Prestashop 1.5.5 - Admin keeps logging off

I have the same problem. I was stupid upgrading to 1.5.5 

I can access using another domain.

I have my domain www.comercialandalucia.es

But I use www.doodmidewef.factoruadigaitalpremium.es, the domain of the webhost.

But this is incredible.It's a fail of 1.5.5 if you upgrade, it doesn't generate good the cookie of domain &ssl.

• Like 1

looks like a cookie problem.. Have you seen which cookies are set ?

I have cleared cache, used different browsers even computers to no avail.

I had a new installation of 1.5.5 in a new directory and same problem occurs.

Appreciate any advice .. thanks .. :)

I have a clean 1.5.5 install and it works ok.  have you tried setting debugging on and looked at the log files generated by the webserver ?  

I don't know yet where the session management is stored, some do this in de db, some on this. If this is on disk and the directory accordingly isn't writeable, then you get this behaviour too.

phpinfo( ) shoud give some anwsers too about this.

I'm not sure but have a look on the backoffice>>administration>>preferences>>General see the "Life time of back office cookie". If It is set to very less amount then increase it.

Hi .. Thanks for the response. I don't see such a setting.

However, I have reverted to previous version and the site is working again.

Looks like there is some form of incompartibility with the server that my site is on.

Tnx for the help.

If anyone want it.. Can anyone sent me a P.M. with an admin login, so i can see  if i expireance the same problem and what a possible solution may be ?

Keep in mind that the login should be of a site with a clean 1.5.5.0 install and accessible over internet.  

I'm not sure but have a look on the backoffice>>administration>>preferences>>General see the "Life time of back office cookie". If It is set to very less amount then increase it.

everyone have to check this settings. for this problem.

yes 480 is a good number for cookies.

first

try to clear browser cache, and try diffrent browser.

if problem not solve.
open this file
config/defines.inc.php
and set

@ini_set('display_errors', 'on');

Are you getting any error messages ? after this settings.

I have activated debug mode and the problem is this:

Redirection automatique dans 5 secondes

index.php?controller=AdminLogin&token=67d15b960bed9d7c7145261e264bc2ea&redirect=AdminHome

Then I click return to enter again in the back office

Redirection automatique dans 5 secondes

index.php?controller=AdminLogin&token=67d15b960bed9d7c7145261e264bc2ea&redirect=AdminHome

And never I get inside my back office :(

Fortunately I did the upgrade on a test domain and it did not affect the going-to-be-live site. JoannaLeng, I had similar failures as yours (as you stated in your other posting) in that it became a mess after I did an upgrade (I) 1-click-upgrade (ii) manual upgrade (iii) fresh install. For the fresh install, I deleted the database as well. All was well except for the BO admin login. "Customers" can create and login on the test site.

I think you may have to clean up your database, install old version and import database back, ++themes ....lots of long hours.

I have another friend who is on a VPS and now for some reasons, she has same [Log In] at BO problems. Fortunately, her customers can login and make purchases!

So, I am trying to get more information from others if most of this problem happened on a VPS.

• 3 weeks later...

Fortunately I did the upgrade on a test domain and it did not affect the going-to-be-live site. JoannaLeng, I had similar failures as yours (as you stated in your other posting) in that it became a mess after I did an upgrade (I) 1-click-upgrade (ii) manual upgrade (iii) fresh install. For the fresh install, I deleted the database as well. All was well except for the BO admin login. "Customers" can create and login on the test site.

I think you may have to clean up your database, install old version and import database back, ++themes ....lots of long hours.

I have another friend who is on a VPS and now for some reasons, she has same [Log In] at BO problems. Fortunately, her customers can login and make purchases!

So, I am trying to get more information from others if most of this problem happened on a VPS.

hi Germs,

any luck? 

I am on bluehost, share hosting. 

Hi Joannaleng,

My VPS is on WebVisions VPS. Linux with Plesk. Installed so many times on FRESH folder, and after deleting the database, just to be on the safe side - and yet no progress. Mycrypt was not enabled.

There were some references to .htaccess file. Do you have further idea on this?

I'm having the same issue. I upgraded from 1.5.4 to 1.5.5 in the beginning of Sept. Everything worked find until I added SSL to my website. If I log in under the old admin log in page (using http:/) it seems to be okay. But when I log in to the updated admin log in page (using https:/) I'm contantly getting logged out.

I cleared the cache and cookies and still have the problem.

I was searching on-line for people with similar problems and found a suggested solution from a while ago, but the versions they are referring to are older. Wasn't sure how it would be and what to change in version 1.5.5. I've attached a screenshot of the advice.

Please let me know if you require more information. Thanks, Amy

post-705532-0-79997400-1380817457_thumb.jpg

Edited by Amy (see edit history)

Hi all,

I FOUND A SOLUTION!

I managed to log in when I type "https://www.........." instead of just typing "http://www.....". or " www...."

When I type https://www..... I got the usual caution certificate error....but proceeded anyway.....and I am in!

It was tried on the Google Chrome browser.....

Later, I have to re-install the CART back to country: Singapore as now it is in country: US

Edited by germs (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I checked my Server Setting:

SSL Support                                    [ / ]

Use a single directory for housing   [ / ]

SSL and non-SSL content

Is this the reason?

Anyway, it worked for IE v 10. as well.

Thanks, Amy as it was from your post that I somehow decided to give it another TRY :D

• Like 1

Hi germs,

For the image I hit "prt scr" and then went into Paint and pasted the image. I saved it as a jpeg and then attached it using the full editor mode with my reply.

I'm glad to hear yours is working now.

My issue is when I log in using the secured url (https), I keep getting logged off. But if I'm logged in using the unsecured url (http) it is okay. I would prefer to be able to be logged in using the secured url.

Amy,

Thanks for the tips!

You mean you were logged off IMMEDIATELY or after a while?

I think I might not be able to help you much - but if I have the same problem and found the solution, I will definitely post it here. Meanwhile, really wish you all the best.

I am hoping the rest will reply so that I know if my solution is same as theirs ....

Hi germs,

After I log in when I click to go into anything it logs me out. For example if I try to go into the modules, I would select modules and it would log me out. I log back in and I'm in the module section but then I click to configure a module and I'm logged back out.

I have this issue to.

Specifically when I do this:

Click on categories >>> Select 5 Categories to delete, press the delete button >>> boom, back to login screen.

Edit:

So been messing around, clicked on "Clear Smarty Cache" and was finally able to delete my Caterogies. Not to sure if this is a permanent fix but hey, at least it worked. For now.

Edit again : Yeah still messed up. Annoying when you're working and it decides it's had enough. Can be 5seconds or 5min.

Edited by Adrenalin (see edit history)

Hi Jonnaleng,

Yes. I am from Singapore. I just went in to the test domain and changed the Localization and Country to "Singapore". No error.

I also installed the 1-click Upgrade module on this test domain. No auto-log out problem.

** -----------------------------

Seems stable for now. I am now planning how best to upgrade the current semi-Live 1.5.4.1 to the 1.5.5.0. Wish me all the best as I am not sure if the 1-click upgrade will work or not. To play safe, I will backup my database first.

As for the "auto back to the login screen after click on a module" [ Adrenalin / Amy ] - I have not encountered it. But I did notice that previously, when I DID NOT set the  [The PHP Safe mode" option to off ] the server will force OWNER/GROUP of "Apache/Apache" to some of the permanent files/folders and cache files. This caused the system to have strange problems like "nothing happens" when I tried something or "errors" to display when it all seems to be okay.

I thought I only need to go through every single folder & file and change them back - but I missed a few of them .... which caused me more problems. I may have disabled the PHP Safe mode and change the various file ownership to "germs / psacln" BUT it worked for a while only as unknown to me somewhere else I again missed changing the rest of the files or directory ownership.

Finally, to bring matter to a rest, I make sure the

and DELETED everything (database and folders) and perform a FRESH prestashop installation. So, I do not have anymore strange, unexplained problems - except for the login issues (which is now solved). Hope this helps .....

Thanks for the information, germs!

I was actually able to solve my problem of constantly being logged off by going into Preferences and into SEO & URLs and clicking "yes" to disable apache mod security.

Yeah 1.5.6.0 is even worse...

CSV import doesn't work either. A whole new ballgame.

CSV IMPORT REPAIRED

This is not a bug, Presta team have just remove the default separator fields and Múltiple value separator

So, you have just to put ; for separator fields and , Multiple value separator

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/280064-la-version-156-de-prestashop-est-disponible/

Or the fix https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/commit/df97566018ce7a101b727c9d450720e071c5e2cc

• Like 1

Thanks for the information, germs!

I was actually able to solve my problem of constantly being logged off by going into Preferences and into SEO & URLs and clicking "yes" to disable apache mod security.

Did this on a test site and immediately had a 500 Internal Server error. Be careful with this option.

I am from Singapore as well ... installed Strong VPN for around US$50 and the backend works fine when VPN is running.

I have tried solutions suggested earlier to amend the cookies.php file but this did not seem to work.

Will be great is someone could point us to the files that need to be adjusted.

Cheers!

Edited by justbeer (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

I finally found a solution to my problem!

Source

Updated 2011.07.02:

Well there is one more reason that can cause this problem – PHP bug:https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=42523

This problem was also reported to PrestaShop:http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCFI-1110

If your PHP installation has this bug then $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] variable will return the wrong value which is used in cookie path calculation.You can find this line in your admin folder/login.php file (54 line i PrestaShop 1.4.3.0):´

$cookie = new Cookie('psAdmin', substr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],
strlen(__PS_BASE_URI__), -10));
Change this line to:
$cookie = new Cookie('psAdmin', substr($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'],
strlen(__PS_BASE_URI__), -10));

It resolved the problem for me.

Solved for me :)

Edited by tiagomiranda (see edit history)

i don't why after upgrade google map and autobackup i can not login prestashop admin123 anymore, usally i could do it.

it said page not found.

already check admin folder on cpanel

and clear manual cache on cpanel but stilll can not login admin

prestashop 1.5.4

anybody can help me?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

what happens to​ me is after installation I get  a message from server that I'm not authorized to go to both urls front and back office but after i type url with www i can get both pages. The front is ok I can see shop. Unfortunately in BO I can't log in although password and user are correct. Version is 1.5.6.1

I´ve been around forum and still no solution... bit difficult to manage a shop without BO... sad...

Edited by joaofilipe (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

I've had a *running* 1.5.5.0 instance for months and now, out of nowhere, I am getting booted from my back office and my login credentials are not working.  I have purposely NOT made any changes or attempted any further upgrades to my shop - as it always ends in disaster!  I was able to log in this morning and print new orders. Now, I attempt to go back into update order status for my clients and I am directed to the admin login and then in an "unknown employee" loop!  A new message DID appear this morning stating that my shop wasn't pointing to the "www" version (no idea).

So, in addition to needing help getting back into my shop, can someone also direct me to disengaging ANY and ALL of these "monitoring" messages that decide I suddenly have an issue and blast my shop away??  ...smh... just when I thought the nightmares were over!

~Jo
www.knightsshop.com  PS 1.5.5.0  shared hosting

hello

sometimes cases like that are related to browser cache problems.

have you tried to clear browser cache, or just on different browser?

Hi Vekia - I've cleared cache and tried FF, IE, Chrome - all result in same error. "Employee does not exist or password provided is incorrect" - using admin@_____  and the same password I've always used.

call your hosting company, also search using hosting company name...see if anyone else is having similar experience...as this may be outside of ps

sometimes they like to change things underneath, like add cache or something...ask them if they enabled varnish cache for example...sadly my hosting

sadly my hosting company has terrible support. I tried setting up a VPS but couldn't get any PS help to get thru the PS install that kept failing.  I'm really frustrated.  I finally had a shop and customers with orders coming in!  I have a Holiday special I was going to announce and now I can't because I have no access to the back office!  I have no idea what to do anymore.  So frustrated.  Should it be so easy to break? - especially when I've done NOTHING to the code or environment for 2+ months?  sigh...

sadly my hosting company has terrible support. I tried setting up a VPS but couldn't get any PS help to get thru the PS install that kept failing.  I'm really frustrated.  I finally had a shop and customers with orders coming in!  I have a Holiday special I was going to announce and now I can't because I have no access to the back office!  I have no idea what to do anymore.  So frustrated.  Should it be so easy to break? - especially when I've done NOTHING to the code or environment for 2+ months?  sigh...

sorry to hear of these issues and I agree that is very frustrating.  From your hosting control panel can you find the error log?  If so recreate the logging out problem and then look at the hosting error log.  There may be some good information here that can help.

• Like 1

Hi, I'm new to PS and just had the same issue with version 1.5.6.1. It keeps logging me out from the BO. The clear cache and so on didn't help in my case.

Hosting:

Linux VPS with LAMP.

This is what fixed it for the time being:

After you login to the BO, quickly go to: Administration > Preferences

Then look for the setting: Check the IP address on the cookie. This is set to 'Yes' by default. Change it to 'No' and save.

Screenshot after the change: http://awesomescreenshot.com/025257nuee

This is a temporary solution. Not a good idea if you are already on a live shopping cart due to the security risk.

If anyone finds a better solution, please update.

Haven't played around with the source code, so not sure what exactly is the issue.

(My ip address is not changing that often. So in theory, this change shouldn't have any effect on this issue.)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I might have found a solution.

In PrestaShop 1.5.6 I could not log in into the backend when a non-English language has been selected in the store frontend.

After selecting English as store language I could login again into the backend.

In Localization > Localization > Advanced I checked the server locale settings, which had been set into "Language locale: nl" and "Country locale: nl".

After changing this into "Language locale: en" and "Country locale: us" this problem did not occur anymore.

• Like 1

I might have found a solution.

In PrestaShop 1.5.6 I could not log in into the backend when a non-English language has been selected in the store frontend.

After selecting English as store language I could login again into the backend.

In Localization > Localization > Advanced I checked the server locale settings, which had been set into "Language locale: nl" and "Country locale: nl".

After changing this into "Language locale: en" and "Country locale: us" this problem did not occur anymore.

Could not even change anything, after logged in everytime want to save something, it logged out again and it did not save anything.

Im sorry but if this helps anyone with the same problem Admin keeps logged out everytime logged in, I tell you what was wrong and the fix I did.

PROBLEM :

- I was using 2 different ISP on the same computer. 

Because of the WiFi connection was bad, so I change to mobile ISP and got the problem straight away. 

- Deleted cookies, cleared caches and even delete browsing history for the past month didn't work.

My Fix : 

- Get into my smartphone and login from there and change the Administration > Preferences. check the IP address on the cookie to NO

I hope this will help anyone who has the same problem with me. I am now able to browse the BO normally.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I installed Prestashop 1.5.6.2. After I change Preferences->Images->PNG quality from 9(default) to 2, the system keeps logging out every time I click on other tab. I change the setting back to 9 and the problem solved. I am not sure why this happens.

• 2 months later...

I had the same problem and it began without warning.

I asked my IT firm to check my login credentials and from where they loged in it worked without any problems but when I tried again to login, after 1 min I whas out.

I found this other post: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/2819.....e-menu/page-2

There, the Presta Team recomended to disable "Check the IP address on the cookie" in preferences. After I did this, my problem was solved! In order to check if that was the problem, I enabled the option again and after 1 min I was logged out.

PrestaShop™ 1.5.5.0

Edited by Macota Lorin (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi guys.

I'm having the same issue of being constantly logged out of the backoffice once I try to make any changes. I've read the solutions on this thread, but the issue is that even when I try to disable check for cookie ip address, I'm logged out also. And this also happens when I try to disable apache mod security. Who knows what I can do please? I've gotten in touch with my webhost and was told the issue would be with prestashop. 

Hi guys.

I'm having the same issue of being constantly logged out of the backoffice once I try to make any changes. I've read the solutions on this thread, but the issue is that even when I try to disable check for cookie ip address, I'm logged out also. And this also happens when I try to disable apache mod security. Who knows what I can do please? I've gotten in touch with my webhost and was told the issue would be with prestashop. 

Login from a diferent internet conection, one that you know has a static ip adress and then disable "Check the IP address on the cookie" in preferences. You can't save the changes now because the ip changes to quick.

Hope this helps.