[SOLVED] "Pay with PayPal" = Blank Screen

EMB Inc

The paypal module goes to a blank screen when someone tries to buy. They can go through products, select one, put it in the cart, login, go to the payment screen, select "Pay with PayPal" and the screen goes white. No connection. If they hit the back button the site is gone and they must retype the address in the browser to get back to the shop. Any ideas as to why this is happening? The API credentials in the PS Paypal module are set correctly and match the paypal site's credentials. The rest of the site apears to be working ok.....I think.... at least something else has not surfaced yet. Any ideas as to what has happened?

I have the same problem and there are so many of the same issues with the free PayPal module.

I'm so sick of trying to find an answer to this problem. The PayPal module needs to be updated ASAP as it's one of the most popular payment gateways.

I loved Prestashop when I switched to it, but there is no use to have it if I can't get the only payment gateway that I use to work.

I have the same problem and there are so many of the same issues with the free PayPal module.

I'm so sick of trying to find an answer to this problem. The PayPal module needs to be updated ASAP as it's one of the most popular payment gateways.

I loved Prestashop when I switched to it, but there is no use to have it if I can't get the only payment gateway that I use to work.

Can't deny that. The problem is a game ender.

I've tried on your shop and everything looks fine. I've not processed the complete payment process but I don't have a blank screen.

I'm redirect to the PayPal website.

Just tried. No can do. If you went to the website via the admin panel it will take you to Paypal but the transaction will not complete. Other computers here in Ohio cannot get there to PAYPAL from the store. My resources have to be redirected. This is costing me way too much time and money.

1. You need to know the error

for 1.5.3

modify config/defines.php.inc to

define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);

before 1.5.3

modify config/config.inc.php

@ini_set('display_errors', 'on');

2. reproduce the error

3. using google search use this term: prestashop (part of your error message)

also I've heard a rumor if you turn off 'terms and conditions' the redirect works...just something I heard through the grapevine...

1. You need to know the error

for 1.5.3

modify config/defines.php.inc to

define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);

before 1.5.3

modify config/config.inc.php

@ini_set('display_errors', 'on');

2. reproduce the error

3. using google search use this term: prestashop (part of your error message)

also I've heard a rumor if you turn off 'terms and conditions' the redirect works...just something I heard through the grapevine...

Hello Elpatron,

Thank you for your consistent effort to help out. It is much appreciated. I modified config/defines.php.inc to

define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true); I also disabled terms and conditions. Neither has yielded the coveted jewel of success. I cannot locate

where the error is being revealed. My log file is empty. Or am I lost in space and looking in the wrong place? :blink:

I have same problem.

I am on Presta 1.5.2 and PayPal v3.4.4

I have just updated PayPal and wanted to test it and what I get after pressing "Pay with your card or your PayPal account" I get blank screen (on Firefox) or 500 Error on Crome.

Any suggestions? This is sooo irritating.

Regards,

Nikola

Edited by Blejzer (see edit history)

I have same problem.

I am on Presta 1.5.2 and PayPal v3.4.4

I have just updated PayPal and wanted to test it and what I get after pressing "Pay with your card or your PayPal account" I get blank screen (on Firefox) or 500 Error on Crome.

Any suggestions? This is sooo irritating.

Regards,

Nikola

I see that there is a pattern growing here. I am not a programmer and therefore have hit a brick wall on this one. I'd be willing to discuss how to fix this with Prestashop help staff, if they exist. I have PM'd Benjamin and another "Presta" bannered profile but they have been unable to come up with a solution to the problem to date. My hat is off to Elpatron who has demonstrated that he is at least willing to help by making some suggested courses of action. Unfortunately we haven't discovered a solution to the problem as of yet. Love the look and feel of the software....even some glitches are acceptable..BUT.. hate the critical failures.... especially the critical issue of the Paypal module failing to work.

I understand that there are hired guns for help out there. And I have nothing against paying for something that I cannot and / or do not understand. But I would like to give it a try first before I do it, since this is also my field of work. I just do not like giving up so easily.

But, if it comes to that, I will ask for help.

Back to the topic: Is there a way to downgrade PayPal to previous version, since that one worked just fine for me?

• Like 1

@emb You can't do what you are wanting to do, nor should. The reason that chrome blank pages is because apparently it has better security than the other browsers. You are re-writing headers from one domain to another. You can't rewrite paypals header, you have no access over their server.

Also paypal standard does not like to be displayed in an iframe. Here is a link from there forums

https://www.x.com/developers/paypal/forums/general-support/using-paypal-iframe

https://www.x.com/developers/paypal/forums/paypal-developers/use-iframe-open-paypal-payment-page

https://www.x.com/developers/paypal/forums/general-support/using-paypal-iframes-0

• Like 1

I am also experiencing this issue with the paypal module. This needs urgent attention from the developers as Im not convinced this is an issue with PayPal as some have reported.

While I am fortunate to have an alternate payment processor, with PayPal being such an important processor for many small stores, it really is a show stopper if the most common payment processor cannot actually process payments...

A very fundamental flaw with Prestashop which has resulted in me needing to disable paypal until a solution is found..

I do maybe wonder if this could be a java issue.

Marty

http://NZstore.biz

if one is not capable of getting the information from a 'blank' screen or 500 error...then really there is little hope of ever solving this issue...I did not see where emb said anything about rewrites...

@emb consistent effort? is that some sort of compliment?

again, if you can't get the error code...either as described or by looking at your hosting error log, you are just wasting time..there and here.

so martin_nz, did you read the entire post and try to get the underlying error? When you post on someone elses post, you should read it and say that you did or did not do what was posted before so we don't all have to start over again.

• Like 1

UPDATE:

I have read a "little" on this problem and tested several options witout any success. But, I have received prestashop email from my store: A client has encountered a problem with the module PayPalAPI, see the report: PayPal response:

TIMESTAMP -> 2013-02-06T10:03:09Z

L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10002

L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Security error

L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> Security header is not valid

L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

So, now what?

Thank you for your replies everyone. Excuse me for breathing Mr. Elpatron as it appears that you take great pleasure in criticising myself and other forum users for being complete retards when we dare to ask for assistance.

Well maybe I am a retard when it comes to PHP coding however let me point out that like most Prestashop users I am a retailer not a software developer.

If you don't want to help us idiots then that is entirely your own concern, don't there is no need to slag off people who have a genuine issue and are seeking assistance as it seems you often do in your posts.

So while Mr Elpatron you may be technically a very clever person your adversarial comments are offensive, very confrontational and do little to help solve the underlying problem.

In any case I have found a solution to the paypal blank page 500 error issue...

While my situation may not be identical to yours you should check the following file as there is a coding error in process.php

In the paypal module folder /modules/paypal/express_checkout/

you need to edit the file process.php as there is an error on line 124

change line 124 from

if ($cart_currency != $currency_module)

to

if ($cart_currency !== $currency_module)

your problem will be solved by inserting the additional = symbol on that line..

Thank you to those who offered useful and non confrontational suggestions.

• Like 2

@Blejzer, you have entered your paypal information wrong in the module. Refer to paypals error codes https://www.x.com/developers/paypal/documentation-tools/api/errorcodes

@Martin_NZ The problem that the guy that originally started the thread about has nothing to do with your problem. He is trying to load paypal as a 3rd child in an iframe. You cannot do that, it has nothing to do with php, it has to do with security practices.

From what I read it sounded very similar to the problem I had. The title of the post is "Pay with Paypal = blank screen".

I may be mistaken but nowhere in the original post do I see reference to "trying to load paypal as a 3rd child in an iframe."

The original post states "on the payment page when a user tries to click the pay with paypal link the screen goes blank". Further he states in OP "the api credentials are entered correctly as per paypal api".

Anyway, me bad for offering a suggestion that worked for me.. I won't bother in future.

• Like 1

All directories must have 755 permissions and files 644. If you are on a shared type server than it is possible you will not get any error pointing to this problem since the local logs don't show it.

Before trying anything else change the permissions!!!

Good luck to the rest of you all!

Prestashop 1.5.3 Paypal 3.4.4

@emb You can't do what you are wanting to do, nor should. The reason that chrome blank pages is because apparently it has better security than the other browsers. You are re-writing headers from one domain to another. You can't rewrite paypals header, you have no access over their server.

Also paypal standard does not like to be displayed in an iframe. Here is a link from there forums

https://www.x.com/de...g-paypal-iframe

https://www.x.com/de...al-payment-page

https://www.x.com/de...aypal-iframes-0

Dh42

Thank you for your help. Your advise led to to the solution of the problem. We met the deadline. You are awesome.

if one is not capable of getting the information from a 'blank' screen or 500 error...then really there is little hope of ever solving this issue...I did not see where emb said anything about rewrites...

@emb consistent effort? is that some sort of compliment?

again, if you can't get the error code...either as described or by looking at your hosting error log, you are just wasting time..there and here.

so martin_nz, did you read the entire post and try to get the underlying error? When you post on someone elses post, you should read it and say that you did or did not do what was posted before so we don't all have to start over again.

Yes, Actually ... It was a complement. You responded quickly with suggestions. Thank you.

Hello all, It seems like there are two separate issues that was solved. I'll mark this as Solved.

The PayPal module has been upgraded via github here. https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop-modules/commit/31b27b40fe310c275b63119a5843f274c61a8698

The new version of PayPal v3.4.5 will be available as a free download at the Addons store this week, as early as tomorrow.

Thank you all!

The new version of PayPal v3.4.5 just checking the new vwrsion of

The new version of PayPal v3.4.5 will be available as a free download at the Addons store this week, as early as tomorrow.

Thank you all!

Just checking this PayPal v3.4.5 different to the old version of PayPal v3.4.5. Thanks!

• 6 months later...

The new version of PayPal v3.4.5 just checking the new vwrsion of

Just checking this PayPal v3.4.5 different to the old version of PayPal v3.4.5. Thanks!

The only FREE Paypal version I see available is 1.2.5 USA & Canada that just came with the latest version of PrestaShop. Im a complete NOOB, so I have no idea, but Im having the same IFRAME issues.. Help please

• 1 year later...