Layered Navigation Cannot Select Filters

Hi,

I am trying to set the layered navigation filters but all I get is a spinning "Loading" sign.

I have got the default one to show which shows everything but I want to turn some off. I have tried selecting all categories and also just specific ones but I get the same spinning loading screen.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks

• Like 1

Have you tried reinstalling the module. At least with an upgraded shop it is not initialized properly by default. My list of modules that need to be resetted/reinstalled after upgrade look like this atm.

Reinsurrance reset

loyaltiy points reset

cart block uninstall / install

Reinstall block layered

Reinstall payment modules

Best regards, trip

Hi,

I am trying to set the layered navigation filters but all I get is a spinning "Loading" sign.

I have got the default one to show which shows everything but I want to turn some off. I have tried selecting all categories and also just specific ones but I get the same spinning loading screen.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks

I'm experiencing this same issue. I tried repopulating the indexes, resetting, uninstalling/reinstalling, etc and so far nothing has solved the issue.

Hello, is friendly URL working fine on the store? URL Re-writing needs to be enabled. Are there any specific errors?

Locate on your computer, or directly from your web server's FTP, the file config/config.inc.php in your store's directory, and scroll down to line 28:

/* Debug only */

@ini_set('display_errors', 'off');

define('_PS_DEBUG_SQL_', false);

Change to

@ini_set('display_errors', 'on');

define('_PS_DEBUG_SQL_', true);

What I don't get is that it was working fine just a week or so ago (last time I checked). This is the error we get with Friendly URLs (which are currently set to enabled):

URL rewriting (mod_rewrite) is not active on your server. If you want to use Friendly URLs you must activate this mod.

However, I just checked with my host and they say it is enabled. I have confirmed it is working.

Also, I changed the code and that didn't fix it. :(

UPDATE: I just uninstalled and reinstalled it again, and with that code change, and somehow managed to get it to give me this error, which is farther than I've been getting:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class BlockLayered in /modules/blocklayered/blocklayered.php on line 4228

No filters selected, the blocklayered will be disable for the categories seleted.

Edited by Since1953 (see edit history)

Bump. Anyone had any luck finding the root of the issue? I even tried deleting it and reinstalling from a fresh download of the module, but I'm still getting the error in the backend:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class BlockLayered in /modules/blocklayered/blocklayered.php on line 4228

I just restored to a backup I had from last month before the layered navigation stopped working and now everything is working great. It's version 1.5.0.17. I'm going to attempt to upgrade and hopefully it will stay working. I'll let you know how it goes.

Alright...that was somewhat a cop-out. My biggest frustration with 1.5.3 is that the image links are broken. I've moved the images using the backend, but the problem I'm running into is that I can "regenerate thumbnails", and some will regenerate, but then I get to a certain point and it just times out after about 3 seconds (I even tried changing the configuration so that the server will allow longer connections, but that didn't seem to do anything) and returns an HTTP 500 error.

• 2 weeks later...

I obviously have real problem with this module.

This time it gave few errors and stopped working after that. I restored and it's not working anymore. I nearly configured my shop and if I have to start 3rd time again and it crashes again I don't know!

Even clean roll-back and now it's not working - what could cause issues with layered navigation on the server to check it?

I restored to a backup of when it was working and that solved the issue. I also created a fresh test server running 1.5.3 and it is currently working properly. If it suddenly stops working again, I'll try and find out the cause and post back.

I did too but I can't make hourly backups 'just to be sure'

I think I got it but I'm not sure. I just logger off and on again in BO and It seems it worked from that.

Both my modded module and the currently included in 1.5.4 are acting the same so It have to be something within the system.

• 1 month later...

Okay, I got the exact same issue as you guy.

And I got it working again without restoring any backup.

I can't tell which of these steps made it working, but here is the list of what I did.

1. I got a warning telling that mod_rewrite wasn't active on my server because it couldn't be verified or it wasn't supported, (i'm hosted on bluehost and as mentioned it should be enabled) so I just turned it on.
  2. I got another warning telling me that my shop domain wasn't matching the domain from which I was signing in, to my back office. I was signing from "www.mywebsite.com" and inside my shop domain it was written "mywebsite.com", so I just added the "www." to make them match.
  3. I regenerated all my thumbnails, (I didn't had to wait for all of them to be regenerated before it started to work again.

I hope these steps can help someone else, because I know how it can be really annoying to have this feature not working.

• 3 weeks later...

Just installed 1.5.4 (new user, no back up, no previous shop)

Cant get layered navigation to work at all:

1. Loading sign keeps spinning

2. Errors when trying to "index missing prices"

I tried everything that I found in this topic and in others and nothing seems to be working.

(In many cases sollutions seem to be obsolete in 1.5.4 as php files have changed)

I do have the issue as mentioned above: my store URL is different from the main shop domain. I cant change the shop domain for obvious reasons and have no clue how or where to change the store URL.

Thanks for your help!

Hi julian walker,

Hopefully spidersiteme will respond with a solution. In the meantime take a look at this thread http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/218096-cant-edit-or-update-layered-navigation-loading-forever/

Specifically post #5. Try and change the permission set for those folders and let us know if it worked for you. Thank you!

• Like 1

Thanks for that Benjamin.

I Change modules folder permissions to 755. Only the modules folder, not sub folders, and Change blocklayered folder permissions to 755 and all file permissions to 644. That didn't work.

Have just delete & reinstalled, no change. So.. I look forward to Spidersiteme's fix!

I havent done it yet, still lots of other prestashop things to do. I suppose the prospect of the 'manual backup of your PrestaShop files and Database' keeps me finding other things to do!

Whats to stop me uploading the blocklayered.zip on post 32 and installing like any other module?

Or am I missing something? :unsure:

Edited by julian walker (see edit history)

Hi Benjamin

Do you know how to disable links from parent categories so they dont go to pages with empty icons & links to subcategories, so the serve just as a navigation hierarchy

see:

http://jonnyjavelin....osted.co.uk/9--

as an example

Hi Benjamin did you manage to look at this?

Edited by julian walker (see edit history)

The problem as been fixed I just fixed julian walker Site ..

You will need to add a www to the domain you can do this by putting in the.

Htaccess file

Redirect your_site.com to www.yoursite.com:

RewriteEngine on (ONLY if it's not already there)

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^your_site.com

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.yoursite.com/$1 [R=301,L]

OR

back office

Preferences > SEO & URLs

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Check in your address bar on top of your browser if you have www. in your address. That was my problem. I only had http://myshopblabla....abla/blabla.... so I added www. to get http://www.myshopbla...abla/blabla.... Now my blocklayered module works fine in BO, I can modify all settings, while before I only got Loading and nothing else was happening. However, this is just a temporary solution and it should be sorted in htaccess. I'm gonna work on it.

Edited by mouse1 (see edit history)

I am now getting this also, with 1.5.5.0. Also Only home category showing in the filters of layered navigation, no sub categories. I and others have posted about the menus not showing but there hasn't been any response. I am now going back to 1.5.4.1 as I cannot spend more time on this problem.

I am now getting this also, with 1.5.5.0. Also Only home category showing in the filters of layered navigation, no sub categories. I and others have posted about the menus not showing but there hasn't been any response. I am now going back to 1.5.4.1 as I cannot spend more time on this problem.

Exactly the same here on Prestashop 1.5.5 and blocklayered 1.8.9

Hi, is this an updated store? RCP90, fixed his issue in this post, http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/218096-cant-edit-or-update-layered-navigation-loading-forever/page-2

Let me know if it works for you, make sure to always have a backup. 

hello, 

the only issue which is fixed is the constant 'loadin' when selecting the filters.

but the main problem is not fixed. Only home is visible when creating layered navigation templates, the sub categories will not display.

Lots of people have this same issue, and I have tried many things to fix it. so for now I will be going back to 1.5.4.1

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I have a problem with the block layered navigation.

In front office doesn't work the price and attribute filter and in the console I get this error: Error: can not call methods on slider prior to initialization; attempted to call method 'values'.

Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

I can't believe it's version 1.5.6 and this error still occurs!

I am getting the forever spinning image when I try to select filters. And all the indexes fail when I try to generate them.

Why is there still not a solution for this??

It's my first experience with PS and I have to say that I am finding very frustrating. Some errors and many things that are half done. 

• Like 1

I can't believe it's version 1.5.6 and this error still occurs!

I am getting the forever spinning image when I try to select filters. And all the indexes fail when I try to generate them.

Why is there still not a solution for this??

It's my first experience with PS and I have to say that I am finding very frustrating. Some errors and many things that are half done. 

I know right. I am getting the same thing with 1.5.6 as well now, I did create a new thread because none of the 'fixes' seem to work.

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/282258-156-layered-navigation-filters-continuously-loading/?do=findComment&comment=1419805

The problem with spinning image is because of a lot of categories/products/features in your shop. The DB query takes a long time.

Try to change the sql query, round line 7000 in blocklayered.php change:

$features = Db::getInstance(_PS_USE_SQL_SLAVE_)->executeS('
SELECT fl.id_feature, fl.name, COUNT(DISTINCT(fv.id_feature_value)) n
FROM '._DB_PREFIX_.'feature_lang fl
LEFT JOIN '._DB_PREFIX_.'feature_value fv ON (fv.id_feature = fl.id_feature)
'.(count($category_box) ? '
LEFT JOIN '._DB_PREFIX_.'feature_product fp ON (fp.id_feature = fv.id_feature)
LEFT JOIN '._DB_PREFIX_.'category_product cp ON (cp.id_product = fp.id_product)' : '').'
WHERE (fv.custom IS NULL OR fv.custom = 0) AND fl.id_lang = '.(int)$cookie->id_lang.
(count($category_box) ? ' AND cp.id_category IN ('.implode(',', $category_box).')' : '').'
GROUP BY fl.id_feature');

TO:

SELECT fl.id_feature, fl.name
LEFT JOIN '._DB_PREFIX_.'feature_product fp ON (fp.id_feature = fl.id_feature)
LEFT JOIN '._DB_PREFIX_.'category_product cp ON (cp.id_product = fp.id_product)' : '').'
WHERE fl.id_lang = '.(int)$cookie->id_lang.
(count($category_box) ? ' AND cp.id_category IN ('.implode(',', $category_box).')' : '').'

The problem with spinning image is because of a lot of categories/products/features in your shop. The DB query takes a long time.

Try to change the sql query, round line 7000 in blocklayered.php change:

SELECT fl.id_feature, fl.name, COUNT(DISTINCT(fv.id_feature_value)) n
LEFT JOIN '._DB_PREFIX_.'feature_value fv ON (fv.id_feature = fl.id_feature)
LEFT JOIN '._DB_PREFIX_.'feature_product fp ON (fp.id_feature = fv.id_feature)
WHERE (fv.custom IS NULL OR fv.custom = 0) AND fl.id_lang = '.(int)$cookie->id_lang.

TO:

SELECT fl.id_feature, fl.name
LEFT JOIN '._DB_PREFIX_.'feature_product fp ON (fp.id_feature = fl.id_feature)
WHERE fl.id_lang = '.(int)$cookie->id_lang.

i get this with fresh install of 1,5,6, so there is a very small amount of products and categories which come with the standard installation.

Edited by RCP90 (see edit history)

The module does not work for me Benjamin, still get the continuous loading.

in Chrome when I right click the 'loading' image and inspect element and go to console it shows:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 503 (temporarily overloaded)

mysite/modules/blocklayered/blocklayered-ajax-back.php

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I can not show the "prices" slider too in the layered navigation. All works but not the "prices". I'm using PS 1.5.4. Any idea?

Still remain two problems in version 1.5.6.0:

1 -. Was permanently stays in Loading ... when selecting any filter. My database has 30 items.
. 2 - The filter for the price slide or value table does not appear

and the last post is from November 2013 (?)
  • Like 1

Still remain two problems in version 1.5.6.0:

1 -. Was permanently stays in Loading ... when selecting any filter. My database has 30 items.
. 2 - The filter for the price slide or value table does not appear

and the last post is from November 2013 (?)

Hello,

1.5.6.1 fixes all of these issues

RCP90 no it doesn't. I have 1.5.6.1 and layered doesn't work, not even changing pages works. Site is practically unusable if I use this module and this module is necessary.

I don't know how to debug it, I don't know how to get an error message.

I tried rebuilding the indexes, the rebuilds work but the module still breaks the site.

I use a custom theme but I don't know where to look...

Please help!

Hi,

It I forgot, that it still did not work with 1.5.6.1, sorry. I raised a bug issue on forge.prestashop back in December and it was fixed with blocklayered  1.10.0, are you using version 1.10.0? because I believe that when you autoupgrade from 1.5.6.0 it does not include blocklayered 1.10.0, only a complete new install of 1.5.6.1 includes it.

blocklayered 1.10.0 was fixed specifically for 1.5.6.0 & 1.5.6.1 because of the problems.

Extract block layered 1.10.1 for https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/archive/1.6.zip, zip it and install via the "add new module" interface in BO

1.5.6.1. I can confirm that it fixes the 'loading' issue, as well as additional problems with filters.

I hope that this helps.

And you can see in the modules list that you have blocklayered 1.10 installed, not 1.9? On all of the forge bugs raised , installing 1.10 fixes the issue.

http://puu.sh/6mK6d.png

When you extracted blocklayered did you zip it and install it via the 'add new module' in BO?

The only exception I read was when someone had a conflict with a 3rd party module.

I also just did another install of 1.5.4.1, upgraded to 1.5.6.1, installed the updated blocklayered, and it works

I can confirm you it's the 1.10 version but I didn't unzip/rezip/upload. I just downloaded the zip on the server, unzipped it and replaced the files and checked the ownership and permissions.

I don't want to delete the module and reinstall it from scratch cause I did lots of customisations which I don't want to lose.

When I originally had this issue in December I updated to 1.10, and reset the module, and it is working perfectly with our site, I know that it is also working with many other people.

This morning I made another install of 1.5.4.1, updated to 1.5.6.1 just to test it, had the "loading issue" installed 1.10, and it fixed it, so it definitely works.

I understand that you do not want to lose the work you have done, so maybe you need another work around, so it is a difficult situation. I had been experiencing bugs for almost a year with the layered navigation, but I am really happy now as it is working perfectly.

I think I'm gonna try to make a backup and reset the plugin and see if that works, and if it does, it's a big price to pay but it's worth it.

Please be so kind and tell me how do I actually reset the plugin.

Btw, thanks for your help so far!

I would suggest zipping the file, and installing it via the add new module section in BO, that is the method that the PS dev told me to use, and it worked.

I do not know if you are using any other 3rd party modules, maybe you should create a new, test installation of PS 1.5.6.1, update bloacklayered to 1.10, just so you can confirm it is working, so that you may eliminate any module conflicts.

You can also find the blocklayered module in the module list and select reset.

Ok, I'll try it later and tell you if it works.

Thanks!

OK, I hope it does, I just did the whole thing from fresh this morning to test and it was fine! So good luck, I know how frustrating it can be because, the layered navigation has been a long running issue for me and I can honestly say it is perfect now.

Thanks! Well for me worked just fine until I upgraded it. It's very frustrating, this combined with various other huge problems that 1.5.6.1 brought to me.

If I knew, I never would upgrade. In the future I'll upgrade on development server and then move to production cause this situation sucks big time.

Thanks! Well for me worked just fine until I upgraded it. It's very frustrating, this combined with various other huge problems that 1.5.6.1 brought to me.

If I knew, I never would upgrade. In the future I'll upgrade on development server and then move to production cause this situation sucks big time.

1.5.4.1 Layered navigation menu worked fine, however it had severe CSV import limitations ( i.e not being able to update product data with the reference as key, it would clear all data for product).

1.5.6.0 fixed the CSV issues, however it brought issues with the layered navigation ( constant loading , filters resetting etc ) 1.5.6.1 was supposed to fix the loading but didn't. But then they released the 1.10 and now all is fine.

It has been a struggle up until now, but stick with it. I found support in this forum great, and if you do find bugs submit bug reports to Forge.prestashop as the developers do take it seriously.

This is by far the best open source cart solution I have worked with, with great community.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I had the same problem too.

If you use a Templatemonster theme than you must know that there is a jQuery conflict between blocklayered.js and the TOGGLE PAGE PRODUCT (TAB) and TOGGLE FOOTER functions in mainscript.js. I do not use this functions so I have deleted and there you go, it works.

• 2 weeks later...