connected to gamification.prestashop.com ?

Hello ,

The site was ok and suddenly…   it is so slow to manage !!

on Presta 1.6 and in the BO

Each time i want to work on customers's page, orders 's page or products's page in B0, the soft run and run … and it takes quite 1 mn to see the page…

during this time , i can see :   …waiting for gamification.prestashop.com  and …connected to gamification.prestashop.com

Someone with an idea or the solution that bring me back the normal Presta 1.6 ???

Thank you so much

• Like 1

Hello Paul

Thaks for your idea…  but it has no effect on the problem

The stange thing is that the modules list comes quickly but not products, orders or customers lists

this is why i was wondering at a bdd problem ,  but at the same time, it always finally comes,  very very and too slow but it comes

i wish i had not to reinstall the soft :)

Sorry for the inconvenience guys, it's fixed now. Can you confirm that everything is back to normal on your shops?

Our dedicated server for gamification had some issues with memory shortage. Maintenance was done and we added a truckload of memory so that this kind of slowness never happens again.

Have a great one!

• Like 1

Sorry for the inconvenience guys, it's fixed now. Can you confirm that everything is back to normal on your shops?

Our dedicated server for gamification had some issues with memory shortage. Maintenance was done and we added a truckload of memory so that this kind of slowness never happens again.

Have a great one!

Thanks a lot. You guys are amazing!

• Like 1

hello ,

so much time to try to understand and imagine anything but a prestashop website problem…

but thank you for the info because i know now it can comes from prestashop website.

Isn't it possible to have a solution in next version without this permanent link with presta website ???

sincerely

• 5 weeks later...

Translation: 

So I would also welcome if this query can be switched off or better completely omitted in future versions. Today I have observed the problem with the current version 1.6.0.6 with the translations in BO. I would prefer if my store not phoned home.

Original Text:

Also ich würde es ebenfalls begrüßen wenn diese Abfrage abgeschaltet werden kann oder besser in zukünftigen Versionen völlig unterbleibt. Ich habe das Problem mit der aktuellen Version 1.6.0.6 heute bei den Übersetzungen im BO beobachtet. Mir wäre es lieber wenn mein Shop überhaupt nicht nach Hause telefoniert.

Martin

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...

This is still an issue at the end of 2017. I highly recommend disabling the Merchant Expertise module even before this becomes an issue. It took us almost 2 minutes to get to our products page on backend because it was waiting for gamification.prestashop.com. 

• Like 1

use gamification module if you want Prestashop to track most things occurring in your store.  and if you do, then realize that your store is constantly communicating to Prestashop back end servers and when their servers are offline or slow, then your store will also be slow.

• Like 2

Same problem here right now. I already disabled the module, but I will uninstall and delete it completely as soon as I can login into the backoffice!

I'm really disappointed about this inconvenience, I think PS developers should warn about the fact that this module will try to connect to another domain.

gamification is certainly an issue, since it communicates back to Prestashop servers.  However this is not the only place where Prestashop 'calls home'.

In order to advertise to you in the modules and themes pages in your back office, many calls are made to Prestashop servers. 

Also, to support purchases on the addons store, and also to provide you with module updates, and PS addon store updates, your store is constantly communicating with their servers.  And again, if their servers are offline or slow, then you store will be slow.