[solved]Change date of product

You can change product add date (product update date also) in the database

open ps_product * ps_product_shop tables

you've got there:

prq0Q6D.png

change values of these fileds.

Optionally you can use my commercial module product date change it allows to change the date_add and date_Upd of product in a handy way, directly from shop back office.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

I have to say it's stupid. If you're developing and adding products every single product has label "NEW" and the only way is to change through mysql? I want to keep that label for the future but imagine a check box in the product page would much easier. Is there any way of working around it?

• 4 months later...

I have to say it's stupid. If you're developing and adding products every single product has label "NEW" and the only way is to change through mysql? I want to keep that label for the future but imagine a check box in the product page would much easier. Is there any way of working around it?

yes you are right im looking for it. 

i have preorder sales...so i did create products earlier from release date... we need a module for that.. 

idea of this module is to display everything automatically, this is why checkbox to mark product as new doesnt exist.

only module can solve this problem. As i already mentioned optionally you can use my commercial module product date change it allows to change the date_add and date_Upd of product in a handy way, directly from shop back office.

idea of this module is to display everything automatically, this is why checkbox to mark product as new doesnt exist.

only module can solve this problem.

i see,is there any module for it? or we have to write a new module?

• 6 months later...

Hey!

Does this trick with MySQL work for PS1.6 also?

I have tried fore few products to updte add/upd dates, clear cache, turn it on/off, force recompile...

However, a tag "NEW" still sitting... 

any other ideas?

Thanks!

• 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey!

Does this trick with MySQL work for PS1.6 also?

I have tried fore few products to updte add/upd dates, clear cache, turn it on/off, force recompile...

However, a tag "NEW" still sitting... 

any other ideas?

Thanks!

I have the suddenly the same problem with ONE product.. Other products I've changed date for in the DB is ok, but this ONE product is a %#"%# - won't get rid of "New" label.

Did you find a solution to this that you remember?

Or anyone else know how to?