It seems you know but I do not

It seems to have happened after a reply to a topic

Any clues please as it does not look good

Paul

Dear Paulito

Do not worry

high warning = Very bad

Warning Under == Excellent

Warning Points = Warnings for failing to meet the forum rules.

You have 0 warning == All perfect

Sorry for my English

Ah, Ok, are you saying that the warning is only visible to me? or is the warning visible to other forum members?

I do not have a problem with this but it does not look good to other members

Paul

This information is private only for moderators and prestashop team.

I think at this moment you can only see their own warning, but really should not see them.

-----

There is a problem in the forum, I hope the PrestaShop Team, it resolved soon.

I think the each community member should see their warning level...else how would they every know they have been warned?

reminds me of a movie, here is the clip

When a user is warned, the system send message private you've been warned.

I think That This Information, as in the past Should be totally private and only for moderation and prestashop team

Sorry for my English.

I think the each community member should see their warning level...else how would they every know they have been warned?

reminds me of a movie, here is the clip

I feel the same way. However, Paulito, are you able to see the warnings of anybody else? If not then that is good. The only problem is previous warnings given by Moderators may be a little too "candid" and may have shocked some of the members.

That said, in this new system, Moderators have two fields when they Warn a member. 1) A message to the member 2) a message to the moderators 

That way we can warn members directly and also explain the warnings to the moderators as well. 

I hope all is okay! 

Cheers,

well, when i click on your "2 warning points" i see there "reasons" described by moderators (you see Mod name?) who admitted these warnings - you can always ask them WHY :)

I agree with your opinion that some links to sites are very valuable and should not be regarded as spam. Especially, if they are useful in the discussion

It's a little debatable whether or not there was a reason to Warn you. It's my opinion that Moderators should unapprove and PM the offender first, and then Warn if the problem persists. 

Overall, you get banned at 10 Warning Points but obviously a CM would have to approve and intervene if necessary. Hardly do members get to that point. 

That is true. Now when you warn someone you must send a message to both the member you are warning, and a separate message to the moderating team. It is all done from the single warning screen. 

I've very seldom ever even thought of warning anyone...this is one of the more civilized forums I've seen in a long time.  Try hanging in any of the Colombia forums, they will try to eat your  liver.

I've been not warned, but I find by chance that a link to M4 PDF (what a coincidence) in the job section which was obviously valuable because he was looking for a module to print labels, has been deleted by a moderator. I don't have any relation with the M4 PDF creator

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/274961-job-integrated-labels/?do=findComment&comment=1381946

gruc.jpg

I think I was not breaking any rule...

I've been not warned, but I find by chance that a link to M4 PDF (what a coincidence) in the job section which was obviously valuable because he was looking for a module to print labels, has been deleted by a moderator. I don't have any relation with the M4 PDF creator

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/274961-job-integrated-labels/?do=findComment&comment=1381946

gruc.jpg

I think I was not breaking any rule...

That is just odd...just change it back...:)  and  see what happens as the post seemed fine.

I have got 2 warning points for commercial external links. I note that related to topic.

So it is illegal only for common users, I think. Look at http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/275884-downloadable-products-with-diferent-codes/?view=findpost&p=1384436 and I have many many similar examples too.

PrestaTeam members I have an idea. Change the rule:

External links
In forums other than "Paid Modules, Themes and Job Offers", links to a site offering paying products are prohibited.
In the “Paid modules, job offers and paid services" forum, any link must point precisely to the relevant product page.

or suppress guilt consistently.

As tuk66 has pointed out, your rules are vague. He has given a good example above. Many users have their own commercial website links in their signature.

Rules are the same for everyone ? really ? Of course, i dont mind the links since i find some of them useful, maybe you should revise your rules to make it more clear.

Here is a good example by a community manager himself

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/196335-presta-15-is-stable-or-still-beta-for-a-fresh-install/?do=findComment&comment=1386143

Of course ill repeat i dont mind it, but doesnt that go against your rules ?

Edited by indus (see edit history)

As tuk66 has pointed out, your rules are vague. He has given a good example above. Many users have their own commercial website links in their signature.

Rules are the same for everyone ? really ? Of course, i dont mind the links since i find some of them useful, maybe you should revise your rules to make it more clear.

Here is a good example by a community manager himself

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/196335-presta-15-is-stable-or-still-beta-for-a-fresh-install/?do=findComment&comment=1386143

Of course ill repeat i dont mind it, but doesnt that go against your rules ?

Hi indus, the service I posted is because we've had a long standing relationship and partnership with Cart 2 Cart and they are our preferred Migration service that we recommend. As Community Manager for PrestaShop, and a PrestaShop employee. I hold full accountability over the rules and the actions of our members/moderators. 

I agree that the rules are broken or not understood/not even read by many people.

If a member is specifically asking for a module, then you can point them to a link on our Paid Modules forum. However, if that module does not have a thread in the Paid Modules section, it should not link to an external website. 

If a member is not specifically asking for a module, then any post containing a link to a module is not allowed. 

I will review the threads given. 

Just remember, you shouldn't post your paid modules or others paid modules unless it is a link to an INTERNAL forum thread or post. 

Most developers who have modules also have threads on the Paid Module section with their module. This is allowed. However, EXTERNAL links to paid modules and services are not allowed unless they are specifically asked by the Original Poster. 

If the poster is not asking for a module or service, then it is better off letting them know that you have modules/services available, and link them to an internal forum post. 

Benjamin, you broke your own rule

External links
In forums other than "Paid Modules, Themes and Job Offers", links to a site offering paying products are prohibited.
In the “Paid modules, job offers and paid services" forum, any link must point precisely to the relevant product page.

at http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/242628-switching-from-volusion-to-prestashop/?view=findpost&p=1385799

Tell me please how should I behave? I am confused.

Another contribution to the discussion about the absurdity of these rules. I am reporting himself:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/279436-how-to-download-the-invoices-in-the-backoffice-with-the-currency-of-the-selle/?view=findpost&p=1404506

ok, as punishment...drop and give us 20 push ups

:)  also thanks for all the help you provide the community

Thanks El Patron, I preventively did 50 for future redemption.

so you have banked 30...nobody sees the darn warnings except us egg head mods...I certainly understand your point as I have broken the same rule dozens of times...did not even know about it really until this post....it's hard not to post a link to our solutions, if one has any passion about it....it would be different I think if we spammed some facebook widget that there are many of....:)

Are you sure?

I have got one warning point silently in June and second one within several days when this information has been displayed (for me).

I will have 10 points before the end of this year at this rate with one sentence "Sorry, this is the rule". Or I will post crazy posts like "sorry I can't write the name and URL too but try to google something like ..."

So then I don't understand for what Warning points are and why my posts are removed when I put in a link to an external site (relevant one which can help).

Rules are rules. Could I understand that these rules are not strictly required?

Failure to respect these rules on multiple occasions could lead to you being banned from the forum.

I like rules like this one. Multiple - twice or two hundred?

Edited by tuk66 (see edit history)

... but the word "criminal", I think a very serious word.

Of course, it is a hyperbole but how can I feel that many many people contravene these rules and my posts are removed when I try to help.

I would like to only open a discussion about this but it is not probably suitable.

I would like to see any rules about these Warning points. I got 2 - first completely without any explanation 3 months ago and second for my critical description of very old problems (truth is not allowed in the forum?).

How many warning points I can get before to be banned?

I am at the same boat.