Image not showing after activating Friendly URLs

hello,

Thanks for all your suuport. To answers your questions:

1- I can see all pages - product pages, category pages etc...but no images

2- I contacted my hosting company and the necessary was already setup. Using apache.

3- I regenerated the images sevveral times but no image on the FO. But they show in the BO

4- Adding a new image was tried without success...yes on BO but no on FO

I am actually a bit surpise that this issue does not have a solution. It must have happened to people out there.

I have ready many forum and other sites with people that have similar issues but no straight forward answer. I am not going to take the risk to alter with files and programming.

Why is Prestashop support not pressing to sort out these kind of issues asap? I am disapppointed. Not good.

Happy to hear anyone that could help. Thanks in advance.

Below is the file you requested. Thanks again for the support.

# BEGIN WordPress

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d

RewriteRule . /index.php [L]

</IfModule>

# END WordPress

# ~~start~~ Do not remove this comment, Prestashop will keep automatically the code outside this comment when .htaccess will be generated again

# .htaccess automaticaly generated by PrestaShop e-commerce open-source solution

# http://www.prestashop.com - http://www.prestashop.com/forums

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>

RewriteEngine on

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^pranadeals.co.za$

RewriteRule . - [E=REWRITEBASE:/]

RewriteRule ^api/?(.*)$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}webservice/dispatcher.php?url=$1 [QSA,L]

# Images

RewriteRule ^([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.jpg$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$1$2$3.jpg [L]

RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.jpg$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$2/$1$2$3$4.jpg [L]

RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.jpg$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$2/$3/$1$2$3$4$5.jpg [L]

RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.jpg$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$1$2$3$4$5$6.jpg [L]

RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.jpg$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$5/$1$2$3$4$5$6$7.jpg [L]

RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.jpg$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$5/$6/$1$2$3$4$5$6$7$8.jpg [L]

RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.jpg$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$5/$6/$7/$1$2$3$4$5$6$7$8$9.jpg [L]

RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.jpg$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$5/$6/$7/$8/$1$2$3$4$5$6$7$8$9$10.jpg [L]

RewriteRule ^c/([0-9]+)(\-[\.*_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.jpg$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/c/$1$2$3.jpg [L]

RewriteRule ^c/([a-zA-Z_-]+)(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.jpg$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/c/$1$2.jpg [L]

# AlphaImageLoader for IE and fancybox

RewriteRule ^images_ie/?([^/]+)\.(jpe?g|png|gif)$ js/jquery/plugins/fancybox/images/$1.$2 [L]

# Dispatcher

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -s [OR]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d

RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]

RewriteRule ^.*$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}index.php [NC,L]

</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_expires.c>

ExpiresActive On

ExpiresByType image/gif "access plus 1 month"

ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access plus 1 month"

ExpiresByType image/png "access plus 1 month"

ExpiresByType text/css "access plus 1 week"

ExpiresByType text/javascript "access plus 1 week"

ExpiresByType application/javascript "access plus 1 week"

ExpiresByType application/x-javascript "access plus 1 week"

ExpiresByType image/x-icon "access plus 1 year"

</IfModule>

FileETag INode MTime Size

<IfModule mod_deflate.c>

<IfModule mod_filter.c>

AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html text/css text/javascript application/javascript application/x-javascript

</IfModule>

</IfModule>

#If rewrite mod isn't enabled

ErrorDocument 404 /index.php?controller=404

# ~~end~~ Do not remove this comment, Prestashop will keep automatically the code outside this comment when .htaccess will be generated again

Bill,

1- Compilation is setup to force compilation (got that from other forum)

2- turned cache off

3- deleted all files under cache except index files

====> still images not displaying on FO

Thanks for the support

Many Many thanks yaniv14. I really really appreciate your kind support, follow up and helping me out. I have now raised the issue with my hosting company and waiting for the reply.

Bill! thanks also for jumping in and helping.

Will post the outcome here for other to read.

• Like 1

First try solve it yourself, google more about prestashop and litespeed rewrites.

And see what you are missing.

If its some addons to htaccess than you can do yourself, and if its some extention/module/package need to be installed on your server, you can ask your host to do

• Like 1

Hello,

After few tickets raised with my hosting company (by the way great support), checking the servers, checking my website BO etc...it does not seem to be an issue with their servers. They have asked me to ask Prestashop support to check the issue. Anyone knows how to go about it?

hello, the problem in my case seems to be with the product controller.

I have two shops with the same hosting provider, installed on the same host-

with one shop everything works fine. I did not import the product controller file since I already had one.

With the other one I loaded everything and then I got the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi djaenicke,

Can you give more details, what kind of webserver you using, if apache please show htaccess content, if you using nginx show nginx server configuration.

Are you able to enter product page?

Is it only images that missing?

Hi Yaniv,

It is an Apache Webserver (.htaccess at the bottom). I can go around my store absolutely fine but just all product images are missing. I have regenerated .htaccess deleted it re-done everything but still same problem.

# ~~start~~ Do not remove this comment, Prestashop will keep automatically the code outside this comment when .htaccess will be generated again

# .htaccess automaticaly generated by PrestaShop e-commerce open-source solution

# http://www.prestashop.com - http://www.prestashop.com/forums

<IfModule mod_security.c>

SecFilterEngine Off

SecFilterScanPOST Off

</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>

# Disable Multiviews

Options -Multiviews

RewriteEngine on

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^joovuu.com$

RewriteRule . - [E=REWRITEBASE:/store/]

RewriteRule ^api/?(.*)$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}webservice/dispatcher.php?url=$1 [QSA,L]

# AlphaImageLoader for IE and fancybox

RewriteRule ^images_ie/?([^/]+)\.(jpe?g|png|gif)$ js/jquery/plugins/fancybox/images/$1.$2 [L]

</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_expires.c>

ExpiresActive On

ExpiresByType image/gif "access plus 1 month"

ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access plus 1 month"

ExpiresByType image/png "access plus 1 month"

ExpiresByType text/css "access plus 1 week"

ExpiresByType text/javascript "access plus 1 week"

ExpiresByType application/javascript "access plus 1 week"

ExpiresByType application/x-javascript "access plus 1 week"

ExpiresByType image/x-icon "access plus 1 year"

</IfModule>

FileETag INode MTime Size

<IfModule mod_deflate.c>

<IfModule mod_filter.c>

AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html text/css text/javascript application/javascript application/x-javascript

</IfModule>

</IfModule>

#If rewrite mod isn't enabled

ErrorDocument 404 /store/index.php?controller=404

# ~~end~~ Do not remove this comment, Prestashop will keep automatically the code outside this comment when .htaccess will be generated again

thank you for your help.

Hi Djaenicke,

1st try to manually delete 'htaccess' from root folder (backup first), and than regenerate from back office (turn on/off friendly url).

If you already tried that, you can try to add manual rewrite rules for images.

it should be place inside '<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>' and under

RewriteEngine on

RewriteRule . - [E=REWRITEBASE:/store/]

Add this:

# Images

RewriteRule ^([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.jpg$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$1$2$3.jpg [L]

RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.jpg$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$2/$1$2$3$4.jpg [L]

RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.jpg$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$2/$3/$1$2$3$4$5.jpg [L]

RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.jpg$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$1$2$3$4$5$6.jpg [L]

RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.jpg$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$5/$1$2$3$4$5$6$7.jpg [L]

RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.jpg$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$5/$6/$1$2$3$4$5$6$7$8.jpg [L]

RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.jpg$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$5/$6/$7/$1$2$3$4$5$6$7$8$9.jpg [L]

RewriteRule ^([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])([0-9])(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)?(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.jpg$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/p/$1/$2/$3/$4/$5/$6/$7/$8/$1$2$3$4$5$6$7$8$9$10.jpg [L]

RewriteRule ^c/([0-9]+)(\-[\.*_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.jpg$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/c/$1$2$3.jpg [L]

RewriteRule ^c/([a-zA-Z_-]+)(-[0-9]+)?/.+\.jpg$ %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/c/$1$2.jpg [L]

Before checking it, make sure prestashop will not override your changes, if so try to add that code above or below

Let me know what happens, also if its still not working I would like to inspect your site for few minutes with friendly url turned on.

Guys,

I'm following this thread closely basically because I have the same issue, and have tried all the suggestions in the thread.

But I am double busy right now to spend much time on it.

I recently upgraded to 1.5.4.1 but still have the 1.4.4.0 install going in a sub-folder.

Friendly URL's will not work in the 1.5.4.1 install but work perfectly well on the 1.4.4.0 install.

http://sudyod.net and http://sudyod.net/old

So I guess this must be a 1.5.4.1 specific issue.

I am on VPS apache and Plesk V10 (i'll get the full spec later as I'm at work right now).

Thanks.

Hello everyone, I have the same problem. It's a shame because Prestashop offers a lot but these kinds of issue really concern me. About 6 weeks ago I installed 1.5.3.1 and struggled for a long time with friendly url issues then, including a long email communication with my hosting provider.

Update - deleting the .htaccess file and regenerating it has worked for me. Thanks.

Edited by Crympton (see edit history)

• 10 months later...

Hey Guys, try this way step by step, I hope this will work for you.
I have just done this for one of my client ishoppingtime.com

1. Copy your .htaccess file ( from the root to your desktop or you can rename the .htaccess file on your server)

2. Go to your prestashop admin panel, prefrence SEO and URL, disable seo friendly url.

3. Admin panel > Seo on and then go to Schema of URLs Clik save ( do not change any htaccess code ) now after save this will generate a new .htaccess on your server.
4. Go to Preferences > Images now click reGenerate thumbnails 

Now go back to your website refresh the page.

You will also find a new .htaccess on your server and your products images will be working as well

This did work for me for this click:)

If you need any help inbox via this forum  or skype

rktalreja ( skype)

Raj kumar

Zero 360 Web Technologies

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi there!

my name is Rens and I am very happy with such an active forum. Hope that this topic still is active.

I'm new to prestashop, learning as I go along, I'm now looking at Seo friendly, and guess what: all my images (except for the frontpage) have gone also. I've tried all the tips mentioned in this and other topics, but to no result.

The site is here: www.videoveilig.nl/to. Hope anybody can help..

• 2 weeks later...