No product description in FO

PrestaShop™ 1.5.4.1

Installed in a folder.

Two weeks ago categories were set up, a few items added with description.

I handed the store over to the owner to populate with more products and they have done this but NONE of the new products are displaying descriptions. Yet one can clearly see the descriptions in the BO.

I thought perhaps they had C&P from word so rewrote a couple in plain text and they still don't show.

Then decided to duplicate a product I know is working, it duplicates however one can not change the name of the duplicated product or the description.

Also created a new category and products in it and they aren't showing description either.

Any idea what is occurring?

Edited by Yzzy (see edit history)

It's not on the home page, category list page or the item page though.

No it's an old theme that I have created.

If something had been 'removed' then it would have impacted on the other listings I created before handing it over. The categories and products I created are fine..

BUT if I try to edit them then the edits do not show in the front office, or the products list... but they do in the editing screen...

And here is another oddity... the descriptions that are showing for the original items I added do NOT show in the editing screen.. so the description boxes are blank.. yet from FO they show up... the opposite of what is occurring with new products who show up in the edit screen but NOT in the FO...

wth?

So to recap..and to walk you through what I have done...

I created 8 categories, I created 6 products in one of the categories.

All products had descriptions long and short that were showing in the FO home page and in the back office. I could edit them freely and all changes were saved.

handed over to customer who went into back office and added products to the categories.

When she went to check on them in the FO she noticed none of the descriptions were showing up. Yet the descriptions were there in the BO when editing them.

I tried to edit existing products but now their description isn't showing in the BO but only in front office.. if I try and change the title of the products it doesn't save in FO but does in BO. If I add text to the blank boxes it shows in BO but original text is showing in FO.

lmao... craziness!

OK so I then went into the DB..

found the product I created and

changed the title - shows in FO not BO

changed the description - worked, shown in FO but not in BO

Then I went to edit the product she created and

changed the title - shows in FO not BO

changed the description - shows in FO not BO

BUT hang on... what's this... There are TWO of each product in the database!! The one in the BO isn't the one sowing in the FO..

So I added a new product... sure enough it is in the DB twice.. once without description, once with. The one with description is showing in the BO.. the one without is showing in the FO

So when you add an item it duplicates it and strips the description for the FO version...

Further to the above... if I delete the duplicate product in the back office (the one without description) I get a FO error.

There is 1 error

1. Product not found

in the BO the product has -- and -- for the name and description in the list but is there as it should be when editing..

If I then save the BO version the title is then replaced..But it is once again duplicated in the Database...

:lol::blink::rolleyes::unsure::wacko:

Edited by Yzzy (see edit history)

• 5 months later...

odd the same thing is happening to the SAME people but on a different store.... really could use some help with this... I dont mind sending you the log in details Vekia :-)