Need Help -Class 'PrestaShopException' not found

Hey Guys,

Before registering in this forum i have tried every link to solve this problem but not able to find a solution for it. 

1. Change the permissions

2. reinstall the prestashop 1.5.6.2

I have downloaded this from prestashop.com website,  after uploading it with FTP when i run test.thepacifiers.com it was redirected to test.thepacifiers.com/install/ but following error is coming. 

Fatal error: Class 'PrestaShopException' not found in C:\HostingSpaces\ThePacifiers\test.thepacifiers.com\wwwroot\install\classes\exception.php on line 28

Can any one earlier got same error ? you help is really appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Govind Sharma 

Hello Vekia,  

Thanks for the quick response.  Yes, the file exists.   

I have done a fresh installation, When all the files were uploaded via FTP, and i clicked the url test.thepacifiers.com it was redirected to test.thepacifiers.com/install but with a blank page. 

So i turn on the @ini_set('display_errors', 'on');   in defines.inc.php, After that i was able to see above error. 

I have no clue, but can it be due to any settings with hosting provider ?

Thanks,

Govind 

I am running this on windows hosting with PHP 5+ and MYSQL 5. 

The file name is PrestaShopException.php , After reading your post i have made is lowercase but nothing happens :(. Still the same error. 

I have now revered back to uppercase. !!

I got the same error! 

I try to copy the class file 'PrestaShopException.php' from exception folder of the root folder(classes),but,it still not work!

My server's os is centos 6.3 and all folder's privileges is 700

Nemo1 - Yes, after deleting class_index.php that error was resolved. 

and i get a new warning error - 

Warning: file_get_contents() has been disabled for security reasons in C:\HostingSpaces\kirtiyoga\kirtiyoga.com\wwwroot\classes\Autoload.php on line 173 

Have mailed hosting provider to give access for file_get_contents(). Lets hope it should work. 

Thanks,

Govind

Hello Vekia, 

I created ,htaccess on root folder with following entry -> php_value allow_url_fopen On

But i think its not working,  I have also created Php.ini file with following entry at root --> allow_url_fopen = On;   But no success. 

@Nemo1  - Broda, each time i have delete the class_index.php file. So is their any permanent solution for it ? 

Thanks you all for giving your time. 

Govind 

hello

by no success you mean that error:

Warning: file_get_contents() has been disabled for security reasons in C:\HostingSpaces\kirtiyoga\kirtiyoga.com\wwwroot\classes\Autoload.php on line 173 

still appears?

what windows host software you use?

Vekia, 

Yes i mean same error,  and i am running this site on IIS 7, with php 5.1.  Opencart, Wordpress and other php portals are working on same server configuration. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Bill, 

I hosted opencart - http://shopping.sharpexclusive.com/ on the same shared hosting and its working. .htacess files also working for opencart or wordpress.    Should i ask my hosting provider to install some particular module for prestashop ?

Thanks,

Hi govindjaipur,

I think 1.5.6.1 well than 1.5.6.2, I install 1.5.6.1 sucess on the same server, no any error!

My server:

Nginx: 1.0

Apache 2.2

PHP : php 5.3.5

Mysql : 5.1.60

WordPress and Prestashop run just fine on Windows server. But they may not be using htaccess. You only need htaccess it for features such as friendly urls or controlling your environment.

So my point is that you may have scripts running fine, but that doesn't mean they are using htaccess. I would check with your host and ask if you must use htaccess or web.config.

Also, in your first post you mentioned that you changed permissions. If you changed permissions with your FTP client, that will not work in a windows host, you need to use the control panel provided by your host.