Support problem

jontobey

UPDATE: You can read the whole sordid thread below, but if you really need help with Prestashop, I suggest going directly to  Lesley Paone @ dh42.com. ([email protected]). He answers the phone and did for free in a few minutes something Prestashop wouldn't even bid or start on until I'd purchased a minimum $399 contract, which they burned through to no effect. I'm not saying this to cut Prestashop out, they referred me to Lesley after they could not help me. The contradiction in experiences was marked. I love this guy and would not have been able to launch my site without him.

After not getting my questions answered here or anywhere else, I paid for support. Then I filled out a ticket. But since the ticket was not submitted during business hours, it was automatically closed and cancelled.
I cannot even image a system where you have to submit a ticket during certain hours, but it does seem entirely consistent with some of the "logic" this platform uses.

Edited by jontobey (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hello jontobey,

I'm really sorry about your misadventure! That is not normal, our system shouldn't reject tickets, even if they are sent outside of working hours, that might have been a technical problem.

Could you post me your Addons Id or send me your email address in private so I can take a look to see if it was sent anyway? 

Thanks a lot!

That would be great because I refiled the ticket and aside from a very cryptic email yesterday that did not help, I have heard nothing and it would be great to get some  progress on this before I lose the weekend.

And PS this is the paid support...

If any of you are thinking of paying for support this is the 2nd answer I got, after filling out the form in detail, sending 3 screenshots, and asking the question in 3 different ways:

"

Hi Jon,

I checked this issue with PrestaShop core developers, this how it is set, you can get in touch with your account manager to find the module that can help you for this stock transfer from the products locally set quantities to the advanced stock management.

Regards,
"

This is, I'm sorry, complete gibberish. If I'm paying for support and ask a specific question could somebody please take the time to read and answer the question?  I don't want to buy, yet another, module I want stock management to work. I've already spent close to $1000 on modules that don't work because stock management isn't working.

Hello Jontobey,

Sorry about that, I couldn't find your ticket in our database. You can also contact our support team by email at support(at)prestashop.com. 

How did you contact our team, on the Addons website or the PrestaShop website? 

Thanks for the details!

Hello,

Thanks a lot. This website is our US support website, and Indeed, you cannot submit a ticket outside of the business hours, otherwise it will be automaticvally closed. Could you please resend it beetween 9:00 am and 17:00 PM ? A member of our team will take a look at it.

Thanks a lot for your comprehension.

Could you please resend it beetween 9:00 am and 17:00 PM

what timezone is that?  what if the person submitting the ticket does not reside in this timezone, and it is 3am for them?  why not accept the ticket during non business hours and assign to someone to review during business hours?

Hi, 

It's the US timezone, and we checked jontobey's account he lives in that timezone too. The system doesn't allow tickets outside the business hours, and I agree on the fact that it needs to be adjusted, our team is aware of this and is working on it :). Thanks for your feedback!

It simply doesn't make sense to require a ticket during working hours. Especially when I'm paying for help. Especially when there is no notification anywhere that the ticket you are filling out in infinite detail because you are never going to talk to this person is going to get automatically trashed.

It simply doesn't make sense to require a ticket during working hours. Especially when I'm paying for help. Especially when there is no notification anywhere that the ticket you are filling out in infinite detail because you are never going to talk to this person is going to get automatically trashed.

Good point about the notification. We changed the ticket system for only working hours because we were getting too many after-hour support tickets and subsequent complaints. The time to submit tickets is 9AM-5PM EST . That means if you live in California, you have from 6AM -2PM to submit a ticket. This is a new initiative and of course feedback is welcome.

I agree that something should be better communicated so you don't waste time creating a detailed ticket.  

does this ticket system only support US customers?  what if the customer if non-US?

if you restrict from 9-5, then why allow the submission only for it to be immediately closed?  why not disable the ticket system completely, and show it is offline?

@bellini They are using freshdesk it looks like by the email address above. I don't think it has a turn off option. But on thing it does have is this http://screencast.com/t/a180WRaIfDnk  You can add a rule that if someone contacts you after hours, you can send them a message that says something like "We are currently closed, our hours are from xx to xx Monday - Friday. We will address your ticket first thing in the morning,"

This is how ideally it should be handled in my opinion. 

Hi,

Okay so there is some confusion. There is a message that comes when you send a ticket after hours. It's the standard message saying that it is after-hours and we will open it during normal business hours.

So, there is a notification. 

Also, the ticket is closed automatically but it is not lost, so there is no time wasted by sending the ticket.

It's automatically closed, and reopened during normal business hours, all of this is communicated in the message notification after the ticket was sent. 

That is not the message I recieved and even Samya above noted she could not find my ticket.

Tickets are cancelled and must be resubmitted.

Hi, I'm sorry that was my mistake. The ticket is closed but not lost, you can still view the closed tickets to resubmit them during normal business hours. All of this is explained to you. It's not the best solution and we know that it will improve with time. That is the way it is right now. There were multiple problems we encountered with clients and overall management when tickets were able to be submitted at all times in the evening and weekend. 

Now I'm being charged to fix a known bug in 1.5, which would be free to fix in 1.6, which I would upgrade to except the software is not upgradeable. There goes another $400 thrown away on "free software" just to get my site running to the point where I can replace it with something that actually works.

BTW, this "bug" is that my shipping suddenly evaporated. Gone. Overnight. And, I have to pay to fix that. And even thought it's a known bug and I filed the ticket on Sunday, oops Monday, I might get it fixed today, Friday.

I have to say that if you are extorting me to fix things you have designed incorrectly that it would be nice if you could do it a little faster.

Was it a bug or a configuration error? For warehousing to work you have to move the stock to the warehouse and enable the shipping method from the warehouse. If you don't do that, carriers will not show during the checkout process.