[SOLVED] Request for the addons service (paid)

mmsh

dev Oleacorner

Olea quote module doesn't install on some installations.

they don't reply to emails

other devs never replied to emails when asked for refund. (modules don't install or don't work at all)

Olea quote module no reply and no refund

Block Categories Slide no reply, module never updated and never refunded

Category Images no reply and never refunded

It's not possible to tolerate anymore.

If the situation does not change, I will be forced to proceed with legal action. Or the developers reply or someone by Prestashop must reply, because those modules are paid, are not free.

If the open source becomes a fee is no longer open source. I hope the concept is clear.

For each PAID module efficient support is required by the developer or adequate assistance by the Prestashop TEAM, and if the module does not work: OR they have to find a solution OR immediate refund.

Thanks for your attention

Best Regards

• Like 2

Hi there

I too am having the same problem. Purchased a module from the add ons store, module will not install, unable to find it etc. I've contacted support via email, contact form etc but nothing in response!!!

Quite disgraceful really - I am new to PS and I would not recommend to any other e-commerce start ups.

Any advice on how I can obtain a refund would be much appreciate.

• Like 1

oleacorner replied today, then i sent the data to login and ftp for fixing... and now wait for the fix (who knows how long...hope soon)

the others nothing from the beginning yet, instead...modules bought and never used

then, i don't know how it works with 1.5 and 1.6

but debugging a module installation with 1.4 maybe not easy...

tried 

ini_set(‘display_errors’, ‘on’);
define('_PS_DEBUG_SQL_', true);

and looked at the php log

but no errors, only the module that doesn't install... so sometimes understanding the main issue and the php code from someone else is not so easy, maybe a hook error...so the dev should understand

are the debugging methods different with 1.5 and 1.6 for modules installation?

Edited by mmsh (see edit history)

oleacorner replied today, then i sent the data to login and ftp for fixing... and now wait for the fix (who knows how long...hope soon)

the others nothing from the beginning yet, instead...modules bought and never used

then, i don't know how it works with 1.5 and 1.6

but debugging a module installation with 1.4 maybe not easy...

tried 

ini_set(‘display_errors’, ‘on’);
define('_PS_DEBUG_SQL_', true);

and looked at the php log

but no errors, only the module that doesn't install... so sometimes understanding the main issue and the php code from someone else is not so easy, maybe a hook error...so the dev should understand

are the debugging methods different with 1.5 and 1.6 for modules installation?

Hi, regarding the other modules, I checked your messages from those modules you purchased over a year ago and there was no communication from your side after we responded, those other modules were bought over a year ago and we replied to each of your messages and left no message from you unreplied to. We can not do anything for you regarding those purchases you made 12+ months ago. 

Please allow olea corner to install it on your site or provide you more information, thanks.

if you mean that a reply is a further request about € 500 (exact words) by the dev..and another asked me to contact him outside to an external email, then... you're right

I have made it clear to them that these modules were unusable, but for those nevermind by this time...

so now i let it go as it is...next time (but luckily i think that it will be not necessary, just because in those days I did not have time to develop on my own...) don't...

it seems reasonable

try to better educate addons developers to behave correctly, without absurd requests and attitudes...

thanks

First of all here my suggestion ,

For buyer : 

1. If you buy a module you need to check that after short time and find the bug. You do not send message about a  module that it is not working after  4-5 month later.

If it work at that time and do not work on  update version then you need to send mail to the developer.

2. You also need to understand that ,  some  module are created for a particular version of prestashop, 

3. There will be a some kind of button or message box for refund if the module is not work.

For developer :

1. At first each one have to understand that people pay us for our work, so we need to full fill the requirement what we describe on our product description.

2. If we want to do long term business, we need to look on quality.

3. Any one can build a module if he/she know some programming. But quality of product need to be high and not conflict with other.

4. There must be some kind of support system on your end so that client can communicate you faster and you can give support fast .

This is some of my personal suggestion, :)

Best of luck.

1) who changed the post title? it wasn't "Request" but Complaint... here's some nice wizard who likes to change people's opinions

2ef8bgj.jpg what?

2) today is Thursday and Oleacorner didn't do anything yet... already sent message on 01/09/2014 ...not yesterday

3) What do I do now? wait further (and why should I...?) or get angry?

thanks

ok, finally solved... 

as I thought it was a problem with a hook

so it means that the dev (in addition to try to respond more quickly and declare that has problems...) should specify any requirement in its "manual"

because sometimes blocks are not installed by choice or by some test or whatever reason... and it's not good to waste time for this trifle.

Someone can have many modules and many personal options into the installation...

hope this helps

best regards