Money back for non compatible theme on my 1,5 PS

medvisek

I am really sorry to bother with this here but i sent to PS support 2x but no one never answered. I ordered Dark theme to my PS 1,5 version and it is not compatible. I asked money back and to my surprise no one respond. Thanks for help if is some possible.

Here are details of transaction.

For your records, here are your order details:

Order Number:

Date:

Method of Payment:

02/21/2014 20:09:04

PayPal

Product(s) Purchased:

Applied Discounts:

Total Price:

36,00 €

0,00 €

36,00 €

Most likely your contact submission has gone directly to the theme author, and not Prestashop.  And it is the theme author that is ignoring it.

Now that the topic is in the addons forum, it should get some attention from the Prestashop team.

You could also try to live chat with addons sales, and request that the escalate

• Like 1

Most likely your contact submission has gone directly to the theme author, and not Prestashop.  And it is the theme author that is ignoring it.

Now that the topic is in the addons forum, it should get some attention from the Prestashop team.

You could also try to live chat with addons sales, and request that the escalate

I am surrprice that again no one react from PS team. Seems that if you pay that is good..... but if you cry for money back no one listen. I hope that it will be better soon

Thanks for help Here are details of transaction.

For your records, here are your order details:

Order Number: #188196
Date: 02/21/2014 20:09:04
Method of Payment: PayPal

Product(s) Purchased: 36,00 €
Applied Discounts: 0,00 €
Total Price: 36,00 €
  • Like 1

darktheme is listing in their item description that the theme is only for prestashop version 1.3 - 1.4.

2014-03-29_1312.png

So it's not a problem such as "item not as described" but rather a problem of "item description not read carefully enough"

It's actually a matter of courtesy if the seller is refunding you because they didn't do anything wrong. But nevertheless they should reply to your message.

• Like 1

darktheme is listing in their item description that the theme is only for prestashop version 1.3 - 1.4.

2014-03-29_1312.png

So it's not a problem such as "item not as described" but rather a problem of "item description not read carefully enough"

It's actually a matter of courtesy if the seller is refunding you because they didn't do anything wrong. But nevertheless they should reply to your message.

yes you are right and I agree, so I have to add some important information. Before I ordered this theme I asked online mrs. named Andrea and here is copy of our comunication (i made it during chat)

Andrea Ohayon

Advisor PrestaShop

Hi! How can I help?

Can i asked you ?

Yes ! How can I help you

I have new version of prestashop and.

i would like to use Darktheme templetes but..

there is that supported version of this is lower than i have PS

if it wont work...can i ask for return money??

Are you getting this template from our add on store?

yes

Oh okay well please make sure you like the look and feel of it and that it is compatible with the version you are using

thanks a lot Andrea and have a nice day...here is

yes you are right and I agree, so I have to add some important information. Before I ordered this theme I asked online mrs. named Andrea and here is copy of our comunication (i made it during chat)

Andrea Ohayon

Advisor PrestaShop

Hi! How can I help?

Can i asked you ?

Yes ! How can I help you

if it wont work...can i ask for return money??

Are you getting this template from our add on store?

yes

Oh okay well please make sure you like the look and feel of it and that it is compatible with the version you are using

thanks a lot Andrea and have a nice day...here is

You said in the chat that you want to use "darktheme templates". You can't expect the customer support to know all themes, their names and version compatibility. The customer support most likely understood that you want to use themes with a dark layout.

Anyway the important part of the chat is the last sentence "make sure ... that it is compatible with the version you are using"

This is the buyers responsibility to check the item description.

Anyway the important part of the chat is the last sentence "make sure ... that it is compatible with the version you are using"

I believe this is the key statement...  Her response was make sure it is compatible with the version you are using...  It is clearly not compatible

I believe this is the key statement...  Her response was make sure it is compatible with the version you are using...  It is clearly not compatible

ok now tell me, who to ask my money back because of mistake Andrea like PS support and her really bad advice to me.

I don't think Andrea made a mistake. Your questions to Andrea were not clear.

This reads as if you were looking for templates (plural) with a dark layout

It is very difficult to understand what you want to say here. The sentence is - sorry to say this - bad English. But reading your problem here it most likely means that you have read that the version isn't compatible with your current version of prestashop. Why did you buy it then? Didn't you believe the item description?

The customer service didn't tell you to buy the theme for getting a refund but she told you to check if the theme is compatible with the prestashop version.

make sure ... that it is compatible with the version you are using

This is a good advise, isn't it?

Edited by prestamax (see edit history)

So now is result this:  

You dont give me money back!  I newer buy in future nothing from Presta Shop because of this and your decision is so called BAD ADVERTISING to Prsta shop for future customers and now i have to share my experiences with a lot of my friends using also PS. So thanks for nothing and tell Andrea that she could ask customer for details if is not something clear to give them professional advice. Customers like me are of corse only users and we need help with our questions!

She gave you professional advise which was to check compatibility. If you are wise take it as lesson learned and read the next time before buying and believe it when the description says "not compatible with your version of prestashop". You have read the item description which clearly stated "compatible with 1.3 and 1.4" not with 1.5

Andrea advised you to check compatibility before buying.

So there is nobody to blame but you. I can understand that it is annoying to buy something that you cannot use but you knew this before buying. And now you are behaving as if others had recommended you to buy a theme that is not compatible with your version of prestashop which is definitely not the case. Maybe the seller is more willing to refund you if you tell them that YOU have made a mistake by buying the wrong theme and ask them politely if they are willing to accomodate you in this matter. The seller did nothing wrong, Andrea did nothing wrong, YOU bought a theme even though you have read that the theme is not compatible with your prestashop version.

Edited by prestamax (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Gratulation you won your little fight for Andrea and 36 euro is yours but PS in future will loose much much more money from side of customers because of this. All know that I am right and you only cover back to Andrea becuase she is your colleague. It is unproffesonal and your personal decision. Have nice day

regardless of who is giving you this response, you are failing to realize the mistake is yours, and you should own up for your mistake.

in the future, perhaps try saying, i made a mistake and purchased a theme that is not compatible with my version of Prestashop.  Then ask for a refund as a courtesy.  If they provide the refund, then great.  If they don't, then move on and accept the mistake

But don't try to blame other people for your mistake, and don't be rude to people trying to help you.

• Like 1

haloo is here someone form PS who can make some decision? deleted

Please be respectful to other community member opinions.  Thank you.

It is Monday allow the PS Team to get to this.

This is exactly why I suggested in the very beginning to just call credit card company and/or other means to dispute charge and move on. 

Happy Monday.

• 2 weeks later...

Our firm is very sorry to have bothered PS with our little problem. I understand that we can buy but when we need help with complaint so we can not and we are simply ignore!!!

So it is clear..... that the customer is only important when shopping. Thanks for nothing. We'll never buy anything from PS because of this experience and we will share this everyone around

Well well well a lot of agitation around here :)

I found your message on our contact form but apparently you didn't select the right category. Not a problem I moved it so our commercial team would see it.

Actually prestamax isn't entierly wrong. It is important that the customer must be careful about the information, especially the compatibility, before purchasing. However a mistake can always happen. The commercial team will certainly contact you back with a refund and redirect you to another theme compatible with your 1.5 so everybody is happy :)

If you don't have any answer today, let me know via private message (i can't follow the forum all the time ^^).

Have a good day !

• Like 1