How many Shop Sucessfully Upgrade 1.5.X to 1.6 ?

johnme

I have upgraded quite successfully!

Ok so its taken some time to learn how to do certain thins with regards to finding my way around. That's because its new and we don't have the fantastic 101 tutorials from Nemo to lean back on.

I have nearly finished my site just got a few more tweeks to get it looking how I want it and already it feels more modern and up to date.

Good luck.

Lee

www.gr8-kitchenware.co.uk

Hello Prestashop users . i want to know How many Shop Sucessfully Upgrade 1.5.X to 1.6  ?

It is working perfectly after upgradde from 1.5.X to 1.6 ?

looking for user feedback ..

Well... I try in test update.. Have issue create new products . Some functions are not.. Module page blank ..

Better not to update on production site.. Do not want to make site in maintenance mode..

I have updated three sites successfully. I would say each one has taken a couple of days to sort out. Not specific problems as such, more just fiddling, deciding which modules need to go where etc - learning the ropes

www.shackles-r-us.co.uk

www.graphskill.co.uk

www.u-bolts-r-us.co.uk

For us,  i did not want all the extra slides so switched those off straight away. Still have a lot of fiddling to do, but we are up and running

Now this may be a total co-incidence, but one of our sites (shackles-r-us) is fairly new and only gets about 1 order per week. Since the upgrade we have had 6 orders in the week. I think customers have faith in a modern looking shop front

I have upgraded to sites so far and have encountered minor issues, which I have been able to rectify with a little amount of work. I must say that most of these issues have been dues to incompatible legacy modules, and not due to Prestashop 1.6.

Here is one that is now live and running: www.tinabucknall.co.uk/

Of course, I am not departing too far from the original theme while making my first efforts at updating. Once I have the hang of the new system, then I will be a bit more adventurous.

Simply uninstalling modules that are incompatible with 1.6 PRIOR to updating, does make the whole process a lot easier.

Edited by Yngvi (see edit history)
  • Like 1

wow. im sorry but i cant read anywhere PS1.6 is a beta, dont you should encourage the upgrade?

Agreed, 1.6 is not beta and I believe works just about perfectly on a fresh install. Upgrading anything is going to be more problematic especially when you have 3rd party modules and mods installed

I doubt anything could upgrade every possible variation of users modules and themes without one or two isues

For us it's very simply: As long as our customers (PrestaShop merchants) cannot use their (modified) template on 1.6, they will not update...unless they have to because 1.5 no longer runs on their hosting environment. I think with 1.5 we will have the Windows XP problem, where a large portion of merchants never update to a newer version because 1.5.6.2 is really good and an update without issues not possible.

Hi there, our shop just got updated to PS 1.6 and it is seem to be ok with that new version. Just can't fix the problem with Facebook block on home page yet but we are working on it.

Here are the link www.freya-aromati.com  :)

Don;t want to hijack this thread, about the facebook block, try reset, uninstall / install and upgrade to new version. the URL needs the full URL, not jsut hte facebook page name

Upgraded form 5.2 to 5.6 to 6.1 -just a few issues. I am still working on appearance, somehow logo image is being resized and haven't figured out how to fix it yet. Got locked out of bo with some admin issue - had to change pswd in database. The one click update worked amazingly well - anything that doesn't end up in days of product data entry is a smooth update - Thanks for such a good transition!

Steve

Upgraded form 5.2 to 5.6 to 6.1 -just a few issues. I am still working on appearance, somehow logo image is being resized and haven't figured out how to fix it yet. Got locked out of bo with some admin issue - had to change pswd in database. The one click update worked amazingly well - anything that doesn't end up in days of product data entry is a smooth update - Thanks for such a good transition!

Steve

did you made the 64 modules upgrades after the PS 1.6 upgrade?

Steve

Do you use the new 1.6 template or your "old" 1.5?

Hey Guys/Gals,

I was just finishing set-up of 1.5 when the new 1.6 came out, and since I hadn't completed 1.5 all the way, I went ahead and started over, with the 1.6, and everything seemed fine, until I got the majority of the work done, and now my default 1.6 theme seems to be MIA.

What I would like to know is there an easy way to keep all the data, ie database back-up, and then revert back to 1.5?

and then re-upload the database?

I'm really not wanting to start from scratch.

At first it was just consuming way to much disc space,  figured out it was the cache, then it was just running horribly slow, so I changed hosting companies and re-built it (re-installing all the data).

Now, I just don't know what to do, I've spent far to many nights on this already...

Does anyone have one of those "easy buttons" like you see in the TV Commercials? lol 

well i upgraded and changed the permissions but i didnt solve and my paypal module (and who knows how many others) doest work.

I have to say, that I had no trouble at all with the paypal module, customer registration , or products quantity with the onme click upgrade.  I was amazed how well it went.  It is just nit picking theme & position adjustments, so i am looking for a crash course in css!