Translation issue - Entries are not saved not save

I’m using MAMP with prestashop_1.5.6.1, PHP_5.5.3. and "Transformer" template.

I tried to translate modules to french, but entries do not save.

I already:

• Increased the value of max_input_vars to 10000 (in php.ini)
  • Forced the compilation for every call
  • Deactivated smarty cache
  • Deactivated browser cache
  • try to increase post_max_size value (in php.ini)
  • try to add (in php.ini)
    suhosin.post.max_name_length = 500
    suhosin.request.max_varname_length = 500

Several entries can be saved when I close the servers and restart the servers, or sometimes when I delete the autoload and smarty cache. But it is not constant: it can work when saving one entry (only after restarting the servers) but with several entries it doesn’t work. And there are 1490 missing expressions to translate..

I really don’t know how to do.

Any help would be gracefully appreciated happy.png

Thank you very much for your solutions but this does not work either. I have changed suhosin to 10000, and I tried with "Core (no theme selected)." But it's always the same problem, if I turn off and I switched back servers, the translation will work on the condition that I add one only entry (if I try to add multiple entries nothing change).

This is very strange. Sometimes after switching servers I try to enter a translation and nothing appears, then I try another entry and this is the first that is recorded. But after that impossible to record another entry. It seems like the cache system is disturbed.

• 3 months later...

I have same issues. hosting with siteground - hosting says that there isn't any issues with them.

My problem is that when insert a new translations, and click "update" i see this on screen, but if i click "save" and go out the page, when i reload the translations i see blank line, no data saved.

• 3 months later...

I had the same problem which I solved by changing php handling in my VPS from DSO to SUPHP. I believe that going with providers not focused on Prestashop could pose some problems, do not forget to restart Apache after switch

[uPDATE]

I need to further expand this, clearly suphp is a suboptimal choice since it is slow and do not uses cache (neither opcache nor APC)

But, I am trying to translate everything and then switch back to DSO. Hope this help someone else

Edited by dominio (see edit history)