Is web developing/programming skills required?

Hi. Very basic question, but do you need programming skills to use Prestashop? I've been playing on my website using the browser and basically learning as I go. Did very basic customisation of the site and added products, but it seems that you need to program to be able to customise your website a lot, install plugins etc. Do most people simply hire a web developer or figure it out themselves? Also, how would I access the code for my website? Do I have to host it locally? I've done a bit just through Googling so I wanted to try and do/learn as much as possible myself before hiring a web developer if they will eventually be needed.

Thanks and sorry for the simply question. Got told Prestashop is very easy to use, but I'm not sure if that meant very easy for someone with next to no programming skills, or very easy for someone with some programming background.

Cheers.

No, you do not need to know coding knowledge to run a store. Download, Upload to your webhost and start adding products. There are so many resources to learn how to. 

I suggest buying a high quality template if you want to change the look. 

You host it on a hosting server, you can test it locally but if you want it live it needs to be on a live server.

Depending on the amount of customization you need, you may need to have a developer (but that's the same for any website and software)

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply. I'll check out the tutorials. I've done basic stuff but I got given instructions from a different payment gateway provider and a shipping company to install their plugins and I couldn't work out how to do it because they kept mentioning accessing different files and stuff. I'll post questions if I'm still stuck after looking at the tutorials. Cheers!