[SOLVED]: Right Column has disappeared

Hi,

I'm using Prestashop v1.5.4.0 and having a problem with the right column. The site was live and everything working perfectly for a few weeks and then the right column disappeared suddenly. I'm not sure why and after Googling and seeing other people's issues that are similar, I still haven't been able to resolve my issue with the column.

I can see on firebug that

<div id="right_column" class="column grid_2 omega"> </div>

is inactive. I have a local working copy of the website with all the same settings, etc (or so it seems), but the column is visible. I'm truly stumped. If anyone could shed some light on possible reasons that the right column becomes inactive I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: I solved the issue, though probably in the most drastic/long winded way.

I upgraded to Prestashop 1.5.4.1. I then copied over all the modules, img, css, theme folders from the original to the new version. I backed up the original database, dropped all the tables on the new database and uploaded old SQL. Okay, so everything worked though the right column was still missing with the old DB, but was there with the new DB.

I used the process of elimation to figure out the table that was affecting the right column. I turned out to be the ps_store and ps_store_shop tables that we causing the issues (how? I don't know). I just needed to keep the default data.

Edited by irishfighter (see edit history)

The weird thing is that the category block sits in the left one, but it's not displaying either, and has no display:none or 0 opacity. Weirdly enough, it has a bad bad value of display:inline set, which makes no sense to me :blink:

Hi All,

Thanks for all the replies. It really helped with further investigation. As I said at the beginning, and it's the most puzzling part, on the local version of the website, it's all working perfectly. It should show a custom module on the right column that holds a nice little pop up menu I create. I'm scratching my head as to where/why it just disappeared after working perfectly for a few weeks. No other modules (third party or otherwise) were added, that aren't present on the local copy of the website. One thing that did happed was the website owner logged into the back office and disabled all the products at one point, disabling each product only leaving a description. They also disabled all the categories. I don't see how this would have upset the right column, but it may shed some light. When I figure this one out, I'll be sure to mark it as solved and describe steps taken to solve it. In the mean time, if anyone has any ideas, all input is greatly appreciated.