Adding product to cart, PS adds also some other products

Hello guys,

Yesterday I've moved from the Bluehost to a VPS.

After I've changed the DNS and the site was up this strange error occures:

When I add to cart a product, the PS add that product in cart but along with other products, each time aleatory...

Check toscanamall.com

Could someone help me with this issue?

I use PS 1.4.8.2

Thank you.

Hello Benjamin and thank you for your time.

The only random thing is that the products added next to the desired product are sometimes 1 and up to 10.

This is happening on all products, at the 1st visit. More specific, if you don't clear your cache and delete "unwanted" products from cart, next time you add a product works great.

So, each time I clear cache and history and enter on website, the products thing it appears.

Could be something from the server? I've just moved to a new server.

Thank you.

PS: I've tested on every type of browser

Edited by logan1ro (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

As my client said , it was random , once a month maybe , yesterday it became almost in every new cart ,

I got it solved by deleting all rows on ps_cart_products that has no corresponding ps_cart row , I think there was some carts that were deleted but the corresponding cart_products were not deleted

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Can it be you deleted some orders in back office? There may be some 'ghost products' still in the order detail table...

If you encounter the problem, can you check in the Back office if the randomly added products are also in the cart? If not, it may be indeed these ghost items from an old order....

Let us know.

My 2 cents,

pascal.

• 1 month later...

Josele, check directly in your database in table ps_order_detail if there are products that belong to and order that you don't have in the ps_orders list (check id_order field in ps_order_detail and see if there's any id in it that does NOT exist in your ps_orders table->id_order column

Did you ever deleted orders??

Pascal

• 2 weeks later...

1) open phpMyAdmin

2) open ps_cart_products table

3) check what is the highest number of ID there

4) open ps_cart table

5) go to ps_cart table settings page

6) change AUTO_INCREMENT value to value which is equal to highest number of ID stored in ps_cart_products table, the best: ID+1

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I have solved same issue on 1 .5.4.1 Prestashop before but now i am stuck:

prstshp_cart                 highest id_cart is 482

prstshp_cart_product   highest id_cart is 482

prstshp_cart AUTO_INCREMENT is 483

So it should be ok but i get random products appearing in cart when you add a product and also random products appearing when i try to manually place an order from back office.

I remember deleting an order or two (always forget not to....) so that is the problem obviously but cannot find solution now.

Edited by YanK1973 (see edit history)

your problem was not related to order delete.

from what i see ps_cart autoindex field was to small  - and because of this it included products from ps_cart_products

what was the cause?

some cleaning stuff of ps_cart database

maybe you removed some ghost carts ? ;-)

anyway, case solved.

• Like 1