard page just creates some demo statistical data, to showcase the new graphs in that page.

When switched to OFF, it does not delete the demo products, categories and orders that are created in a new PrestaShop installation. You should do this yourself, either manually (cancel demo orders, then delete products and categories) or by using the PS cleaner module.

Edited by parsifal (see edit history)

When switched to OFF, it does not delete the demo products, categories and orders that are created in a new PrestaShop installation. You should do this yourself, either manually (cancel demo orders, then delete products and categories) or by using the PS cleaner module.

Ok, so this MUST be the problem.

The question now is:

is it possible to use the cleaner module when the catalogue is not empty? :wacko:

If you have already added some products and categories, it would be best not to use the module, instead do it manually. It isn't that difficult, the demo orders, categories and products are not that many. You must do the following steps in this order:

1. Locate all orders that contain demo products and change their status to "Canceled"

2. Locate the demo products (you can search by Reference, they all start with the string "demo_") and delete them

3. Delete the demo categories

Edited by parsifal (see edit history)

If you have already added some products and categories, it would be best not to use the module, instead do it manually. It isn't that difficult, the demo orders, categories and products are not that many. You must do the following steps in this order:

1. Locate all orders that contain demo products and change their status to "Canceled"

2. Locate the demo products (you can search by Reference, they all start with the string "demo_") and delete them

3. Delete the demo categories

This will be a problem since I can't see those products nowhere.

Only in the resume of the order.

that's why we call them ghost...

Is it possible that a manual cancellation (made after installation) leave something in database?

I really can't understand...

In post #12 you stated that you hadn't deleted the demo products after all, you just switched the "demo switch" to OFF. I'm also confused. :-\

Is there any chance you are using a filter in your catalog view (Catalog -> Products) ? Check if there is a "Reset" button and click it:

post-420007-0-47914100-1412157000_thumb.png

In post #12 you stated that you hadn't deleted the demo products after all, you just switched the "demo switch" to OFF. I'm also confused. :-\

Is there any chance you are using a filter in your catalog view (Catalog -> Products) ? Check if there is a "Reset" button and click it:

attachicon.gifprestashop-reset-catalog-view.png

I'm sorry I'm a basket case :(

I mean that I deleted them only manually in BO, without touching the database. I don't know if some

no chance unfortunately ... They are visible ONLY in the orer. and the courier too.

I have an insane idea ( I do not know what to think ... ) Could some pieces of data be left stored in database for some strange reason?

you are not listening to us.  You deleted orders using a method that is not supported.  It only deletes information from the main ps_orders table which will hide it from your order list, but it does not delete everything else.  That is why people are referring to these ghost records.

Now you need to go into your database using phpmyadmin and go through every single database table and locate those ghost records and delete them.  (Make a database backup first so you can restore if you mess up)

• Like 1

you are not listening to us. You deleted orders using a method that is not supported. It only deletes information from the main ps_orders table which will hide it from your order list, but it does not delete everything else. That is why people are referring to these ghost records.

Now you need to go into your database using phpmyadmin and go through every single database table and locate those ghost records and delete them. (Make a database backup first so you can restore if you mess up)

Ok, believe me, I was trying to say exactly the same thing :)

I'm a ghostbuster :D

I hope to find them..

Thank you all :)

Correct. Which is exactly what I told her in one of the first posts in this thread. I was quickly told I was "wrong" :(

Perhaps she will listen to your sound advice Bellini13.

Marty Shue

Marty I'm sorry..

I don't speak or write English very well and I even can't understand and explain what is happening in Italian , imagine in English :D

I told you were wrong because I understand this from your post:

1.Those products and that courier were existing while my first order arrived so they appeared there

2. Then you deleted them

3. So they will never appear again.

This is not true because I deleted them (manually) 3 months ago...

But surely you were trying to explain me something different and I didn't understand you, I'm sorry :(

that would help in future orders, but does not cleanup the data of orders already created

Only a single order with non existent items is absolutely bearable .. so if the future is safe I avoid losing sight sailing in the database tables :D

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem (I delete manualy demo products, orders, categories etc...) and when i place an order it appears with ramdom demo products.

So i thought the problem was that the ID number with the orders in the database, somehow interferes with the demo data. Therefore, after ID 5 on the orders table, should be no more interferences.

My solution *Quick fix* was simple> Create 5 orders and cancel them *not delete them*. After the 6th order, there are no more ramdom demo products.... and its working like a charm... yet.

Greetings my fellow prestashopers

• Like 2