Prestashop installation thru FileZilla totally free

I'm listening to the youtube video and at a moment it say to quick connect to the server but my problem is:

Which is the host?

As according to the video the icone with the host is covered... and i cannot go forward.. need your help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N42av3QPjrk#t=98

As i'm not Einstein for these kind of downloads, all your help is welcome thru my email : [email protected]

Thank you in advance

Hi what i did is downloading the pretashop program for windows XP PRO that i have, and then i start to install FileZilla and just now i tried again to connect to my domain, it says:   conenction done, waiting for welcome message , then error message that unable to connect.... so i'm lost now......

Is there any restriction when we have a free domain like i have? www.4dogs.fr.gd

Let say, if i don't have any domain... what's the way to use Prestashop in that specific case? 

Restrictions not, but I don't think you will be able to run a shop on a free host package. You have at first to fulfill the minimum for server configuration (please ask your provider if the min are set on server). This saves you a lot of time and work ;) .

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/236128-tutorial-servidor-configuracao-minima-para-ps-15/

As I see your preferred language is Portuguese, we also have a excelent support on Brazilian and/or Portuguese language if you prefer.

Hi Pretahop Apprentice

Thank for your reply.

Yes my mother language is Portuguese, but i prefer to deal in French or English, as i'm leaving in the french part of Switzerland since more than 44 years now, more easier for me now to do it in french or English.

You replied to part of my last message but you don't gave me an answer concerning:

Let say, if i don't have any domain... what's the way to use Prestashop in that specific case? 

concerning my actual free provider, they don't give any info as it's a free doamin that people can use, so i would like to know how i could settle this problem to be able to use prestashop avoiding to download all the items i have in my actual free domain.

thank you for you help... 

Yes, could be a problem, but not an obstacle. Best before you invest too much time in an server for free to know, if you can run Prestashop on that server. This saves you time and nerves...

To settle the problem is first to check minimum needed for Prestashop to run. Than you can step by step fix the other problems. If you don't have any information about it, so change the provider. In German Forum there are named some free and also cheap providers on which Prestashop is running without problems. ;)

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/196232-hostingempfehlungen-von-ps-user-sowie-von-providern-direkt

PS: my addy is selectshop.at and not PrestashopApprentice.

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)