Who successfully upgraded to 1.2?

Major problems here.

1) In the install, all the folder permissions were 777 YET the updater told me the permissions were wrong. (just ignored it)

2) I moved the image folder over, but for some reason none of the products are showing images. (no clue how to fix that)

3) Site is running extremely slow

Still trying to fix the pictures, I'll update if I come across anymore problems.

Major problems here.

1) In the install, all the folder permissions were 777 YET the updater told me the permissions were wrong. (just ignored it)

2) I moved the image folder over, but for some reason none of the products are showing images. (no clue how to fix that)

3) Site is running extremely slow

Still trying to fix the pictures, I'll update if I come across anymore problems.

Thanks, I think I'll hold off for a while then.

I'm having troubles to!

After upgrading categories are not shown on Front office. They are shown on Back office, but not editable. Also CMS-pages are not editable !??

And my v1.1 theme is somehow not working properly!? Should 1.1 themes work on 1.2 ??

I upgraded fine.

Themes do need slightly alteration, mainly the header.tpl file as there are new enteries there and also some new files in the js folder.

Also i had to regenerate my htaccess and robot.txt files as there are new enteries in both those, there were affecting images displaying.

I still have mixed content warnings on my SSL which I have entered as a bug, but the bug that was causing warnings when moving from https to http are now gone.

My paypal module now works properly, so I dont need to use the module created by paul at ecartservices.net.

Havent tried using the new paypal API module but will do soon.

Looks like tinymce has been updated to the newest version.

All my modules semm to be working fine.

i too am having problems with the upgrade.

i followed the upgrade directions from the wiki, but i am having the same issues as davidtnb.

1) the install tells me that the folder permissions are wrong even though they are chmod'd to 777.

2) images don't show up after the upgrade.

thpol, maybe you could give us the method you used for upgrade?

thanks

I don't know HOW to downgrade but at this point I'm willing, the upgrade gave some sort of SQL error and now the descriptions are missing for 90 percent of my products and seemingly at random.. they don't show up in front or back office!! did I lose all my "more info" descriptions??

To show the missing images ,you must edit .htaccess

# .htaccess automaticaly generated by PrestaShop e-commerce open-source solution
# http://www.prestashop.com - http://www.prestashop.com/forums

# URL rewriting module activation
RewriteEngine on

# URL rewriting rules
RewriteRule ^([a-z0-9]+)\-([a-z0-9]+)(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)/([_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)\.jpg$ /img/p/$1-$2$3.jpg [L,E]
RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)(\-[_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)/([_a-zA-Z0-9-]*)\.jpg$ /img/c/$1$2.jpg [L,E]
RewriteRule ^lang-([a-z]{2})/([a-zA-Z0-9-]*)/([0-9]+)\-([a-zA-Z0-9-]*)\.html(.*)$ /product.php?id_product=$3&isolang;=$1$5 [L,E]
RewriteRule ^lang-([a-z]{2})/([0-9]+)\-([a-zA-Z0-9-]*)\.html(.*)$ /product.php?id_product=$2&isolang;=$1$4 [L,E]
RewriteRule ^lang-([a-z]{2})/([0-9]+)\-([a-zA-Z0-9-]*)(.*)$ /category.php?id_category=$2&isolang;=$1 [QSA,L,E]
RewriteRule ^([a-zA-Z0-9-]*)/([0-9]+)\-([a-zA-Z0-9-]*)\.html(.*)$ /product.php?id_product=$2$4 [L,E]
RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)\-([a-zA-Z0-9-]*)\.html(.*)$ /product.php?id_product=$1$3 [L,E]
RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)\-([a-zA-Z0-9-]*)(.*)$ /category.php?id_category=$1 [QSA,L,E]
RewriteRule ^content/([0-9]+)\-([a-zA-Z0-9-]*)(.*)$ /cms.php?id_cms=$1 [QSA,L,E]
RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)__([a-zA-Z0-9-]*)(.*)$ /supplier.php?id_supplier=$1$3 [QSA,L,E]
RewriteRule ^([0-9]+)_([a-zA-Z0-9-]*)(.*)$ /manufacturer.php?id_manufacturer=$1$3 [QSA,L,E]
RewriteRule ^lang-([a-z]{2})/(.*)$ /$2?isolang=$1 [QSA,L,E]

# Catch 404 errors
ErrorDocument 404 /404.php

Or you can reset a new .htaccess file from you admin home -->Tools-->Generator

If you have upgraded you will need to check your CSM pages as they are being replaced with the default content. Only the default cms pages are being changed (T&C;'s, delivery etc), pages you created yourself are fine. This has already been reported as a bug.

I upgrade to 1.2 and all my CMS pages are missing, except Terms & Conditions. I already make backup of the whole site including the database, but the problem is I can't find it in the database. Anybody know which table holds the record of the CMS pages?

Any help will be appreciated,
Jay

sorry I did not see somebody did reply lol Anyway do you think we should wait and see until there is less bug? My shop does not have prducts yet as I have not yet done that steps but I have lost my thme normal...did not customzie the corect way to start with. any idea on how to copy my old theme?

Only problem is that the upgrade code seems to have issues - doesn't seem to accept the fact that most stores may not just contain the "demo" data., and may have had the audacity to actually add data to tables....

I would strongly recommend a trial run on a test server unless you've done little or no customisation of any kind :P

Paul

@petitesouris: actually I never found my old CMS in the backup sql (very strange, really). But since I have backup in Word document (although not the latest one), I can re-create the CMS pages easily.
And for theme, my old theme also broken in 1.2 (and I test several 1.1 themes and it doesn't work properly too on 1.2). What I did is: copy the 1.2 default theme folder, copy all images from my old theme to /img directory, and edit the global.css. I did spend couple hours to make the new theme look like the old ones (duh!).

@paul: For CMS pages, I suggest do the old way backup method = open the page on browser and do "save as" :-D

Also, I can't make the 1.2 search works for three letter words (which is pain in the a** since many brands use only 3 letters). I have another thread on this: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/23819/#111439

From what I have seen and reported as a bug, version 1.2 has issues with Tables in CMS. It always displays the borders, even when you hide them. This was not the case in 1.1. I converted all of mine to CSS DIV tags, but it is much more difficult to control that way.

For those looking for step by step upgrade instructions read post 49 here :
http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/4073/P45/#99868

@blaszta It wasn't the CMS I had grief with. The upgrade assumes that some tables are never modified by add-ons or customisations and so they have hard-coded the additional content they want in the upgrade script which overwrites anything you've added in there :-/ Not a huge problem if this fact was highlighted in the documentation - but that's another story isn't it :lol:

It is the payment module status messages they have hard coded, despite the fact that the key field is set to auto-increment.... at least that's the only one I've found so far. To be fair, in a brutally honest way, it's because the whole order status message code is a mess - why would you define a constant as the key to a field in a database table? It would make more sense for them to either be static (and then there would be no upgrade issues) or have them live purely in the database; I know they've used the database for language support - but the present "solution" to achieve this is a mess.

At least there's an upgrade to go wrong I guess :P

Paul

Ok for me the upgrade was 3 days wrok to go back to previous install and also I looked everywhere to find the previous version to do a clean install but could not find it.
I am back to the old version and will stick with it!! Until the new 1.2 is more stable and thast all the modules I have such as australia post and so on works with the new version.

The positive side is I learnt so MUCH about everything by trying to sort out my issues...I amamanged to get all my cms back and the site is back to normal...

Cheers and good luck

Shenit,

To be fair they don't know what you might have done to your store. Folks have been happily hacking away changing core files, original template files etc. and all of these things will cause problems when you try and upgrade.

In theory, all you should need to "preserve" is you settings, emails, translations, theme (own version, not the prestashop named one which will get overwritten), images and any non-standard modules you've added. I can't think of anything else off the top of my head to be honest.

If you have changed ANY of the original distribution files with the exception of the email templates and the translations, then the upgrade is going to be much harder for you.

Of course you should always have a complete file and database backup of your store before starting just in case....

Paul

You MUST recreate your .htaccess from the backend for images to show up. I also did not transfer my old custom template over because I knew there were changes.

After the upgrade the product descriptions are gone. Where are the product descriptions?

Anybody got a quick fix?