There is no free paypal for Australia?

alexgt

I upgrade to new version, there is no free paypal module out of USA and EURO. 

I try to install paypalusa, then pop up red warning said.  Sorry, this module has been designed for stores based in USA, Canada and Mexico only. Please use the classic PayPal Addon instead. 

Ok where is the classic Paypal addon? I used to see it in old version. where is it? please help.

Edited by alexgt (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

i tried using EU but when i get to click on paypal it does not process through!  its a pain in the ass trying to get paypal to work! do you know if the pro version will have a release for 1.6? i really need to get paypal to work for a store I'm launching in september 1st

TIP: If you shop is not localized for US/Canada/Mexico, then use the PayPal EU.

i tried using EU but when i get to click on paypal it does not process through!  its a pain in the ass trying to get paypal to work! do you know if the pro version will have a release for 1.6? i really need to get paypal to work for a store I'm launching in september 1st

'does not process through' is not enough detail to help you.

Example when i get to this point in the process and i click on the paypal payment button nothing happens.. I'm using the euro version of paypal but I'm based in Australia not sure if that could be the reason.

ScreenShot2014-08-08at71914pm_zps8e5fed9

I really need to get paypal working on this site, i sorta shattered that paypal does not naturally integrate  with prestashop.

I was hesitant to buy the pro version of paypal since i am running the new version of prestashop just incase its not compatible. 

Edited by risk1710 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing the issue.  May I know if the issue has been resolved and what the solution is?  

My business is also based in Australia.  We are using PS1.6 at the moment and our site is still under construction.  I would greatly appreciate if someone could let me know if PayPal Express or PayPal Standard (I do not wish to use PayPal Pro) works on PS1.6.  Thanks in advance.

Thanks for sharing the issue.  May I know if the issue has been resolved and what the solution is?  

My business is also based in Australia.  We are using PS1.6 at the moment and our site is still under construction.  I would greatly appreciate if someone could let me know if PayPal Express or PayPal Standard (I do not wish to use PayPal Pro) works on PS1.6.  Thanks in advance.

yes paypal works but some have issues but majority do not.  I see that PayPal EU has better success rate than PayPal north America.

@risk, sorry I missed your response, can you tell us if you got this sorted please?

• Like 1

yes paypal works but some have issues but majority do not.  I see that PayPal EU has better success rate than PayPal north America.

@risk, sorry I missed your response, can you tell us if you got this sorted please?

No i have not resolved this issue yet! sorta gave up on it cannot work it out at all =_= 

we can dust this off if you want to give it another try.  When you stated it did not work, was it that you clicked paypal but it did not leave page?  Can you uninstall and then reinstall paypal and try again?

Yes it does not leave the page at all! i tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times! but still did not work! =_=

Hi risk1710, My online business is based in Australia too and going through the process of installing PayPal.  My dedicated PayPal Account Exec is getting their Integration team to help with the installation and integration.  I thought you might like to know about this free PayPal integration resource just in case.  Cheers.

I'm using PayPal v3.7.2 version.  

The PayPal Integration Engineer has just integrated the module for me and it works (After 2 attempts), I choose the Express Checkout Solution under the PayPal v3.7.2 version.  Apparently, the Shipping/Carriers module in PrestaShop affects the working of the PayPal button.  We have to properly configure the Shipping/Carriers module for the PayPal button to work.

Edited by Ms_L (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi risk1710, My online business is based in Australia too and going through the process of installing PayPal.  My dedicated PayPal Account Exec is getting their Integration team to help with the installation and integration.  I thought you might like to know about this free PayPal integration resource just in case.  Cheers.

I'm using PayPal v3.7.2 version.  

The PayPal Integration Engineer has just integrated the module for me and it works (After 2 attempts), I choose the Express Checkout Solution under the PayPal v3.7.2 version.  Apparently, the Shipping/Carriers module in PrestaShop affects the working of the PayPal button.  We have to properly configure the Shipping/Carriers module for the PayPal button to work.

PrestaShop split the original  'free' PayPal module into:

1. PayPal USA/Canada/Mexico

requires proper shop localization-->localization-->see advance-->country identifier (tip: don't change as can cause unpredictable results and downtime).

2. PayPal EU - is everywhere outside of USA/Canada/Mexico

checks shop country localization warning at install for non-->USA/Canada/Mexico

v.3.7.2 as my shop is localized US, module config allowed me to change, I set to Australia.

------------------------------------

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I've got news for you, I've been working on the topic since El Patron told me about it:

- Our goal at PrestaShop is to have one unified Paypal module. It will take some time to make it happen, because we don't want to mess things up for our existing Paypal module users. 

In a nutshell: soon (that between some time in the future and some more time in the future, I can't be more accurate for the moment), there will be a Paypal module to rule them all.

- In the meantime, for the original question: the best way to use Paypal on your shop for Australian people is to use the Paypal Europe module.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I've got news for you, I've been working on the topic since El Patron told me about it:

- Our goal at PrestaShop is to have one unified Paypal module. It will take some time to make it happen, because we don't want to mess things up for our existing Paypal module users. 

In a nutshell: soon (that between some time in the future and some more time in the future, I can't be more accurate for the moment), there will be a Paypal module to rule them all.

- In the meantime, for the original question: the best way to use Paypal on your shop for Australian people is to use the Paypal Europe module.

This is good news, I was confused why nothing showed up when I searched for a PayPal module of all things. How's the unified version going?

And just to be sure - I set my shop to EU momentarily so I can install the EU PayPal, and then switch back to Australia? Nothing will break by doing this?

By the way, why can't you just change the EU PayPal to show up for Australians in their module manager? Or rename it to EU/AU or non-US?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...