[SOLVED] Fatal error: Uncaught Out of memory (Needed 16777188 bytes)

hi guys 

Whilst setting up Prestashop v1.5.5 I've experienced this new error (sigh!)

please can anybody assist in this latest dilemna :wacko:

Fatal error: Uncaught Out of memory (Needed 16777188 bytes)<br /><br /><pre> SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT l.id_lang) FROM `expresta_lang` l JOIN expresta_lang_shop lang_shop ON (lang_shop.id_lang = l.id_lang AND lang_shop.id_shop = 1) WHERE l.`active` = 1 LIMIT 1</pre> thrown in /web1/user43131/website/classes/db/Db.php on line 613

cheers 

Mike

Edited by jonmig (see edit history)

Fatal error: Uncaught Out of memory (Needed 16777188 bytes)<br /><br /><pre> SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT l.id_lang) FROM `expresta_lang` l JOIN expresta_lang_shop lang_shop ON (lang_shop.id_lang = l.id_lang AND lang_shop.id_shop = 1) WHERE l.`active` = 1 LIMIT 1</pre> thrown in /web1/user43131/website/classes/db/Db.php on line 613

Thanks guys 

I have spoken with the tech dept of my hosting company and they have increased the memory to 64mb and 

I also followed the link that El Patron kindly posted but so far there is no improvement, apparently though 

I am about the 3rd person this week with the same problem reported to my hosts so they are looking into this 

in great depth so as soon as I have any positive results I will post back ;)

please any further suggestions/help is much appreciated. 

cheers 

Mike 

create a file with the following code and upload to your website.

navigate to your website, it will give you lots of information but it will also tell you where it is  reading the php.ini from and taking out the guess work.  Note: this may take a reboot of the server...some values do, some don't...

<?php

// Show all information, defaults to INFO_ALL
phpinfo();

?>

hi El Patron

how does one reboot the server ,surely thats something I don't have control of ?..

I edited the php.ini file to 128mb last night and today everythings working ,however it didn't work straight away when I changed the value so I was thinking maybe the host tech dept had done something today but I haven't been able to contact them yet to confirm ...

cheers 

Mike

• 3 years later...

I do have it set at 2048M you can see it. I posted a link but then thought that was probably not a smart idea, so I will pm it to you El Patron

Please take a look at the above link and let me know what you think. 

Hi for best results make sure to start new topic when either old or marked solved, both of which this post is...lol

Use this free module to see your php at runtime.  but 2048mb is obvisouly not what  is happening at runtime unless you selling elephants...lol

https://www.prestaheroes.com/en-us/free-prestashop-modules/prestashop-module-display-phpinfo-phpini