Can't edit or update Layered Navigation (loading forever!)

I STUPIDLY deleted the template I had set up for the layered navigation module and, obviously, that deleted all the filters for categories, attributes, features etc that I wanted to show in the store.

I've since tried to create a new template but when I try to select "all categories", I'm just faced with a "Loading" screen that never ever finishes. I've also tried to reset the module and edit the filters of the default template it automatically generates but the same thing happens.

Any ideas on a fix? This is a pretty important feature for my shop as I've got hundreds of products and counting...

This happens with Layered Navigation 1.8.5 and 1.8.6

I'm using PS 1.5.3.1 with Layered Navigation 1.8.6. My theme has no conflicting Layered Navigation files.

My configuration tells me that these files are missing:

• .gitignore
  • modules/blocklayered/img/index.php
  • modules/blocklayered/img/icon/index.php

post-358133-0-22352500-1358719104_thumb.png

Edited by Sarak (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

This solution worked for me:

1. Change modules folder permissions to 755. Only the modules folder, not sub folders.

2. Change blocklayered folder permissions to 755 and all file permissions to 644.

I found write permission errors on my error log. Hope it works for others too.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Check in your address bar on top of your browser if you have www. in your address. That was my problem. I only had http://myshopblabla....abla/blabla.... so I added www. to get http://www.myshopbla...abla/blabla.... Now my blocklayered module works fine in BO, I can modify all settings, while before I only got Loading and nothing else was happening. However, this is just a temporary solution and it should be sorted in htaccess. I'm gonna work on it.

Edited by mouse1 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Check in your address bar on top of your browser if you have www. in your address. That was my problem. I only had http://myshopblabla....abla/blabla.... so I added www. to get http://www.myshopbla...abla/blabla.... Now my blocklayered module works fine in BO, I can modify all settings, while before I only got Loading and nothing else was happening. However, this is just a temporary solution and it should be sorted in htaccess. I'm gonna work on it.

This worked temporarily to stop the 'loading' but I can still only see the home category, and none of the sub categories in the layered navigation.

RCP90, could you maybe take a screenshot of your problem? Another thing to do (which helped me actually to find out + reading all posts about this) is to use Chrome browser to view your BO. Once you are in your Layered navigation and your problem appears, open your local menu (right-click anywhere on the page) and choose Inspect element. A new type of a tab opens for you at the bottom of the page. Go to Console and see what it says. It shows you scripts or other elements that could not be loaded and the reason why. Then, you can look up the warnings or post them here.  

RCP90, could you maybe take a screenshot of your problem? Another thing to do (which helped me actually to find out + reading all posts about this) is to use Chrome browser to view your BO. Once you are in your Layered navigation and your problem appears, open your local menu (right-click anywhere on the page) and choose Inspect element. A new type of a tab opens for you at the bottom of the page. Go to Console and see what it says. It shows you scripts or other elements that could not be loaded and the reason why. Then, you can look up the warnings or post them here.  

Hello,

Thank you, I will do that then post some screens. I only started getting the 'loading' issue this morning, the main issue is that only the home category will display when configuring the layered navigation in 1.5.5.0 and none of the sub categories. I

have gone back to 1.5.4.1, but will install 1.5.5.0 and try what you said, and hopefully get this fixed because I would really like to use 1.5.5.0 because of some of the features that have been added.

Hello,

Thank you, I will do that then post some screens. I only started getting the 'loading' issue this morning, the main issue is that only the home category will display when configuring the layered navigation in 1.5.5.0 and none of the sub categories. I

have gone back to 1.5.4.1, but will install 1.5.5.0 and try what you said, and hopefully get this fixed because I would really like to use 1.5.5.0 because of some of the features that have been added.

I understand. I'm on 1.5.4.0 at the moment, so your problem could be different from mine. But anyway, posting screenshots and using Console, those are universal ways to try and find out what the cause is. 

Nothing, that is the problem.

This is the issue when upgrading to 1.5.5.0 and with a fresh install, it just does not work.

Try the Console as well to see what it says. It should show you if there is a problem. In the tabs at the bottom of the page you see Elements | Resources | Network | Sources | Timeline | Profiles | Audits | Console . 

So it's more or less the same problem I had, just the opposite. Try and go to the address bar of your browser. You probably have .... there. Try and change it to it means remove www. from the address), then reload the page.  

Hi,

OK, that will stop the 'loading' issue. But does not fix the problem with the 'specific categories' only displaying the home category only.

Thank you for you help BTW, I know a few people are experiencing the categories problem. :/

hope somebody figures out a solution soon.

Edited by RCP90 (see edit history)

Hi,

OK, that will stop the 'loading' issue. But does not fix the problem with the 'specific categories' only displaying the home category only.

Thank you for you help BTW, I know a few people are experiencing the categories problem. :/

:-( I thought this could have helped. Try the Console again if it still shows some problem. If not, then I'm not sure what it could be. :-( Sorry. I know it's frustrating. 

:-( I thought this could have helped. Try the Console again if it still shows some problem. If not, then I'm not sure what it could be. :-( Sorry. I know it's frustrating. 

Hey,

Don't apologize! Thank you for trying to help, and the URL change did fix the 'loading'. Just this other issue. I'm sure it will be addressed at some point.. for now I will go back to 1.5.4.1.

Thank you again for your help, I appreciate it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Try the Console as well to see what it says. It should show you if there is a problem. In the tabs at the bottom of the page you see Elements | Resources | Network | Sources | Timeline | Profiles | Audits | Console . 

problems here too, filed bug reports but nobody seems to read those (or care).

When I try to select a category the pop=up window shows and I can select a category. But then something strange happens; the front of the site is shown in the backend. I attached a screenshot with what I mean

post-711653-0-42369200-1384342490_thumb.png

• 4 months later...

Hello,

1. Change modules folder permissions to 755. Only the modules folder, not sub folders.

2. Change blocklayered folder permissions to 755 and all file permissions to 644.

Thanks, this worked for me in PS 1.6!

• Like 1

Hello,

Thanks this worked for me on v1.6.0.5

• 5 years later...

For me nothing found on the web was working, and after hours of trying again and again I figured it out that I have the debug mode enabled, and without any reason it seams that disabling it makes the layered navigation work again.