ps 1,6 positions help

seow

Hi,

I just upgraded form 1.5.2 to 1.6.0 and everthing is messed up.

My right column has dissapeared completely

I have a facebook module thats on the left side of the website, i want to place it in the right column but i cant, even with live edit.

And my featured products show up double, 1time below the hometext block and 1 time above it.

how do i fix this?

The header logo has been resized to a very small logo, it used to cover the length of the site. why is this?

the bottom of the site has gone fubar... where can i fix this?

www.airsoftlipo.com/index.php is my url

thank you

Edited by seow (see edit history)

It look to me that your cart is shown lower because of the presence of the duplicate language selector.

Go to module position page in your BO and check that the language module is only hooked to displayHeader, this should solve two issues at once.

great thank you now thats 2 fixes!

what about my header logo that has shrunk? and the featured products that shows up double?

and where did my right colum go? :P i want to put some modules in there.

For featured products, check if you have it enabled in 2 positions

that is correct, it was enabled in 2 positions. i disabled the one in the displayhome but it still shows it... even after deleting my cache

you have home featured products attached to:

displayHomeTab

displayHomeTabContents

and this is for: [popular] + list of products below, like:

9QE81Lz.png

second block is attached to displayHome, and this is this blocK;

ItZOWpQ.png

decide which one you want to remove :) and then .... just unhook it from modules>positions tab from correct modules list

What is the problem?

I just upgraded form 1.5.2 to 1.6.0 and everthing is messed up.

My right column has dissapeared completely

I have a facebook module thats on the left side of the website, i want to place it in the right column but i cant, even with live edit.

And my featured products show up double, 1time below the hometext block and 1 time above it.

how do i fix this?

The header logo has been resized to a very small logo, it used to cover the length of the site. why is this?

the bottom of the site has gone fubar... where can i fix this?

www.airsoftlipo.com/index.php is my url

I don't see featured products twice but just once.

I can't help you with right column cause i didn't mess with that yet but i'm sure you can find some post about that on forum.

To put your facebook module to right you need to put something else there like that text on original template, or if you want that empty space and facebook on right open blockfacebook.tpl and change this:

<div id="facebook_block" class="col-xs-4">

to this:

<div id="facebook_block" class="col-xs-4 pull-right">

You have categories module in bottom, which i don't think you need cause you have one in left column.

You can remove that in BO > Modules > Positions

Don't know what else you need for footer and how it looked before

I don't see featured products twice but just once.

I can't help you with right column cause i didn't mess with that yet but i'm sure you can find some post about that on forum.

To put your facebook module to right you need to put something else there like that text on original template, or if you want that empty space and facebook on right open blockfacebook.tpl and change this:

<div id="facebook_block" class="col-xs-4">

to this:

<div id="facebook_block" class="col-xs-4 pull-right">

You have categories module in bottom, which i don't think you need cause you have one in left column.

You can remove that in BO > Modules > Positions

Don't know what else you need for footer and how it looked before

now it should show twice...that was because i unhooked it from display home.. but i cant seem to unhook the top part...

Hello, I have problem with facebook module also. I uninstalled it and installed again. Now it shows information correctly but the possition is wrong. It should be next to the CMS module in the left side. I tryed to change possition module before cms module, but it didn't help. Do someone know where to hook facebook to be next to the cms? My web is www.applessories.cz

Thank you

@ applessories Facebook block is by default in displayHome after Theme configurator and before Custom Cms Info block

Yes! Thank you very much. It helped. I have just one more question, do you know how to do it, to the block be in one line. I want to them looks like solid block. Not like every have another size.

• 6 months later...

I just updated to 1.609 and my header is messing with me again... how do i make it bigger and which paddings do i have to remove?

You could find the answer yourself if you look at your logo size and the size of the place where you want to put the logo. It's obvious that you can't put a logo with 1170px width at a place that is almost a third of the size, isn't it?

You could find the answer yourself if you look at your logo size and the size of the place where you want to put the logo. It's obvious that you can't put a logo with 1170px width at a place that is almost a third of the size, isn't it?

what i meant was, my image is 1170px because thats the width of the website... my image used to cover the whole top and had the same width as the topmenu.

Now it is sized down and i dont know how to enlarge it an remove the padding.

what i meant was, my image is 1170px because thats the width of the website... my image used to cover the whole top and had the same width as the topmenu.

Now it is sized down and i dont know how to enlarge it an remove the padding.

It is sized down because you put a 1170px logo at a place that doesn't have a width of 1170px but logo size only.

You need to modifiy the theme or put your logo in the header banner module.

Edited by prestamax (see edit history)

It is sized down because you put a 1170px logo at a place that doesn't have a width of 1170px but logo size only.

You need to modifiy the theme or put your logo in the header banner module.

well that is what im trying to make clear, i want to increase size of the area and dont know how i did it last time, it involved some css editing i thinkbut dunno what exactly

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...