Using SMTP to send emails

Hello, I try to configure email settings to use it with a SMTP server.

Mail domain name: BLANK
SMTP server: MY SSL SMTP SERVER/ my unencryped  SMTP server
SMTP user: my email address
SMTP password: my email password
Encryption: SSL (tryed with ssl, tls and none)
Port: SSL/Non SSL port

I tryed all varinats and seems to not work.
I enabled debug in defines.inc.php and there is no error in front or back office.

"A test email has been sent to the email address you provided."
but never received.

Today I overridden all files with the archive original prestashop 1.5.6.2 and nothing

I just have noticed if I define a SSL SMTP server and add SSL port, in the server configuration file is not updated. (I marked with red)
Server information
Server information: Linux #1 SMP Sat Jun 7 08:40:25 EDT 2014 x86_64
Server software version: Apache
PHP version: 5.3.28
Memory limit: 128M
Max execution time: 30
Database information
MySQL version: 5.5.36-cll
MySQL engine: InnoDB
Tables prefix: ps_
Store information
PrestaShop version: 1.5.6.2
Current theme in use: theme761
Mail configuration
Mail method: You are using your own SMTP parameters.
SMTP server: mail.electroplus.co.uk
SMTP user: Defined
SMTP password: Defined
Encryption: off
Port: 587
Your information
Your web browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/35.0.1916.153 Safari/537.36

Check your configuration
Required parameters: OK
Optional parameters: Please fix the following error(s)
magicquotes
Edited by silviu_25 (see edit history)

well lets start with the information that the SMTP provided tells you to use.  Most likely you should be using encryption of some sort, with a defined port number.

Did you contact them to confirm what information you are supposed to use?

Also when you entered the information in the back office, did you hit save before trying to perform the test?

Lastly, when you hit send for the test, did you receive an error?  If you did not receive an error, then you should probably contact the SMTP provider to request them to track the email.  If they accepted it, then it is their responsibility to deliver it.

Now I tried to "Use PHP mail() function. Recommended; works in most cases" and I get:

Error: Please check your configuration

Notice: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Error at offset 34646 of 98304 bytes in /home/elect873/public_html/classes/cache/CacheFs.php on line 70
ok

Even if I use these settings:

Secure SSL/TLS Settings
(Recommended)

Username: [email protected] Password: Use the email account’s password. Incoming Server: hp87.hostpapa.com

• IMAP Port: 993
  • POP3 Port: 995

Outgoing Server: hp87.hostpapa.com

• SMTP Port: 465
Authentication is required for IMAP, POP3, and SMTP.

in prestashop Configuration Information appear as:

Mail configuration

Mail method: You are using your own SMTP parameters.

SMTP server: mail.electroplus.co.uk

SMTP user: Defined

SMTP password: Defined

Encryption: off

Port: 587

so somehow settings are not updated

I cleaned Smarty cache and now I get:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Shop::initialize() in /home/elect873/public_html/config/config.inc.php on line 95

:(

How did you clean the smarty cache?  Did you physically delete the files and folders?

How did you clean the smarty cache?  Did you physically delete the files and folders?

No, In Advanced Parameters > Performance > Clear Smarty cache & Autoload cache

Other error encountered:

Error: Please check your configuration Notice: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Error at offset 8191 of 8192 bytes in /home/elect873/public_html/classes/cache/CacheFs.php on line 40 ok

Strict Standards: Declaration of Dispatcher::loadRoutes() should be compatible with that of DispatcherCore::loadRoutes() in /home/elect873/public_html/override/classes/Dispatcher.php on line 16

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/elect873/public_html/override/classes/Dispatcher.php:16) in /home/elect873/public_html/classes/Tools.php on line 141

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare pSQL() (previously declared in /home/elect873/public_html/config/alias.php:59) in /home/elect873/public_html/classes/Db.php on line 320

In log folder I have this file: 20140708_exception.log

In this file I have:

*ERROR*     2014/07/08 - 10:07:15: Table 'elect873_149.ps_prestafraud_carts' doesn't exist<br /><br /><pre>

SELECT `id_cart`

FROM ps_prestafraud_carts

WHERE id_cart = 12582 LIMIT 1</pre> at line 613 in file classes/db/Db.php

*ERROR*     2014/07/08 - 10:22:15: Table 'elect873_149.ps_prestafraud_carts' doesn't exist<br /><br /><pre>

SELECT `id_cart`

WHERE id_cart = 12583 LIMIT 1</pre> at line 613 in file classes/db/Db.php

*ERROR*     2014/07/08 - 10:37:24: Table 'elect873_149.ps_prestafraud_carts' doesn't exist<br /><br /><pre>

SELECT `id_cart`

WHERE id_cart = 12584 LIMIT 1</pre> at line 613 in file classes/db/Db.php

I am thinking to delete all files, upload a new installed prestashop from my localhost and keep database

But I am not shure what folders should I keep from old installation. I know about img, modules, template and settings.inc.php from config folder.

Should I keep any other files/folder ?

• 3 years later...

Hi 

Many users use Cpanel without have access to WHM.

CPanel / WHM have a option to block smtp.

This feature prevents users from bypassing the mail server to send mail, a common practice used by spammers. 

If you have  access to WHM turns off this feature (SMTP Restrictions)(Picture Attached)

If you dont have access to WHM contact your hosting provider.

Screenshot_1.png

Edited by luisleitaoaudio (see edit history)