1.6 theme incorrect placement of cart

Very easy topic but cannot get the Live edit to move the shopping cart location -> it is just in odd placement? also picture are messed up and wrong size and also second picture comes up.

Dont seem to get the same default theme to show up as in the instruction videos?

updated from 1.5.6 to 1.6 without any modules installed.

post-765865-0-67228600-1395177634_thumb.png

Very easy topic but cannot get the Live edit to move the shopping cart location -> it is just in odd placement? also picture are messed up and wrong size and also second picture comes up.

Dont seem to get the same default theme to show up as in the instruction videos?

updated from 1.5.6 to 1.6 without any modules installed.

attachicon.gifmesseduptheme.png

+1 Same problem.

Try to reorder modules in BO > Modules > Positions

Tried to reorder -> put cart as first but no effect. Found the reason.

Shopping cart is located in displayHeader. AND in display top.

if you reorder display top -> example after search then it will "jump" to right position

Why the cart is in 2 places? what is the reason.

also notised that now the search and cart are not aligned and too much "area" is used on the top of the page. i will re-test today evening to see the positioning is really ok and then close this topic if i manage to get the search and cart to same horisontal area.

post-765865-0-55900500-1395207923_thumb.png

Edited by Valoilmio (see edit history)

@vekia, how did you manage to rearrange the bar like that at the top ? Not to worried about the cart but all the usual info like that would be great for my site

This is by default, but you need more than one language and more than one currency to see those modules activate.

Well, there's some styling to do, but you can always unhook the block cart from displayTop hook and hook it on displayNav: http://puu.sh/7IS3e.jpg

Hello. Sorry for m'y english, i'm french :).

I think i have find to do this:

When you have hook it on displaynav, you change the css. On global css, delete the line 683: .col-sm-4, and write a line .col-sm-4 {float: right}.

You must delete also the line 7 on blockcart.css:

padding-top: 50 px;

Tell me if it's ok.

Thank you et have à good day,

Laurent

• Like 1

change float of this block to float:right :)

Great idea!

HOWEVER... when I did that, my logo moved also to the right, and that is not what I want! I'm assuming I found the wrong place to change the float command.

What I did:

I transplanted the Cart block to displayNav and Unhooked from displayTop. This put the Cart nicely on the nav line.

I tried to change the order by using the method described above and move the placement of Cart box in the displayNav view under Positions. However, this did not move the Cart block, as it is overruled somewhere.

Next I used info in another thread and via the browser inspector (I use Chrome), I saw that I could change the float from right to left for the Cart block. I tried to rewrite line 683 as instructed above, but this has no effect on Cart block placement.

I found that I could change the float command in line 691 and bingo, the Cart block shifted to the far right...

BUT at the same time, my header logo moved to the far right also.

I'm not very knowledgable about css language, but it seems to me that the setting I found is "higher up" and controls more than only the Cart block.

Where do I change my code to float Cart block to fra right and leave other page elements untouched?

My test site is at http://test.tascperformance.dk

It seems I am missing some small detail. Can anyone assist me here?

Sorry, forgot one point. I can only find one place to change the float attribute from left to right, but this same line appears to control BOTH Cart block in the Nav line AND the header logo on the same page. They seem to both be using .col-sm-4, header row #header logo. Have I done something wrong? is there a bug? Why are these both controlled by the same css line?

unfortunately your shop is under maintenance mode i can't check it

any chance to see it  ? (i saw it before i remember ;) )

I forgot that. Yes, I have turned it on. I have now tried to go the other way around and put everything float right, and am trying to work out where I can reverse the order of Search box and logo, then I think it will work okay.

But I'm very open to suggested solutions.

I forgot that. Yes, I have turned it on. I have now tried to go the other way around and put everything float right, and am trying to work out where I can reverse the order of Search box and logo, then I think it will work okay.

I keep getting stuck, because I do not see how to separate attributes for Cart block from the header logo. Whenever I change the one, the other follows along, so I'm still wondering how to fix this. I can get the Cart shown correctly in the Navblock, but then the header logo is wrongly placed, as it follows with.

I hope you can see what I'm missing.

Still haven't found a solution. Can you help?

I keep getting stuck, because I do not see how to separate attributes for Cart block from the header logo. Whenever I change the one, the other follows along, so I'm still wondering how to fix this. I can get the Cart shown correctly in the Navblock, but then the header logo is wrongly placed, as it follows with.

I hope you can see what I'm missing.

anyone?

is there a way to reset all the displayTop and displayHeader modules position?

in the beginning worked but then I can't move any module, it will get back and the changes won't take effect.

Please help on how to reset the modules position.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello. Sorry for m'y english, i'm french :).

I think i have find to do this:

When you have hook it on displaynav, you change the css. On global css, delete the line 683: .col-sm-4, and write a line .col-sm-4 {float: right}.

You must delete also the line 7 on blockcart.css:

padding-top: 50 px;

Tell me if it's ok.

Thank you et have à good day,

Laurent

Perfect! Only instead of deleting padding top.. (which made the cart open up in the whole top bar) I changed it to 1px...

Any idea how to change the size of the cart block, the text is bigger than the other on that line and I dont seem to be able to change it via css.. or perhaps I am looking at the wrong code?